closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: thoughts on having both 116600 SDc4000 and 114060 SubNDc

Blog Entries

thoughts on having both 116600 SDc4000 and 114060 SubNDc

I'm in the lucky place of having both of these watches. But since acquiring the SD4000 the sub NDc has been relegated to the watch box. I do wonder if it has become superfluous? I already have my Omega 300m no-date, purchased earlier this year as an alternative to the SubNDc. Both are very similar looking being the modern maxi-dial and modern movements with parachrome hairspring.

On the other hand the rolex ND is a rock solid watch and runs to the second every day (as does the 3135 powered SD4000).

The WIS in me says sell, but my head says keep the ND Sub 114060.

To be honest, I'd have thought the head would be saying sell the Sub. The funds could get something that would be much more interestingly paired with the SD.

Other than collecting for collecting's sake, I can never understand having such similar watches. I try to imagine when I could get up in the morning and think "you know, I really don't feel in the mood for wearing the SD today, but a Sub...yeah, that hit's the spot" and just can't.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    To be honest, I'd have thought the head would be saying sell the Sub. The funds could get something that would be much more interestingly paired with the SD.

Other than collecting for collecting's sake, I can never understand having such similar watches. I try to imagine when I could get up in the morning and think "you know, I really don't feel in the mood for wearing the SD today, but a Sub...yeah, that hit's the spot" and just can't.
    When you think about, in this instance, it you really cant argue with that.

Banned
    Switch the Sub out for a Hulk. Job done.

thoughts on having both 116600 SDc4000 and 114060 SubNDc

I completely disagree. I have a 16600 Seadweller and a 16710 GMT and enjoy wearing them both at different times. They are similar but different enough to warrant keeping both.

IMHO the same would apply to the 116600 and the 114060.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 12th February 2015 at 14:09.

Master
    I'd be looking to swap the Sub for something a little different to give more variety to the watch box.

114060 looks great on a TF nato, that would then give you some diversity over the SDc

Craftsman
    Put the sub of SC and book yourself a nice holiday!

They are too similar to have both... too much alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    A very good suggestion. The green of the dial elevates it above any other Rolex IMHO. Still blown away by mine.

Craftsman
    I also think swap the 114060 for a Hulk or even a Batman, either would add some colour and variety. I certainly couldn't justify keeping both! If one had to go imo it would have to be the 114060 although it is a tremendous watch I feel the 116600 is the best sports watch available. Only my opinion of course!

Craftsman
    Love my newly acquired Hulk and it is a hard decision between that and the DSSD what to wear .
    the hulk just looks so different to any other watch I have owned .
    love it .

Master
    This dilemma has existed for the many years that the various models of SD and Sub have been around and plenty owners have kept and wear both. Its only marginal madness anyway, real problems come into play when you get to the stage of deciding which particular variant of 5513 to wear !!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I completely disagree. I have a 16600 Seadweller and a 16710 GMT and enjoy wearing them both at different times. They are similar but different enough to warrant keeping both.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    Concur.

Master
    Blog Entries
    To be honest, as soon as I saw your photo of them together, I wondered how long it would take for you to ponder this.
    I've never owned a ND Sud but they are so similar in look, I would imagine it will spend too much time languishing in the box. I'd get rid and get something different.

Master
    Personally would definitely sell the sub. Just wouldn't get my money's worth if I had both. If it were me and I still wanted a diver I would get a colourful IWC aquatimer to complement the rolex and omega.

What a problem to have!

Master
    Swap the sub for a 216570.....polar

At least they are different, I find myself in the crazy situation of owning two 14060m,s what was I thinking?

If you are not wearing the Sub and there is something else you want, sell the Sub. For me they are different enough to keep both.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    If you are not wearing the Sub and there is something else you want, sell the Sub. For me they are different enough to keep both.
    Sell the one you dont wear as much

Id keep the no date. But its not my choice. Dont really get the point of a box full of unworn watches.

Master
    I have an SDc and a Sub 5513, the latter worn on natos. They are different enough to me especially due to different cases and straps. I did have a Hulk alongside these two and found three Rolex divers was too many. Only the niche nature of the Hulk made it lose the fight to stay. For me your watches are too similar, so I'd swap one out for a classic cased diver or a more colourful Rolex sports, eg GMT BLNR or Polar Explorer II.

Ant

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sell the ND, buy a black bay on the leather job done

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post

I wake up most days and wear cheaper watches because they do hit the spot, for that day.

Being sensible - I say sell the Sub and pay some off the mortgage. Being me, I'd probably buy the SubC LV, as I bought one last week . I still haven't tried the new SDc for more than 10 mins yet though.
    It's just a matter of time...