closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Z1000SX riders out there

Craftsman

Any Z1000SX riders out there

I have a perfectly good SV1000, but then decisions to change bikes has more to do with the heart than the head

The bikes that looks like it ticks all of my boxes is the 2014 onward Kawasaki Z1000sx with traction control and ABS

I'd like to hear from any TZ'ers that own one

Thanks
    Ash

Not actually ridden a Z1000SX but I did test ride a first gen Z1000. I have also owned several Vstrom that have the same engine as your SV and test rode a SV1000

The Kawasaki is a great bike that would be a different experience to the SV. Instead on the torquey v twin the inline Four has less low down grunt but the mid to high end rush is intoxicating.

I found the Z1000 to be vibey but not to bad enough to put me off. A real fun ride

Part of Motorcycle ownership is changing your bike every so often because they are so varied. I'd say go for it

I ride a Suzuki GSX1400 now as it gives good compromise between comfort and grunt

Craftsman
    Nice bike... I'll book a test ride

I've had a quick go on one, nice bike. If you're coming off a v twin try and get an extended test ride to see if you get on with the in line 4. The engine is great, and I think a derivative of the old zx9r so grunty and with a decent mid range as its not just tuned for peak power. I went from a blackbird to an Aprilia rsvr factory and then a zx7r and changing from 4 - 2 - 4 cylinders took some recalibration of riding style.

Craftsman
    I know what you mean... This will be the first non Suzuki I try... Had a vstrom 650, then bandit 1250GT, then Hayabusa and now an SV1000 :)