closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 114060

Master

Rolex 114060

I have gone through 4 x Rolex's, (GMT, ND sub, Date sub, Bluesy) 3 x Omegas ( Electric Blue, Bond Seamaster, Planet Ocean). God knows how many other dive watches and am drawn to the Rolex 114060 as my ultimate 'Everything' watch. Someone please talk me out of it before I pull the trigger. The watch looks the 'Dogs Bollocks' Regards. Kev

Master
    A pic would help those of us who have no idea re: Rolex code numbers (despite owning them!)

PS how is this an "everything watch" over and above the ones you have already own which include date functions etc?

Grand Master
    Quite possibly the best of the new ceramics I feel, perfectly simple and solid
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Have a look at a Tudor Black Bay

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Quite possibly the best of the new ceramics I feel, perfectly simple and solid

Id agree tried on the full range last week and although the SD takes all the plaudits it's just missing something for me. The nd sub how ever was perfect and from the very brief time I spent handling it I was convinced it can take a proper beating

Master
    Look at the size of the clasp though, it's mahooooooooosize!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post

Not really Id say substantial and very comfortable and practical
    RIAC

Master
    To each, their own

Master

Thats the big turn off for me. Love the watch, but the clasp covering the whole back of the wrist is a big no for me

I truly believe the 114060 is THE best Rolex SS sport !

Grand Master
    You might find if you own one for a while rather than assume its not an issue at all having a clasp of those dimensions. I cant recall the clasp ever being a show stopper on them
    RIAC

The 114060 is a fantastic watch with a well-balanced dial and great feel on the wrist. The bracelet and clasp are very well made, a real highlight for me. I know I'll have one again some day...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I really like them but I didn't known the clasp was that wide. Erk.

Master
    The Sea-Dweller has a better case shape, in my opinion. Not a fan of the huge lugs on the 114060

No. I'd definitely say what he said - it's frikkin MAHOOOOOSIVE !!

- - - Updated - - -

It really is a fantastic watch. Mine is a true keeper. If I had to criticise it though I'd say it doesn't look quite as good on a nato as the 14060 it succeeded, maybe because of the change in case size. Saying the it is still my favourite modern Rolex.

Blog Entries
    To the OP, is a date function important to you? If so I'd suggest the SDc rather than 114060. If the function is not needed the 114060 is fantastic and the best iteration to date. The clasp in both SDc and NDSubc are the same though the SDc has an additional dive extension which can be removed for comfort. In both cases I've had no issues with the clasp size as it counterbalances the watch head.

Best try one one yourself if you're serious, and you'd best take your wallet!

Martyn

Master

Is that photo an accurate representation of the clasp size? If it's taken on a phone which I suspect it is then it won't be, with the clasp looking larger in proportion to the wrist than it actually is. Not to say it's not large but prospective owners should try it for themselves. I bought a 114060 from here and although it's now on a friend's wrist because I too prefer the older case dimensions I have to say that the bracelet and clasp are a revelation over the older 'rattly' incarnations.

Master
    I owned one for a while and can't say I noticed the size of the clasp. Wasn't a factor for me at all.
    Nicely built watch, and I chose one after trying an old style SD vs the 114060. Big step up in build quality I though.

Although i love both sub and sea dweller alike, i must admit im not 100% convinced on the new ceramic bezel. Just feels a bit overtly blingy to me?

Ps. For me, the date function would make it an all rounder!

Master
    The clasp does look large in that photo, but I think it's artefact, as I've had various "new model" Rolexes with that clasp, and although it is larger than your average clasp, I have never really noticed it or found it any sort of issue.

I suspect the photo makes it looks bigger than it really is (small wrist, close up, phone camera).

Master
    Much prefer its predecessor, not keen on the new cases.

Blog Entries
    Deepsea clasp looks around the same size

Its a great watch. The absence of a date has three distinct bonuses - perfect dial symmetry, less script and no Cyclops. Win, win, win...
    The clasp is large, but comfortable.

IMHO the Deepsea is the best modern Rolex as long as your wrists can carry it off. The 114060 is very nice too although I do have a soft spot for the Hulk.

The new Seadweller left me cold, just my opinion of course

Craftsman
    Is there something akin to a two line version of this? Without all the additional text, I'd love one without a date and a clean dial

Quote Originally Posted by newsboy View Post
    Deepsea clasp looks around the same size

One of the reasons mine is on a Rubber B

Master
    Thanks guys, I did'n't know about the clasp being so long but that's the beauty of this forum, so much experience in one place. The clasp length has not put me off though as I am after a tool diver. I am not so bothered by a date function either as I find it redundant in my case. The expensive bezel insert might be an issue though if it becomes damaged !!!! I will have to try one on and see. Regards. Kev

Banned
    Having owned several Tag Heuer, Omega and a few Rolex including Aqua Terra's, Broadarrow's, SMP, GMTIIc and 114060, I can confirm that you are making the right decision IMO.

I had to sell my collection to fund a car for the wife, but my next big watch purchase when the time comes would be another 114060.

I would go for it. You could find fault in any watch, the clasp is long but in return you get the glide which is great.

I would go for it

Andy

Why do you think this one will be your ultimate keeper? I had my own try with a 116610 but sold it for a 5513 now...too thick...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ive also had a few Seamasters, 2 Planet Oceans, Sub C Ceramic Date, Sub C LV however my two faves (still own) are the DSSD and 114060.

I much prefer the clean 114060 over the date version!

I say go for it!

Journeyman
    Nearly bought one in August but could not decide between the Sub and a previous model SD. Now I'd want to try an SDc before making a decision - hoping to find it's too thick and heavy and so not being tempted to go for the more expensive option...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post
    I truly believe the 114060 is THE best Rolex SS sport !

My vote would go for its predecesor. 14060m.

Just cant get over the ugly fat lugs.

But +1 on the no date. Thats the way a sub should be.
    Last edited by pearlwhite67; 1st March 2015 at 22:07.

Horses for courses!

I've had the 116610LN, 114060 and the 116600 all go through my collection and the 116600 is the only one I missed so I purchased another.

Master
    I really like the clean look of the ND Sub, and as someone who rarely sets the date on his watch, can really see the simplicity as a plus point.

Just looking at the clasp on my BLNR and am surprised at the difference in them, never noticed the size difference.