closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Price of corned Beef

Hello

Tin or corn beef cut up in chunks add to baked beans. Add some black pepper then a tin of new potatoes.

Fantastic!

People probably stocking up pre-Brexit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    Need to start a new thread-
    "Will Spam ever be as good as Corned Beef?"
    I have a liking for fried spam slices in a fry up. But the management don't allow it.

When they go out though...............;-)
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Princes reduced fat version is very good and currently on offer at Tesco.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/252494466

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    I hear the suppliers are holding back stock to create a huge demand that can't be fulfilled.

I was in Lidl and the manager there offered to put my name on the waiting list but said I might have to wait a year of so.

He also hinted that there was a likely price rise in the next few weeks, at which point the apparent shortage might free up a little.

Just saying.........
    ‘They will probably also retain the label for 12 months to ensure you are not looking to make a quick buck by selling it on!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomaitch View Post
    The price of corned Beef has been gradually going up in the last six months . Bearing in mind tinned it lasts for ages , is it a sure fire investment to stockpile it in the misses shoe cabinet , removing the shoes of course to another location (shed) and sitting back and watch your investment increase in value ? Rather than the shoes that gather dust , never get worn and are pretty worthless .
    Shifting your SWMBO’s shoes to the shed to make way for your corned beef stockpile?

Good luck with that!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    I hear the suppliers are holding back stock to create a huge demand that can't be fulfilled.

I was in Lidl and the manager there offered to put my name on the waiting list but said I might have to wait a year of so.

He also hinted that there was a likely price rise in the next few weeks, at which point the apparent shortage might free up a little.

Just saying.........
    Did he suggest you needed to become an established customer by buying some of the dressier processed meats before he's let you have the corned beef.

I've not eaten meat in approaching 40 years and I still crave corned beef on brown bread sandwiches and corned beef hash.

Mmmm corned beef hash, refried potato’s, lots of fried onions then add the cubed corn beef and fry it all up adding liberal doses of Worcestershire sauce, damn I want it now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Mmmm corned beef hash, refried potato’s, lots of fried onions then add the cubed corn beef and fry it all up adding liberal doses of Worcestershire sauce, damn I want it now.
    Diablo, eso suena bien!

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Diablo, eso suena bien!
    I have some potatoes left over from last night, onions, and off to get some bully beef now i think....!

I would ad a dash of dijon mustard too to keep the remainers happy...

oh and don't get me started on corned beef chunks added to pot noodle... sublime!
    Last edited by Xantiagib; 7th February 2019 at 09:43.

Here you go. Free Corned Beef (possibly).

https://www.princes.co.uk/cornedbeefpromoemail

Master
    If the UK ends up with a no-deal Brexit I understand the EU will be liquidating its Corned Beef mountain within weeks. Sell now!

Craftsman
    It was called 'typhoid' when I was at junior school, and it was served to us, in the 60s (Google it). Plus, it was said in maritime circles that if it walks up the ramp, it comes out in the tin! Still a tasty morsel though.
    Last edited by ALindsay; 11th February 2019 at 09:07.