closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sacrilege

Sacrilege

Look what they've gone and done:
    :( http://tinyurl.com/262r3 :cry:

That is a chronograph movement and does not belong in that case. The correct movement should look like this:

apart from the rest of it.

JD
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Grand Master
    I agree. Nothing wrong with the chrono movement in itself, other than the fact that it appears to be missing a large number of parts...

Ming

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Thein
    I agree. Nothing wrong with the chrono movement in itself, other than the fact that it appears to be missing a large number of parts...

Ming
    You can say it's a bit like the Panerai using the 7750 without the chrono-parts. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What do you mean there's nothing wrong with it? What's right with it.

I wonder if the two changes (removing the lugs - inserting the pocket-watch chrono mov.) happened at the same time ...

I have a feeling the lug removal was done by the original user and the new movement must be a recent insertion to deceive. Take the movement out and what have you got left and how much is it worth?

JD
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Grand Master
    A sacrilege indeed.

The watch looks so amputated with the lugs missing on one side... what a pity. :(

Crusader
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Take the movement out and what have you got left and how much is it worth?
    Well, amazingly, the high bidder considered it to be worth in excess of £400 :shock: Mind you, dial, hands, caseback etc must be fairly valuable as parts for the right person. I wonder what happened to the original movement ?

Cheers

Foggy

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy
    Take the movement out and what have you got left and how much is it worth?
    Well, amazingly, the high bidder considered it to be worth in excess of £400 :shock: Mind you, dial, hands, caseback etc must be fairly valuable as parts for the right person. I wonder what happened to the original movement ?

Cheers

Foggy

That isn't that surprising. Complete examples go for a small fortune, something in the reigon of £10k or so.

Ming

That isn't that surprising. Complete examples go for a small fortune, something in the reigon of £10k or so.
    I disagree, Ming. I have seen a number of examples for circa £3000.

The one discussed was far from complete, too. Effectively, the dial and hands made £400+ - I still find that quite surprising.

Regards

Foggy

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy
    I disagree, Ming. I have seen a number of examples for circa £3000.

The one discussed was far from complete, too. Effectively, the dial and hands made £400+ - I still find that quite surprising.

Regards

Foggy
    My mistake. Got confused between the various manufacturers - you're right, the Wempe ones go for £3k or so. I was thinking of the Lange ones

Actually, Wempe did a re-issue recently in steel, silver and platinum. I think the starting price for the steel version was somewhere in the reigon of £1.5k.

Ming