closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear WTF

Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    Why don't you set one up and see how you go?
    There already are several.

However, the right minded people who think violence in the workplace is unacceptable are probably waiting the results of any investigation before deciding their opinions.

Unlike the knuckle draggers who want to see their favourite show on TV regardless of how it was made.

Clarkson defenders, just how many punches in the face would Jeremy have to deliver to his subordinates before you thought he'd gone too far?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post

Clarkson defenders, just how many punches in the face would Jeremy have to deliver to his subordinates before you thought he'd gone too far?
    Oh please. If there was going to be a punch up Clarkson would have been the underdog by a long way. He's a fat old man and he got into a fracas with a younger fitter looking guy.
    If this had happened on a rugby field it would have been 10 minutes in the sin bin and then forgotten about. Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill is it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Oh please. If there was going to be a punch up Clarkson would have been the underdog by a long way. He's a fat old man and he got into a fracas with a younger fitter looking guy.
    If this had happened on a rugby field it would have been 10 minutes in the sin bin and then forgotten about. Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill is it.

Plonkers for Clarkson. Yes that has a ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    I believe shows like TG are created by staff of hundreds of people.
    Yes, but it was Clarkson who pitched to the BBC for the current format of Top Gear, Clarkson who owned half of the production company who produced it, and Clarkson whose personality the whole show was based around.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Do the right-wingers believe that Sky is the perfect broadcaster? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't have ANY motoring programmes, successful or otherwise, do they?
    How does that differ from the BBC, then?

But is didn't happen on a rugby field. It happened at work. If I punched someone in the office tomorrow I'd be suspended instantly.

If you were punched by your boss how would you expect the company to react? How are the victim's lawyers going to act if Jeremy is kept on?

The BBC has to suspend him pending an investigation and has to fire him if he's found to have struck a subordinate. That's simply how big companies work.

Master
    But is didn't happen on a rugby field. It happened at work. If I punched someone in the office tomorrow I'd be suspended instantly.

If you were punched by your boss how would you expect the company to react? How are the victim's lawyers going to act if Jeremy is kept on?

The BBC has to suspend him pending an investigation and has to fire him if he's found to have struck a subordinate. That's simply how big companies work.
    Maybe I'm from a bygone era, but if I got into an argument at work and it was my fault for having not done something I should have or done something I shouldn't have and a fight ensued, I certainly wouldn't want the guy who clipped me to lose his job. A warning, suspension, fine, but certainly not sacked. I'm not saying this makes me right, but it is who I am.

Maybe I'm from a bygone era, but if I got into an argument at work and it was my fault for having not done something I should have or done something I shouldn't have and a fight ensued, I certainly wouldn't want the guy who clipped me to lose his job. A warning, suspension, fine, but certainly not sacked. I'm not saying this makes me right, but it is who I am.
    That makes sense, but does that scenario match up to what happened or is that just a possible scenario?

I want to see the next 3 episodes of TG. They must have loads of expensively filmed footage going to waste, just leave Clarkson out of the studio bits, whilst the facts are determined and appropriate action taken, whatever appropriate is for the situation...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post

Anyone remember that Jason guy from the first relaunch of TG? Soon replaced by May as he didn't quite fit and the sparking off from each other began....That's what it would be like again without the Orangutang...
    Jason Dawe. He's probably a decent fellow off screen but by God he was a bore in that first series. It was like having a black hole on set, such was the lack of atmosphere.

They've found his replacement!

General knowledge question: What is the name of the mascot dog in 633 Squadron?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Christ - we wouldnt have any armed forces if everybody got sacked for a little fisty cuffs!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    General knowledge question: What is the name of the mascot dog in 633 Squadron?
    617 Sqdn surely?

I'm sure I read that he didn't punch the chap but slapped him. Not that will make any difference he still hit him.

Blog Entries
    I do not watch Top Gear that often but find it fairly enjoyable when I do. Whilst I do not condone what Clarkson is alleged to have done, what I do NOT want is Clarkson removed to suit the vitriolic mindset and agenda of some over-promoted lefty clown in the shambolic BBC senior management nest of limp-wristed vipers!
    Last edited by KavKav; 12th March 2015 at 08:47.

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Christ - we wouldnt have any armed forces if everybody got sacked for a little fisty cuffs!
    Try punching a superior officer in the services and see how you get on .... or someone of inferior rank come to that...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If the enquiry points out that he slapped the worker, there is no other option than firing him.

If not, it would be a public statement that it is ok to slap subordinates.

Far worse still, also a sign to subordinates that they can only get their own back in a dark corner where there is no camera. THAT would be 'fun' for the established order.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMP0T1 View Post
    cant the BBC just fine him a considerable amount of money then everyone is happy:
    That would illustrate that justice has two sets of rules.
    We all know it does but is it clever to broadcast it this way?

What amazes me most is that Joe Public seems to back this prat.
    No wonder democracy is the best system to get support for anything.

Blog Entries
    Let's just say it's sad that there's apperantly another set of rules for a well known idiot presenting a comedy car show. If you give people like Clarkson to much room, they think they rule the world and can get away with anything.

Living in a country famous for exporting shite tv shows around the world and Dutch telly at an all time low, quality wise, I can only envy the UK having it's BBC.

They can't do good in this situation, doing nothing will anger a lot of people, saying it's swept under the carpet again, and giving the Australopiticus the sack will anger the hardliners supporting Clarkson whatever he does (probably getting away with murder), and all for a stupid car show.

FFS, grow up.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    and Dutch telly at an all time low, quality wise, I can only envy the UK having it's BBC.
    There is always worse Richard. You have NO idea about the depth television can sink to unless you have seen Spanish prime time airings.
    Over here: A moronic women 'talking' (read yelling) like a 'kijvend viswijf' who as a young teenager got herself pregnant by a bullfighter and that is her only claim to anything. Since then her outragious behavior has seen her become a gossip and reality tv celebrity earning more than the president...

Back on topic, TG and reruns are aired here but between Spanish home grown and that, I prefer it off. My 13 y.o. son has no time for TG either.
    The resident female appreciates some of the comedy acts though and as she is totally NOT interested in cars and some 15 years ago used to watch soap that is telling imo.

Let's just say it's sad that there's apperantly another set of rules for a well known idiot presenting a comedy car show.
    I don't know. Nobody was calling for John Prescott's head when he flung a punch at the electorate, and when Sir Alex threw a boot at Beckham's head in the dressing room it was Beckham that ended up walking.

James May was apparently blind drunk at the time of this incident so presumably they were out of normal working hours and practices.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I don't know. Nobody was calling for John Prescott's head when he flung a punch at the electorate, and when Sir Alex threw a boot at Beckham's head in the dressing room it was Beckham that ended up walking.

James May was apparently blind drunk at the time of this incident so presumably they were out of normal working hours and practices.
    Point taken Chris,

I'm writing this assuming he's guilty of giving someone a punch, and I believe it's still all allegedly.

Didn't somebody throw an egg in Prescott's face before he lashed out? :)

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Anyway, it seems to have done no harm to Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross in the long term. And I loathe Brand, but have no problem with him being on the TV. I just don't watch him.

All this faux outrage at a idiot cartoon character is tiresome. Let's just get the show back on so that those of who enjoy it can watch it. And those that don't can watch something else or go for a walk etcetera.

As for the knuckle dragging, right wing comments, well let's just say I've yet stoop to your level by being personal. So please do the same. This is George & Dragon not the BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Over here: A moronic women 'talking' (read yelling) like a 'kijvend viswijf' who as a young teenager got herself pregnant by a bullfighter and that is her only claim to anything. Since then her outragious behavior has seen her become a gossip and reality tv celebrity earning more than the president...
    Sounds like a Spanish Katie Price, Jodie Marsh etc!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Point taken Chris,

I'm writing this assuming he's guilty of giving someone a punch, and I believe it's still all allegedly.

Didn't somebody throw an egg in Prescott's face before he lashed out? :)

Daddel.

Yes but this idiot forgot JCs lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Yes but this idiot forgot JCs lunch.
    There's little doubt that he'd have survived without a few lunches...

M.

Absolutely and as Ray would say, with a good pair of boots you're never more than a day's walk from a pie shop.

But is didn't happen on a rugby field. It happened at work. .
    Professional Rugby Players are "at work", ditto footballers and jockey's (who also love a good dust up).

Just saying.

But I think people should wait until we have all the facts before deciding what punishment should be meted out (if any).

Does anyone know whether it was reported to the police given that an ABH was reportedly committed.

Personally I think Clarkson should apologize to the bloke and the bloke should accept it or press charges - job done!!

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I think the producer got off lightly.
    If anyone had forgotten my operatives food after the end of a long shift, they'd have eaten him!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    I think the producer got off lightly.
    If anyone had forgotten my operatives food after the end of a long shift, they'd have eaten him!
    He didn't forget. Clarkson wanted something else and the kitchen was closed.

Apparently the producer was just an assistant.

These ass prods are only half a step up from a runner and aren't in charge of delivering anything, never mind be expected to produce a steak dinner from a closed kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Anyone with an Xbox might get this...

Hammond looks hilarious!

Brilliant

How about this for a presenter line up.

Vick Butler Henderson, Chris Evans, and Guy Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
    How about this for a presenter line up.

Vick Butler Henderson, Chris Evans, and Guy Martin.
    Depends what you're looking for from TG. As a comparison watch Ep2 of the new series of Fifth Gear on the Geographic channel tonight at 9pm. It's about cars and has none of the irreverence that has made TG so entertaining on a worldwide scale. And it has adverts so you'd need to remember to record it. TG is a full hour long. Take fifteen minutes off for ads and credits and there isn't much left.
    Fifth Gear has featured some very nice cars over the years but I never watch repeats, as I do TG sometimes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post
    Hammonds idea of putting on last of the summer wine on as that'll be " job done as no one will tell the difference"!
    LOL, very good

My prediction: formal warning, fine, public apology from Clarkson, self-reflective piece in his column saying he's an idiot and violence is never appropriate and it will all be back on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    My prediction: formal warning, fine, public apology from Clarkson, self-reflective piece in his column saying he's an idiot and violence is never appropriate and it will all be back on.
    That might be the most sensible way forward all round.

Master
    Agreed. I think it will go that way too. Too much money for the BBC to lose if they sack him.

Popbitch are reporting him as being pissed, and saying "where's my hot food, you lazy f**king Irish c**t?" before the fracas.

He's a model employee for any organization.

It occurs to me that he might have reasons for wanting to be fired... perhaps a contractual obligation not to work on a similar show for a period if he resigns or his contracts otherwise lapses?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    It occurs to me that he might have reasons for wanting to be fired... perhaps a contractual obligation not to work on a similar show for a period if he resigns or his contracts otherwise lapses?
    Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    Popbitch are reporting him as being pissed, and saying "where's my hot food, you lazy f**king Irish c**t?" before the fracas.

He is self employed contractor - so not a employee of the BBC.

But it does not make it right I agree.

But it is rather amusing.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post

JC has sued them before for reporting gossip as fact hasn't he?

sorry if it had been said before (but didnt have time to go through 9 pages of this) :

this is purely a publicity stunt by the beeb, topgear numbers are low ---- simples

Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib View Post
    sorry if it had been said before (but didnt have time to go through 9 pages of this) :

this is purely a publicity stunt by the beeb, topgear numbers are low ---- simples
    Great publicity, but if that was their aim why pull the show?

Have you seen the viewing figures, it's doing pretty well.

http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-new/weekly-top-30

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    JC has sued them before for reporting gossip as fact hasn't he?
    It can't have been with regard to his alleged adultery, because they're casting that up again today, too.

The difference between a slap and punch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsLSLMIX3P0

Friedrich Nietzsche

I hope that is how it goes but i also want them to air the last Top Gears (even if they are as part of a different series) as i just found out today that the one at Japfest last year (the one i have been waiting to see for almost a year) was due to be aired this sunday ... gutted -_-

Master
    And presumably a small portion of JC's wealth moving to said under producer.

Craftsman
    He was a bit of an oaf but I miss him already

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    The difference between a slap and punch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsLSLMIX3P0

Mmmmm Atkinson in stead of JC. Surely, Rowan can carry the show on his own.

Menno