closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New mobile phone dilemma

New mobile phone dilemma

I bought a Moto X 2nd gen from the SC recently. On Tuesday I also ordered a Oneplus one to give that a try. I'd got tired of my S5 and fancied a change. The Moto arrived on Thursday and I used it Moto for a day and knew I preferred it over the S5 (so that was sold this morning to a mate).

The Oneplus one arrived today and immediately thought it wasn't as big as I expected it would be. Used it for a few hours today and think its brilliant.

So I now have a dilemma on which one of the 2 to keep. My worry is if I kept the One+ I'd get used to a big phone and anything smaller would feel too small. The size of the Moto is superb and just what I like/prefer but just think the One+ is very very good.

I know its all personal choice but has anyone had a similar dilemma? I suppose the other option would be to root the Moto as that would see it running similar software to the One+ I believe but the Moto software is pretty good anyway.

Aaagh

Blog Entries
    If it were me I'd go with the OnePlus and nothing else. But it's really one of those things that is very personal, isn't it.

Nothing to add to the conversation but these two, as well, as the Nexus 6 are what I'm looking at to replace my failing Nexus 4.
    So also interested in views...

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    If it were me I'd go with the OnePlus and nothing else. But it's really one of those things that is very personal, isn't it.
    I thought it would feel huge (i've got pretty small hands) but it doesn't and just love the feel of it and the customisation.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Nothing to add to the conversation but these two, as well, as the Nexus 6 are what I'm looking at to replace my failing Nexus 4.
    So also interested in views...
    The Moto feels quite premium (definitely against my previous S5) and is actually smaller than the Samsung but with a slightly bigger screen. The Oneplus feels pretty good as well and for £280 delivered its ridiculous value. The Nexus 6 IMO is too big.

Craftsman
    Just keep both, treat them as watches and put them in the rotation.

jim

Journeyman
    The Oneplus is indeed fantastic value for money, I bought one on a whim and it has replaced my HTC M8 as my main phone. The battery life is outstanding, and it has survived a few knocks and drops.

My only complaint is that they have yet to release an official update to Android 5, I know that it's very easy to root and that there are various custom roms etc, but I don't really want to lose my banking app, which won't run on rooted phones.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Just keep both, treat them as watches and put them in the rotation.

jim
    Nice idea but I only want to stick with one.

Quote Originally Posted by armchairpundit View Post
    The Oneplus is indeed fantastic value for money, I bought one on a whim and it has replaced my HTC M8 as my main phone. The battery life is outstanding, and it has survived a few knocks and drops.

My only complaint is that they have yet to release an official update to Android 5, I know that it's very easy to root and that there are various custom roms etc, but I don't really want to lose my banking app, which won't run on rooted phones.
    Fantastic isn't it. My only worry is the size becomes my standard. For example after 9 months with the S5 anything smaller (even 4.5/4.7 screens) just feel too small

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    My only worry is the size becomes my standard. For example after 9 months with the S5 anything smaller (even 4.5/4.7 screens) just feel too small
    Why is that a worry? If it's the right size for you, then it's the right size for you.

I've just downsized from my Xperia Z Ultra (which is a fantastic phone, and a fantastic handheld computer, but just a little bit too big to carry around with me) to a Nexus 6, which seems to be the right size for me.

I did look at the OnePlus, but the lack of 4G put me off. I'm also quite impressed with Lollipop on the Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Why is that a worry? If it's the right size for you, then it's the right size for you.

I've just downsized from my Xperia Z Ultra (which is a fantastic phone, and a fantastic handheld computer, but just a little bit too big to carry around with me) to a Nexus 6, which seems to be the right size for me.

I did look at the OnePlus, but the lack of 4G put me off. I'm also quite impressed with Lollipop on the Nexus.
    I realise it's a bit of a daft comment but suppose I mean because it will limit my choices in future. Having small hands I recently tried a z3 compact but it felt too small after being used to my s5.

The Moto is definitely the perfect size for me. But I'm leaning towards keeping the one+ as after a day of use I've found it brilliant. As I'm on 3 I thankfully get 4g with the one+ and used it for a few hours in a 4g area yesterday and it was very very fast.

Well after a few more hours with the One+ I've decided to stick with it as I love it and sell on the Moto. Didn't think I'd decide so quickly but the One+ just is so usable and customisable from stock that I've just found using it a pleasure.

Anyone interested in either of these phones, you won't be disappointed. They're both brilliant phones.