closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Better springbars?!

Craftsman

Better springbars?!

I've just bought a steinhart with drilled lugs (22mm), and would like to replace the standard springbars for something a little bit better than the standard ones it comes with... Could anyone advise as to the largest / best I could buy?

I had a 16570 some time ago, and the bars on it were 100x better than anything I've seen before! Does anyone know of anywhere that sells decent bars that would fit the steinhart?

When I look at https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/0...g-bars-by-size < is 1.80mm the width of the bar in the center? Are the 'pins' the same size across all springbars?

Is this what I'm looking for?
    https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/fe...mm-to-24mm-iso (in 22mm)

Thankyou! :)
    Last edited by paulyg; 9th February 2015 at 19:47.

Craftsman
    No one ever bought better springbars?

Grand Master
    I use the ones Cousins supply, and I`ve found them to be good quality. Check the size you need using a mic or a dial caliper, and provided the dimensions are OK I suggest you order some. If you let me know what size you need I may have some in stock, I keep most popular sizes.

Paul

Craftsman
    I managed to find some on eBay eventually, alas they arrived and the ends were too big, but had they fitted - they'd had been perfect!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220839867924

I'm going to try a shop near me and see if they sell them... Otherwise I think it's going to be trial and error keep buying online. I don't have anything to measure the exact size I need

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I use the ones Cousins supply, and I`ve found them to be good quality. Check the size you need using a mic or a dial caliper, and provided the dimensions are OK I suggest you order some. If you let me know what size you need I may have some in stock, I keep most popular sizes.

Paul

I remember asking a similar question - search for my thread titled Sinn U1 titanium springbars. I followed the link someone suggested and the ones that arrived were perfect - stainless steel but the perfect length, standard sized tips and reassuringly fat - but not too fat to fit most straps if that makes sense! Both ends push in too but there is no flange.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I remember asking a similar question - search for my thread titled Sinn U1 titanium springbars. I followed the link someone suggested and the ones that arrived were perfect - stainless steel but the perfect length, standard sized tips and reassuringly fat - but not too fat to fit most straps if that makes sense! Both ends push in too but there is no flange.
    Found the link, ta... I've ordered another batch from twente(o) on eBay with thinner ends now - hopefully these are the right ones!

Craftsman
    Just updating this thread in-case anyone is interested and / or is looking for answers in the future.

The PERFECT springbars for my drilled lug Steinhart are;
    22mm x 2.00mm SHOULDERLESS 1.0mm THICK ENDS 2.8mm EXTENSIONS

Got mine from eBay user twente(o) (australia), SUCH a huge improvement to the ones they come supplied with!