closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao - Finally Confirmed

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao - Finally Confirmed

So it has finally been confirmed....

Who wins and why?

Master
    I don't care anymore, too late now, they should have made this years ago and had a rematch or two.

Banned
    Great news, but perhaps a few years too late. In my heart I'll be rooting for The Pacman, but in my pocket there will be a betting slip with May & Weather written on it.

Craftsman
    Mayweather on points. And by about 6 rounds.

I like Pac Man, but Floyd is too good!!

Blog Entries
    It will be an over rated fight in my opinion. For once I agree with Amir Khan that it's 4 years to late and Floyd will win on decision. Good tactics by Floyd I think avoiding Khan who is his only real threat right now and picking someone who's an amazing fights but on his way down. I will still pay to watch It!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Three years ago, this would have been the fightof the century. Now it may not even be the fight of the year.
    I'd love Pacman to do the business but still reckon there is enough in Mayweather's game to edge it.

Looking forward to it
    But yeah 3 yrs to late

Can only echo the above. Why not 3 years ago... Still be decent but I suspect an underwhelming bitty affair and not the clash of the Titans it could have been. Mayweather for me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by moynan66 View Post
    Mayweather on points. And by about 6 rounds.

I like Pac Man, but Floyd is too good!!
    Agree with this. Mayweather by a big points margin.

Craftsman
    Watched the Manny documentary last week so very excited about this now!

I agree though, a few years too late for both fighters!

Five years too late but well worth a watch. My betting slip will say Mayweather.

Banned
    Mayweather will win the real contest by $20 million.

he will also win the secondary boxing game by a couple points.

Craftsman
    I'll echo what I expect to be the universal sentiment!

I would love pacman to win.
    I am expecting Mayweather to win.

It's to boxing's absolute shame that this has taken so long to put together - if it took place a few years ago I believe it could have been one of the greatest fights ever. It could have helped breathe some life into a sport which sorely needs it.

Oh my God. This is amazing! I know they are both 3 years older but this is the fight that will define their legacy. I can't wait.

Finally! Manny has been lightning fast in training lately and I cling onto the fact that an aged Mosley rocked floyd with a left hook (a prime Mosley would of been an awesome fight too) manny has that speed and power, so even as discussed if floyd tries to outbox him (he has to IMO, can't outfight manny) it seems likely that he's going to have to take a shot or two, and that is is the interesting bit for me, how's his chin? I also don't like floyd so would love to see him beat!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Generous John View Post
    Who wins ?

The promoters, and SKY !

Master
    As all have said at least 3 years too late and money is the only driver here. I don't like Mayweather but think he will win. I will also be paying to watch though!

Was reading something earlier about the cheapest seats in the house to watch it live are just over £5K!!

I will go with the consensus too and go with a Mayweather win.

As a lot have already said, this fight would've been a few years back but let's be realistic here, this is still one of the biggest fights in history. Cannot wait for it!

Journeyman
    Would really like to see Pacman win, but not sure it will happen. Should be an interesting fight. Haven't really followed or watched the boxing in many years, but this is one I'm definitely not going to miss.

Craftsman
    I genuinely thought that these two had already fought; I thought Mayweather had won too. Obviously I'd invented it in my own head.
    To prove my ignorance further, how do you watch boxing these days? Do you need Sky , then Sky Sports and then pay extra for the fight? I liked the stuff they were doing on Channel 5 a while back ( maybe they still do it), no big fights though. I do enjoy a good boxing match.

I'm another one who thinks this fight has come too late - very shrewd on Mayweathers' part to have engineered the situation to fall this way.
    That said, I'm looking forward to it - it had to happen.

The head says Mayweather, the heart says Pacquiao - so nothing new to add there.

Pacquiao, career-wise and in terms of "work ethic" has less to lose though - and that gives him a punchers chance.

Why oh why couldn't this have happened earlier...

... oh wait... Mayweather would've had to have worked harder for his payday...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    I genuinely thought that these two had already fought; I thought Mayweather had won too. Obviously I'd invented it in my own head.
    To prove my ignorance further, how do you watch boxing these days? Do you need Sky , then Sky Sports and then pay extra for the fight? I liked the stuff they were doing on Channel 5 a while back ( maybe they still do it), no big fights though. I do enjoy a good boxing match.
    Channel 5 now.

GGG vs Martin Murray.

Pretty big fight I think.

Master
    Mayweather by a distance.

Master
    Golovkin showed why he is the best pound for pound fighter in the world tonight imo.
    I'd pick mayweather to win against pacquiao as I think he will be too elusive for manny, may have been a different story a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by no.3 View Post
    Golovkin showed why he is the best pound for pound fighter in the world tonight imo.
    He is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Generous John View Post
    He is the real deal.
    Agree, he is not just a very powerful puncher, he has great technique. His defence is perhaps not the best but to make up for it he has a chin like a brick!

No one else in his current weight division to give him a real test (huge respect to Martin Murray though). He needs to move up!

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    I'd pick mayweather to win against pacquiao as I think he will be too elusive for manny, may have been a different story a few years ago

Regarding Floyd/pac, Floyd will win if he keeps pac outside, uses his jab and boxes (as he usually does) but if pacman drags him into a war, Floyds pride may go before a fall here...

It's a great match-up because tactically speaking, they're quite different fighters and either have the potential to win.

I wouldn't be making any wagers personally, becaus ANYTHING could happen with this one.....

Agree re: Golovkin, he is made of iron! He shrugged Murray off with ease!

Blog Entries
    I would fight both of them together for a tenth of the purse! Assuming I lived through the experience, there would be some new watches on the horizon!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Olic View Post
    Finally! Manny has been lightning fast in training lately and I cling onto the fact that an aged Mosley rocked floyd with a left hook (a prime Mosley would of been an awesome fight too) manny has that speed and power, so even as discussed if floyd tries to outbox him (he has to IMO, can't outfight manny) it seems likely that he's going to have to take a shot or two, and that is is the interesting bit for me, how's his chin? I also don't like floyd so would love to see him beat!
    Mayweather's taken a few big shots before, never phased him. Hitting him in the first place will be the tricky bit for Manny, fast as he may well be.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Yes and no. He never looked like getting beaten, he was never rattled by Murray but Murray didn't make it easy for him. Despite the two knockdowns, Murray showed that he's made of tough stuff. That said, Golovkin is made of something else entirely, it's hard to see how he'll be beaten... possibly by DQ for his occasional illegal punches.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Yes and no. He never looked like getting beaten, he was never rattled by Murray but Murray didn't make it easy for him. Despite the two knockdowns, Murray showed that he's made of tough stuff. That said, Golovkin is made of something else entirely, it's hard to see how he'll be beaten... possibly by DQ for his occasional illegal punches.
    Golovkin has had over 300 amateur and pro fights and never been knocked down. He is a throwback to the kind of champions we had years ago and reminds me of Hagler, the way other boxers avoid him.
    Last edited by no.3; 22nd February 2015 at 23:35.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Regarding Floyd/pac, Floyd will win if he keeps pac outside, uses his jab and boxes (as he usually does) but if pacman drags him into a war, Floyds pride may go before a fall here...

It's a great match-up because tactically speaking, they're quite different fighters and either have the potential to win.

I wouldn't be making any wagers personally, becaus ANYTHING could happen with this one.....

Mayweather's too clever to get dragged into a war. No way will that happen.

Journeyman
    Rooting BIGTIME for Manny but feel Floyd will do enough boxing and moving to win a decision.

GGG is my favorite fighter. He is indeed a throwback or sorts and has all of the tools. I hope he has many years ahead of him still!

Master
    Assume they even make it to the ring which probably is 50:50 at best then I will go with Mayweather. He seems to be one of the few boxers that seems to have worked out it's a points game - so Mayweather by a country mile in points. As has been said this should have happened years ago - all that yapping about money, should have got $10m each and the rest to the winner.

This is just a retirement fund fight. As has been said this should have happened years ago.

19.95 to watch it on Sky Box office, i'm in and as much as i like Manny, i just think Floyd is one of the greatest of all time, and will go 50 undefeated before he retires for good. I laugh when people say he ducked other fighters, he's fought and beaten the best. He was going to get hammered by Saul Alverez, due to him being the bigger guy, he made him look like a novice...
    Can't wait for May 2nd...

Golovkin has had over 300 amateur and pro fights and never been knocked down. He is a throwback to the kind of champions we had years ago and reminds me of Hagler, the way other boxers avoid him.
    Oh come on as much as we all want to build this guy up, he hasn't even fought anyone decent yet (name me one world class box office name on his record), when he starts knocking out Andre Ward and Carl Froch then start talking about Hagler (my fav of all time) until then please don't mention GGG in the same sentence as Marvin...