closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines Master Triple Date Moophase Chronograph

Longines Master Triple Date Moophase Chronograph

I know these are owned by Swatch nowadays but what's the general consensus on this model and brand of watch please.

Personally, I love Longines. The have some great classic style designs, and their heritage line is fantastic value. This one in particular is quite a nice watch. I tried it on while in Goldsmiths on a whim recently. Beautiful piece with so much going on, but handled surprisingly well.

However I don't really think it works as a chronograph. It's a bit too dressy, and I associate chronographs with something a bit sportier. Taking the chronograph functionality off would leave a cleaner watch (although that's not really possible with the movement - a modified 7751 I think?)

I think that instead of this watch I would rather go with the Retrograde moonphase one: Having four retrograde hands is pretty unusual, and a retrograde second hand is a great thing to sit and watch.

Master
    great value for money. they do some really nice watches are seem to be very reasonable and well though of.

a mate had something similar to that a while ago and it was lovely in the flesh for £££

I really like Longines and have owned a few in the past including the triple date moonphase which was the best of them!

Longines offer good value for money and often got more wrist time than the higher value pieces in my collection. I liked a lot of models in both the Master Collection and Heritage Collection.

They are expensive new (about £1800 I think) but secondhand probably just under £1000. I was looking for a triple date for about 6 months but couldn't find one on the usual forums.

I was at Rome Fiumicino last week and spotted a poster for a new triple date model:

Last edited by Christian; 16th March 2015 at 19:12.

That's pretty I like that.

I have a soft spot for longines. I think they're a great brand with good heritage and are just the right side of mainstream to be interesting and have integrity. They are often good value (as far as that goes with Swiss watches anyway)

Steve

Master
    Reminds me a lot of the Louis Erard Excellence Moonphase Chrono which may make a cheaper alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by ArghZombies View Post
    Just a stunning watch for the money, an amazing amount of horology in there. Oh, and it's quite beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Just a stunning watch for the money, an amazing amount of horology in there. Oh, and it's quite beautiful.
    It's a looker but it's a bit big at 44mm.

The black faced version is also stunning.

Despite being a little on the large side, Its a lovely looking watch at a good price. Dial detail and proportion like that is generally seen on watches of far higher cost.

As for the brand being owned by swatch - well so are quite a few - Omega included, so no great disaster there.

I have a real soft spot for Longines - in their heyday they were, it has been said, rated in many respects to be at the very top of their game - higher than Omega and rolex - and it always seems a bit sad to me how the brand is now placed within its parent group.

That said - great that Longines is still around and making watches with a nod to their terrific heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    It comes in two sizes I think. The 44mm is the larger one. I can't remember the smaller size one though but it's a better size.

Totally agree they are a grand looking watch and i have always looked at buying one over the last 2 years, i was hoping to buy a nice Railmaster but if it doesn't happen i'm getting one of these, it'll go nicely with my Sub Ceramic...

Hmm. While I've nothing against 44mm in principle, I don't think the size works for me with this 'dressy' style which is a shame.

Is this particular model out of production now?

Master
    Blog Entries
    The best watch to carry the 7751 in my opinion. Always fancied one but for some reason, never did.

Master

I know these are owned by Swatch nowadays but what's the general consensus on this model and brand of watch please.
    I have this one (but on a bracelet), it's a really lovely watch, beautiful dial, lots of detailing and wonderful blue hands that can really catch the light. It's a nice size at 40mm but the face is quite busy given the number of complications. Really like the Longines brand but I am actually tempted to let this one go from my collection for something slightly more simple.

Master
    I really like them and will be looking to acquire one in the near future.

Master
    I think the larger size was 42mm, but it's no longer produced.

I'd have the retrograde in the second post if it wasn't so large, so in it's place I'd take either this one or its Roman numeral, black dialed brother.

I tried this one on a few months back and took a (crap!) shot while I was at it, 'twas a lovely thing. I used to have one of the sports Conquest Chronos and have a date LLD that I don't wear perhaps as often as I should.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Hmm. While I've nothing against 44mm in principle, I don't think the size works for me with this 'dressy' style which is a shame.

Is this particular model out of production now?
    As far as I know they have a 42 and 44mm versions that are slightly different (There is a price difference too) The 42mm looks great on the wrist especially on the croc strap. Some people think they look a bit over complicated for a dress type watch but I think at 42mm it doesnt look OTT and fits in well with a shirt.

I actually struggle to find a Longines watch I dont like.

Relatively understated yet sound brand with great (past) history and very reasonably priced products. Like it a lot.