closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vacheron constantin service prices

Vacheron constantin service prices

I am seriously considering a VC overseas chrono. However, having found out just how much servicing a VC is, I am having second thoughts. At least in Denmark it seems very pricy. Watches are being sent to Switzerland and the basic cost is around £1500++
    I know VC is considered a high end brand etc but I believe that even Patek service costs are less.
    This is not to start a debate about service costs and reasonability . I would however like to know if there are alternatives in the UK or globally where service charges are more "humane"?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's bloody expensive whichever way you do it mate!

Master
    About 18 months ago I sent a VC Overseas Chronograph to VC themselves through an authorised dealer here (Scotland) and the cost of the service was about £800. £1500 is ridiculously over priced

Banned
    Is this price you have direct from VC or thorugh a authorised agent. I know here in the UK you can save some money by going direct.

Journeyman
    I also checked with the AD in Copenhagen and was quoted a minimum of £1500 but at the same time told to expect closer to £2000 :-(

I had to send my wife's Audemars Piguet Royal Oak through Wempe to Audemars for a service. The bill was 1800€, so VC is not that far away...

The service costs are the reasons mine had to go, if I did high end again it would be for a single watch that was my only watch, which, let's face it, is what sane people do ... Still watch research and collecting is fun.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    I had to send my wife's Audemars Piguet Royal Oak through Wempe to Audemars for a service. The bill was 1800€, so VC is not that far away...
    That either included parts or dealer mark-up. A Royal Oak Chrono costs around £8-900. OP, have you bypassed the dealers and called the VC service centre in your country for a quote?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    That sounds high. I was qouted £650 for basic service (no polish) on a AP RO and £950 for a ROO at the local AD with a trained inhouse AP watchmaker (Denmark)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim T View Post
    That sounds high. I was qouted £650 for basic service (no polish) on a AP RO and £950 for a ROO at the local AD with a trained inhouse AP watchmaker (Denmark)
    she had lost her crown, and that stupid part wasn't to be had anywhere. I had to go through Wempe as there is no AP boutique around my area and was told they would only replace the crown with a complete overhaul. I didn't even get a reciept from AP, got the bill off Wempe.

Quote Originally Posted by ibby7 View Post
    Is this price you have direct from VC or thorugh a authorised agent. I know here in the UK you can save some money by going direct.
    The price was an estimate based upon their previous experience given by the local AD in Copenhagen.
    Even taking a trip to Scotland and having a service done thought the AD there would be cheaper than my local AD it seems . Only way this makes sence to me is to assume they are making a hefty profit just sending off the watch to Switzerland???
    Sending the watch directly to VC myself could be an even cheaper option I suppose. Did not even know this was an option...
    Last edited by RyanBK; 12th March 2015 at 01:25.

Master
    http://www.vacheron-constantin.com/e...ap-search.html – contact the London Service Centre (and Paris) and ask the cost, and timeframe.
    If you ask Switzerland, remember you'll be expected to pay VAT on the price they charge, and having to deal with your local customs process – that'd be part of the reason for the higher cost via the dealer, who'd handle all that on your behalf, before you arrive to collect it.

I took mine direct and although the lead time was crazy (one year) as it was vintage, I thought the price OK at £1300 for a lightly water damaged movement needing new crown wheel ratchet wheel, centre wheel, click spring and a new leather strap.

Royal Oak Chrono last year

complete Maintenance service = £632
    Complete refinish of bezel and bracelet = £342

New handsabout £75

Direct with AP.

cheers

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post

New handsabout £75

Direct with AP.

cheers

Joe
    not sure how useful that info is as the topic is the cost of VC servicing

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post

Thanks for the link. Been looking for UK service costs

Craftsman
    Crikey - glad I decided on the Overseas Date over the FiftySix Complete Calendar!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjgerrard View Post
    Crikey - glad I decided on the Overseas Date over the FiftySix Complete Calendar!
    Eye watering prices!

Ouch

I can only assume the 840 Euro "Authenticity Certificate" is a solid gold tablet or similar.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    I can only assume the 840 Euro "Authenticity Certificate" is a solid gold tablet or similar.
    Indeed!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post

New handsabout £75

Direct with AP.

cheers

Joe
    Joe , what is a handsabout ?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Vacheron constantin service prices

Hands are about... ?

Blog Entries
    It is a great relief to see that they will provide a certificate of authenticity for only £840 and you can get a duplicate certificate for ONLY £395! I suspect the queue for these fabulous offers will make even the Wimbledon queues look minuscule!

You would never know they're a Richemont brand would you.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanBK View Post
    I am seriously considering a VC overseas chrono. However, having found out just how much servicing a VC is, I am having second thoughts. At least in Denmark it seems very pricy. Watches are being sent to Switzerland and the basic cost is around £1500++
    I know VC is considered a high end brand etc but I believe that even Patek service costs are less.
    This is not to start a debate about service costs and reasonability . I would however like to know if there are alternatives in the UK or globally where service charges are more "humane"?
    Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app