Page 83 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,150 of 7071

Thread: Show your G-Shocks

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Snap!

That’s a stunner!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Just cut the grass
    Would love to see more of that watch (and less grass!) please.

Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    Here it is..... Now the question is do I keep adding Froggies or keep this and take to other Gs e.g GWN-1000

Congrats Very nice. Still remember when I got this model early summer 2016 ... back to your question. I would be trying to get some variety and different models first. It's more fun. You can always add more Froggy's (later) if you like. GWN is something different ( feel, size, weight, shape .. ) but definitely worthwhile! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Week start

I always preferred the layout and module of the 6600 to the 6900 as the time seemed squashed into the bottom third of the dial on the latter.

So when I saw this throw-back model on line last week it was too good to miss. I like the grey, it’s a nice change from black and I like the navy blue colouring to the underside of the strap too.

All-in-all it’s very nice I think.

how to capture screen

Bought this today, £50 well spent.

Master
    When I picked this up from charging on the window sill it said 50.5 degrees C!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsea_dweller View Post
    Congrats Very nice. Still remember when I got this model early summer 2016 ... back to your question. I would be trying to get some variety and different models first. It's more fun. You can always add more Froggy's (later) if you like. GWN is something different ( feel, size, weight, shape .. ) but definitely worthwhile! Good luck

Wise words. Just what I'll do.....

Took the GX 56 snorkeling today , was interesting to hear the beep of the time signal underwater while surface diving .
    Made me wonder how far the sound carried .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Bought this today, £50 well spent.

SNAP! Exactly the same price too, although I've removed the white paint form the case lettering for a bit more of a stealth-look. Everybody raves about the GW-5000 being so much more comfortable but I'm finding this surprisingly light and comfy in it's own right.

Gulfmaster today

Early start with the Mudmaster

I am beginning to think that along with my Explorer the GW5000 is my exit watch. In fact if I had to have only one I am pretty sure it would be one of these. In fact I rarely wear the Explorer these days.

The clear jelly is great to wear and I alternate it with the black rubber one. I was pleased to be able to pick up a spare clear bezel and strap so can keep this variant in use for some time. As for the black rubber - I am pretty much 'future proof' as I have enough spares to outlast me. I have some spare bezel screws but think I will get a few more just in case.

I’m curious - I’ve got a few dw5600’s and they are all really comfy to wear. They must be sized differently to the gwm5610 as I have to wear that version on the last hole in the bracelet and the keeper doesn’t hold the strap in place. I assume the 5000 would fit like the 5610? I have a frogman but have never owned a screwback 5600 variant - but not worth trying if they’ll be too small to fit my wrist?

The 5000 wears slightly differently to a 5610 due to the extra weight of the steel case and the screw back which makes the case ever so slightly taller.

I didn't like it at first - now I prefer it to the extent that when I wore a 5610 for a day recently it just didn't feel right at all.

Master
    The shape of the 5610 is also slightly different to the DW-5600 and GW-5000 (the 5610 is more rectangular). Even though it was a minuscule difference I found the 5610 looked very different (and arguably sat on my wrist differently) and I don't like it as much.

Good point

Yes, slightly different shape which is why the bezels aren't interchangeable - mainly due to the spacing of the pushers, the 5000's being closer together

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I am beginning to think that along with my Explorer the GW5000 is my exit watch.

My GW5000 is backup for when things are 'too rough' for my Explorer. Trouble is, since I got the Explorer closing on two years ago, I haven't done anything rough enough to warrant not wearing it! Anyway, it's nice to know the GW5000 is there, and these are a top combo.

My girlfriends Madness

Anyone else on here using the connected app? How are you finding it?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Put the resin combi bracelet on last night. An absolute nightmare install but worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fitting the bracelet ^^
    My tip is a little squidge of washing up liquid to help with location of the springbar tips into the lugholes.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I went with brute force while swearing and broke the tip of the springbar tool
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Fitting the bracelet ^^
    My tip is a little squidge of washing up liquid to help with location of the springbar tips into the lugholes.

I'm gonna need a bigger box

All slots in the 35th anniversary metal series now full.

Here are a few wrists shots that show a little more detail:

No safe queens here, all stickers removed, bracelets sized - although the watches will be well looked after.

That's a nice box of G's you have there Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    That's a nice box of G's you have there Ken.
    Thanks Mark, lets hope Casio don't release those two matt steel watches in November (Gold and Black) with the reverse displays that were mock ups by Timeless. I eventually found an article on them.

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-gm...gmw-b5000gd-9/

You seem to have your finger on the pulse of new releases, if you hear anything, do share

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Thanks Mark, lets hope Casio don't release those two matt steel watches in November (Gold and Black) with the reverse displays that were mock ups by Timeless. I eventually found an article on them.

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-gm...gmw-b5000gd-9/

You seem to have your finger on the pulse of new releases, if you hear anything, do share
    I am hoping they do the matt black with positive display at some point in the future.(At a price lower than the DLC or whatever it was coated in...black gold looking at the prices)

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I am hoping they do the matt black with positive display at some point in the future.(At a price lower than the DLC or whatever it was coated in...black gold looking at the prices)
    I am not so sure they will. The images that Timeless put out were proved to be mock ups and not from Casio. I think something similar with the same 3459 module as the other metals will come out later this year, but I think any Black version will be reverse display given that the Porter covers the Black positive.

Gravitymaster on Friday .. EPL kicking off today ⚽️⚽️Finally

Going to try the washing up liquid this time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Going to try the washing up liquid this time.

I never had a problem with putting the combi bracelet on either a 5600 or the GW5000.

When i ordered the bracelet from Tik Tox they sent what i think are slightly slimmer spring bars which made the job easy.

If you use the original they are bloody hard work if not nearly impossible to fit.

doing some office work and noticed a FB feed from casio to say the CASIO G shock GMW-B5000-1JF had launched online and in carnaby street now, like 5 mins after they posted. with in the last hour

Website quickly crashed but I seem to have been lucky and got one incoming. So heads up be quick if you want one.

I missed out on getting one before, but wanted a negative display and resin strap so happy days

New incoming today, the GW-S5600 with the carbon fibre strap and titanium caseback. The bezel is jelly like, which gives the whole Watch a real blingy feel. The strap is absolutely stunning and the whole thing weighs just 45 grams, so you barely feel like you are wearing it.

Formula 1 technology for your wrist. It has the 3159 module so is tough solar, atomically linked and has the auto light for evenings - a must for any collection.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    doing some office work and noticed a FB feed from casio to say the CASIO G shock GMW-B5000-1JF had launched online and in carnaby street now, like 5 mins after they posted. with in the last hour

Website quickly crashed but I seem to have been lucky and got one incoming. So heads up be quick if you want one.

I missed out on getting one before, but wanted a negative display and resin strap so happy days
    Well done. The website has well and truely collapsed. What else did they have or was that it. The silver with the resin strap is superb, I have been wearing mine most of this week. I struggle to understand why so many have been flipped on SC in recent weeks. It is a Watch with real presence and the negative display is fantastic in nice weather.

Well done. The website has well and truely collapsed. What else did they have or was that it. The silver with the resin strap is superb, I have been wearing mine most of this week. I struggle to understand why so many have been flipped on SC in recent weeks. It is a Watch with real presence and the negative display is fantastic in nice weather.
    Cheers, not sure what else they had, I just logged in and grabbed one. Both my sons are G Shock collectors, so they were pleased we managed to get one. I think they are still available on line.

My youngest son is going though all my and his brother’s G Shocks deciding what to wear.

He is only 14 but he wears my men in Matt black gulfman everyday. His brother who is 18 recently borrowed a nice watch, went skate boarding fell off and Customized it with deep scratches, he fairly injured himself in the process to be fair I was more bothered about him than the watch.

New incoming today, the GW-S5600 with the carbon fibre strap and titanium caseback. The bezel is jelly like, which gives the whole Watch a real blingy feel. The strap is absolutely stunning and the whole thing weighs just 45 grams, so you barely feel like you are wearing it.

Formula 1 technology for your wrist. It has the 3159 module so is tough solar, atomically linked and has the auto light for evenings - a must for any collection.

Wow that was quick !

i had a look on the gshock site did not see the metal/resin at all - its a very poor site which could do with some rework.
    On the instagram page they were saying in store only - do wish they would make up their mind..

cheers

matt

Ok the resin/metal is still a available on the gshock uk site if anyone is after one.

I do think my fave is the kolor variant - really liked that - shame it was quite a expensive edition !

cheers

matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Wow that was quick !

i had a look on the gshock site did not see the metal/resin at all - its a very poor site which could do with some rework.
    On the instagram page they were saying in store only - do wish they would make up their mind..

cheers

matt
    I went on the site before and managed to put one in the basket, but the system wouldn't let you pay for it. I went in once and entered PayPal details then did it again with a debit card and nothing. You just get those three squares flashing. I was buying one as a spare or to bung on e-bay but gave up after 3 or 4 attempts.

On the carbon fiber Matt, my man on e-bay knocked some money off his and said if you buy it now he could post it within the hour - it arrived this morning. The strap is absolutely superb.

On the carbon fiber Matt, my man on e-bay knocked some money off his and said if you buy it now he could post it within the hour - it arrived this morning. The strap is absolutely superb.
    Its a lovely thing

I was very disappointed with the strap length which is why I moved mine on. Too long for me and I couldn't cope with the end bit sticking up. If only they made it the same length as the standard ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Its a lovely thing

I was very disappointed with the strap length which is why I moved mine on. Too long for me and I couldn't cope with the end bit sticking up. If only they made it the same length as the standard ones.
    I agree Ian, the strap is long. I found when I put the strap retainer in the usual position (in the middle) the end did indeed stick out, but I found if you move the retainer right to the end the Watch wears a lot better. It works for me anyway and with it being a nice fat retainer it doesn't tend to move around.

Tried that - but there was too much strap sticking up to live with!

Great weekend gents ⚽️

Big Bang Black

Another incoming. I was aware of this watch, but wasn't actively after one until Matt put his on SC. It had to be done. Must have a break now and not buy any more for a while.

A watch that is the complete opposite of the blingy full metal watches, but it works well. The strap is extremely comfortable and the reverse display is surprisingly clear and a little flash of Red is always welcome.

Another incoming. I was aware of this watch, but wasn't actively after one until Matt put his on SC. It had to be done. Must have a break now and not buy any more for a while.

A watch that is the complete opposite of the blingy full metal watches, but it works well. The strap is extremely comfortable and the reverse display is surprisingly clear and a little flash of Red is always welcome.
    Looks good. I think reverse display is my next stop.

Rangeman today.

Working hard on a Saturday morning

Have a great Sunday gents