closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: parental control on iPads

Master

parental control on iPads

My oldest has now learned that there is a world beyond the iPlayer app and games, and has started using youtube and Safari on the old iPad 1 (iOS 5.1.1) that the kids use, so I've made an attempt to set parental controls. To my great shame, I have failed miserably.

After a quick google I have turned restrictions on and set age to UK, 4+, with restrictions on for Safari and youtube. Yet, this seems to have no effect. I'm getting plenty of hits when I google something x-rated

Any ideas?

something like opendns.org

you can set it up on your router so all devices get controls or on a per device basis (useful for holiday wifis etc)

Youtube Filter to strict does work ok.....on my iPad anyway. How you doing it?

I've just searched for tits and couldn't find any, I even tried boobs and fanny.

FFF

YouTube Kids

Disable Safari if you can on IOS5.1.1 & install YouTube Kids

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/youtube-kids/id936971630?mt=8

Oh I think your screwed :-

Compatibility:
    Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.
    Last edited by Nogbad The Bad; 7th April 2015 at 21:15.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Youtube Filter to strict does work ok.....on my iPad anyway. How you doing it?

I've just searched for tits and couldn't find any, I even tried boobs and fanny.

FFF
    What I've done is:

Settings > General > Restrictions: ON > Allow: Safari and YouTube: ON (installing/deleting apps: OFF) > Allowed Content: that's where I've fine-tuned, but I guess that doesn't work for Safari and Youtube. They're either on or off. That seems to only work for itunes content (apps, tv shows, movies, music).

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKlaus View Post
    What I've done is:

Settings > General > Restrictions: ON > Allow: Safari and YouTube: ON (installing/deleting apps: OFF) > Allowed Content: that's where I've fine-tuned, but I guess that doesn't work for Safari and Youtube. They're either on or off. That seems to only work for itunes content (apps, tv shows, movies, music).
    Try opening the YouTube app on the iPad and finding the gear/setting icon in the top left.

In there you can set the search filter to strict which definitely works.

FFF