Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to all this having purchased my first, what I would call, real watch last year. A military Longines from the 30's. I absolutely love it. However, it's not particularly versatile and I find myself being overly careful with it for fear of breaking it. For example if it's raining I'll leave it at home and I always take it off when washing my hands etc. I seem to mainly wear it when I got out these days. So, in part due to considerations above and also that I have definitely got the watch buying 'bug' I have decided to buy another and I think the BC3 (non-advanced) is the way forward. I think it's a very versatile watch. I like the dial alot. Simple yet elegant. It has a eta 2836 movement (day and date). Sapphire crystal. It's 40mm which I think is about the right size for me. Plus it's water resistant to 50m. So overall I think it will be a lot more practical, it will suit both work and casual, and I won't be worried about damaging it (so much!). Also, it's a bit of a step up from my hand winding Longines which I will just reserve for more of a dress watch. I have found a second hand BC3 for £345 which has been serviced and has a 3 month warranty. What does everyone think of the BC3 as the next addition to my collection and the price? Is it a good deal? Also if anyone can think of a more suitable alternative purchase for sub 400 please fire away. Thanks in advance! Hope you don't get too bored reading this!