closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Who's Audi is this?

Master

Who's Audi is this?

Is this yours?!

Wife saw this bump which left a surprisingly big dent. Thought I'd post it up in case the owner wants the video!

Last edited by funkstar; 27th March 2015 at 00:07.

Is she driving a scooby? :)

It's quite difficult to see, with no road markings right until the collision. But, to me, it looks like the Audi as fault anyway?

RS as well

Thats gonna cost

I thought for a minute it was this one (watch it to the end!)

Looks like the Audi didnt check before switching lanes.

The HGV's a left hooker already in the lane and it looks like to me the Audi changes lane..

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Is this yours?!

Wife saw this bump which left a surprisingly big dent. Thought I'd post it up in case the owner wants the video!
    Remarkable as it may seem, I didn't see the Audi indicating when it changed lanes!
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Remarkable as it may seem, I didn't see the Audi indicating when it changed lanes!
    You people make me sick; why should the driver of an expensive white German car indicate? Next you'll be suggesting he should have checked his blind spot for such rarities as a huge articulated lorry. This is clearly the fault of the light and nimble truck who should have a) quickly darted out of the way, or b) been more considerate to the Audi driver by not being on his road.

NOTE- I have luckily avoided a similar incident changing lanes on a roundabout, these things happen from time to time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by brucey View Post
    Is she driving a scooby? :)
    Yep - good spot :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    It's quite difficult to see, with no road markings right until the collision. But, to me, it looks like the Audi as fault anyway?
    As much as I want to blame the Audi driver (earlier footage shows he definitely doesn't use his mirrors) - I do think the lorry drifted in to his lane.

That said, you're driving next to a bloody huge left hand driver lorry on a round about - doesn't take rocket science to realise you need to be aware the lorry might change lanes.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    seen this exact same accident the other day, with an Audi TT, it was totally the truck drivers fault, he just couldn't see it sitting next to him. although as already stated, you need to pay attention when driving up the side of an artic, or any other large vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I know that junction well - it's M25 N -> A12 E. The 'correct' lane to be in changes as you go round the roundabout, so you do have to drift about at bit. Definitely looks like the Audi drove into the lorry though.

It does look familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    RS as well

Thats gonna cost
    Why is an RS body more expensive to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Why is an RS body more expensive to fix?

Parts presumably?

I like the way she sighs rather than helps :))))))

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    Parts presumably?
    They're wider arches aren't they, only available on the RS? Bound to cost a premium.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    I like the way she sighs rather than helps :))))))
    Lol.

In her defence she was carrying an 8 week old so wasn't keen on stopping on a major roundabout to discuss it!

Lol.

In her defence she was carrying an 8 week old so wasn't keen on stopping on a major roundabout to discuss it!

Was only kidding mate :)

They're wider arches aren't they, only available on the RS? Bound to cost a premium.
    This.......plus special wheels, bumper , blah blah
    All bound to be a premium.

holy cow I think that is my RS5 which I sold in December!! Where was this taken?

As much as I want to blame the Audi driver (earlier footage shows he definitely doesn't use his mirrors) - I do think the lorry drifted in to his lane.

That said, you're driving next to a bloody huge left hand driver lorry on a round about - doesn't take rocket science to realise you need to be aware the lorry might change lanes.
    +1

I think the truck drifted right and into the Audi which was, presumably, in its blind spot.
    Not wishing to be controversial but, if the Audi was a cyclist would opinions expressed as to fault be different?

You wouldn't be happy with that

Master
    Foreign truck so Audi in blind spot. Both seem to drift into the same lane from each side.

Grand Master
    The owner probably wouldn't want the video as it shows him clearly at fault.

You don't usually change lanes whilst alongside any vehicle whether it another car or HGV!,you either drop back or get far enough ahead to change lanes ahead of the vehicle if possible,or even better GET IN THE CORRECT LANE ALWAYS.

And as the HGV is a left hand drive the car is in his blind spot at that moment,but most if not all non HGV drivers are aware of any blind spots has this video clearly shows.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BDStevens View Post
    Foreign truck so Audi in blind spot. Both seem to drift into the same lane from each side.
    Observe the White lines,the artic NEVER crosses the White line,the Audi did,so the artic did not drift as you say,the rear wheels simply do not track the same line as the tractor units because of the length,hence why the driver of an artic takes a wider arc on a roundabout to allow the trailer to not hit the roundabout or stupid car driver that sees the big space he had left for him.....NOT!.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Observe the White lines,the artic NEVER crosses the White line,the Audi did,so the artic did not drift as you say.
    You're wrong! Why did the car behind the Audi have to slow down and alter course? - because the truck was drifting (deliberately or otherwise) to the right.

Master
    Who's Audi is this? A partially sighted person's evidently.

This is the north bound side of M25 J28. If you look at the lane markings, you will see that the approriate lanes for A12(E) change from the inside and middle, to the outside and middle. The outside A12(E) lanes also go from two lanes to one, at one point. So it is normal for cars to move between lanes as they try to get into the correct lane.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.60.../data=!3m1!1e3

Sorry to disagree with everybody but at the start of the footage the Audi appears to be well in front of the truck. I think the truck simply did not see the Audi. Truckers fault but I bet getting an insurance payout will be impossible.

Personally I think the Audi driver is relying on luck or other miracle. Quite how a lorry driver on the "wrong" side of the cab is supposed to see a little car that tucked itself in the truck's path is a mystery to me.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    You're wrong! Why did the car behind the Audi have to slow down and alter course? - because the truck was drifting (deliberately or otherwise) to the right.
    Take another look,and you will quite clearly see the car you refer to soon realises he too is in the WRONG lane and does as you say move away from the HGV,because he should not have been where he was!,look again as the White line becomes visible!.......You now see it don't you?..

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aldfort View Post
    Sorry to disagree with everybody but at the start of the footage the Audi appears to be well in front of the truck. I think the truck simply did not see the Audi. Truckers fault but I bet getting an insurance payout will be impossible.
    Yes he was......but why did he slow down to place himself right at the side of the artic and into a blind spot too!.
    Any car can out run any artic so why slow down,I have the same when drivers merge onto the motorway,they assume I can move over,but don't see the Middle lane has whatever overtaking me,put you foot down and get ahead or give way as is the rule of the highway.....and only then come past me tooting your horn and giving the finger!.

Master
    The artic absolutely pulls across from the left to the right, but the Audi also pulls across to the left. Without local knowledge of the roundabout and knowing where to position your car for the next section, I wouldn't want to call blame on anyone here. However it's more likely that the Audi knows the area more than a foreign driver.

The artic is actually coming round in the middle lane, the Audi tries to pull in. There's a white van on the inside of the artic so he has nowhere to go.

The Audi is definitely to blame IMHO.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The artic is actually coming round in the middle lane, the Audi tries to pull in. There's a white van on the inside of the artic so he has nowhere to go.

The Audi is definitely to blame IMHO.
    The artic is not in the middle lane. Watch the video again. It appears that he is in the middle lane at the beginning of the video, but watch the white van on the left of the artic, he is pulling off the roundabout, so the road is obviously wider at that point. The artic is in the left lane after the exit and starts to come across into the middle lane. At the end of the video, the back of the trailer is straddling the middle and left lane. That wouldn't have happened had he already been in the middle lane.

Master
    Blog Entries
    From this vid you can see it is an Audi VRN P55MRT

This comes back on a MyCarCheck as a Audi RS5 FSi Quattro S-A which is first reg on 09032011.