closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New watch........Oris BC3?

Apprentice

New watch........Oris BC3?

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to all this having purchased my first, what I would call, real watch last year. A military Longines from the 30's. I absolutely love it. However, it's not particularly versatile and I find myself being overly careful with it for fear of breaking it. For example if it's raining I'll leave it at home and I always take it off when washing my hands etc. I seem to mainly wear it when I got out these days. So, in part due to considerations above and also that I have definitely got the watch buying 'bug' I have decided to buy another and I think the BC3 (non-advanced) is the way forward. I think it's a very versatile watch. I like the dial alot. Simple yet elegant. It has a eta 2836 movement (day and date). Sapphire crystal. It's 40mm which I think is about the right size for me. Plus it's water resistant to 50m. So overall I think it will be a lot more practical, it will suit both work and casual, and I won't be worried about damaging it (so much!). Also, it's a bit of a step up from my hand winding Longines which I will just reserve for more of a dress watch. I have found a second hand BC3 for £345 which has been serviced and has a 3 month warranty. What does everyone think of the BC3 as the next addition to my collection and the price? Is it a good deal? Also if anyone can think of a more suitable alternative purchase for sub 400 please fire away. Thanks in advance! Hope you don't get too bored reading this!

something like a steinhart will fit your budget

Lovely watch, i have the advanced day/date in black DLC

I am contemplating selling it but i cant fault it in any way

Craftsman
    I am a big fan, partic in stealth mode as
    Something very simple about the design and I can't think of much more bang for your buck.

I think your choice is an excellent one. IMHO, the BC3 in any of its several variations ranks among the best watches Oris has ever offered. I used to own this long discontinued BC3 Diver and deeply regret selling it.

Journeyman
    Lovely watches

Blog Entries
    Not seen here before. Nice watches guys.

Apprentice
    Thanks for your opinions guys. Wasn't aware they made a diving version of the BC3. Really like that....damn I thought I was pretty sure on the standard version. Now I've seen that I'm not sure. Hmm..

I love Oris watches and all my collection are divers - except one - my BC3 which I simply adore.

I recently tried trading a hamilton pan europ with a guy for an Oris aquis small seconds that I saw and fell in love with, all to no avail as he wanted an unworn one, good luck with that. The search continues, just without the pan as a fortis b42 has replaced it

Apprentice
    Right...think i'm going to do it. Thanks for everyone's help in making up my mind. Although I really like the diving version not sure if I will be able to find one for my budget. Think i may save that or another diver for a future purchase. Just one quick question before I do agree to the purchase. I was just checking the photos of the watch and I noticed that the rotor wasn't red? I thought all Oris 635's had red rotors or am i mistaken? Heres the link

http://www.swisshwatches.com/shop/45...500%29/6841126

Cheers again

Only thing i would say is the watch is 11yrs old and claims untested WR (although recently serviced)

If you are stuck on the BC3 For not much extra you could pick up a relatively new advanced model (100m WR. Screw down crown etc) fully warrantied etc on SC

Or a huge amount of other watches, personally i would save some money and get an everest from Eddie

Just my opinion, if you are happy go for it

Apprentice
    Right. Had a little think and decided against it. Wasn't 100% happy. Still very much like the BC3 but maybe I'll go for an advanced instead or maybe even the diver to give me better WR. Going to buy a cheapish diver for now and save up a bit more cash to give me a few more options anyway. Hopefully by then I'll have enough posts to get something on SC! Anyway I'll let you know what I get. Thanks for everyone's help.

Apprentice

Newbie to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by rhankins View Post
    Right. Had a little think and decided against it. Wasn't 100% happy. Still very much like the BC3 but maybe I'll go for an advanced instead or maybe even the diver to give me better WR. Going to buy a cheapish diver for now and save up a bit more cash to give me a few more options anyway. Hopefully by then I'll have enough posts to get something on SC! Anyway I'll let you know what I get. Thanks for everyone's help.
    Hi there and just dipping my toe in to say nice graphite Oris, been looking at the Oris diver range for a while but keep purchasing Christoper Wards or Tag Heuers