closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 142 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your G-Shocks

Quote Originally Posted by Muska View Post
    Very nice! :)

It would be great to see a few more Frogman wrist shots.
    Thanks. Here is a couple from yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrennie44 View Post
    Just received the new Band/Bezel set for my Frogman!

From this....

To this....

And into this....

Terrific Chris. Great mod, great shots :-) Enjoy

Journeyman
    Last edited by DomA; 16th April 2015 at 16:04.

Friday Frogman GWF 1000BP

This arrived today....

....the DW-290. Not technically a G-Shock but I'm sure you'll let me off for such a piece of Mission Impossible fabulousness.

I love it!!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    ....the DW-290. Not technically a G-Shock but I'm sure you'll let me off for such a piece of Mission Impossible fabulousness.

I love it!!!!

Nice Dave I bought one a few months ago as I really liked the MI connection and although not officially a Gshock it's a pretty cool watch at a bargain price.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's not a g shock guys. Get out! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jrpippen View Post
    It's not a g shock guys. Get out! ;-)
    Ah, come on! Let me in.

Anyone got a MRG-G1000D? Recent MTG was too big for me but this looks like it could be right...

Show your G-Shocks

Forgot to fit the little bars under the bezel when I changed them over.

Now rectified!

About as simple a GShock as it gets. Can't seem to break it although I've tried hard ...

Craftsman

Just ordered one of these from Seiya after trying one on at the weekend. Now the long wait!

Here's my G-Shock along with it's great grandaddy.

Tuesday Ranger

Craftsman
    ^^
    That is my fav Rangeman by far.

My Seiya order came in, another happy customer! The Rescue Orange is not quite as vibrant as this image suggests, it came from a Samsung phone so perhaps that's why it looks saturated.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Anyone got a MRG-G1000D? Recent MTG was too big for me but this looks like it could be right...
    Really like the look of this (and I am not a G shock fan usually) but went online, and even this one is 50mm and 17mm thick! Why are they all so blinking mahoosive?

Thanks Muska :-)

GWF 1000RD-4

Long weekend ahead :-)

Great weekend gents

Blog Entries
    Too much...?

Ive to it set to Barcelona time now as I couldn't work out how to change the time by one hour!!! (I didn't try very hard!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Too much...?

Ive to it set to Barcelona time now as I couldn't work out how to change the time by one hour!!! (I didn't try very hard!!!)

Aaagghh! Set the home city to London, do a manual synch (or just leave it to synch over night) or the space time continuum will split- noooooooo.......

My GW-3000-BD arrived yesterday. Playing with it has been surprisingly fun. I wasn't able to get the atomic synch manually, but the auto synch had worked at night. That was a relief, as I'm just out of the official range of the German station.

There is one annoying problem though. The minute hand is 20 seconds out of synch. I can adjust it manually so it's close enough, but the watch performs an automatic hand synch every hour and after it it's again 20 sec out. Any ideas how to rectify this?

A couple of pics I snapped today at the office:

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    My GW-3000-BD arrived yesterday. Playing with it has been surprisingly fun. I wasn't able to get the atomic synch manually, but the auto synch had worked at night. That was a relief, as I'm just out of the official range of the German station.

There is one annoying problem though. The minute hand is 20 seconds out of synch. I can adjust it manually so it's close enough, but the watch performs an automatic hand synch every hour and after it it's again 20 sec out. Any ideas how to rectify this?

A couple of pics I snapped today at the office:

I have a gw3500 (same case but ana/digi) and the minute hand on mine is 10 secs out (the minute hand moves in increments of 10 seconds). I've tried everything and as you say even if you manually reset the hands after an hour or so the 'tough movement' puts them back into the original (wrong) position. First Casio I've had with any sort of error - tbh I just live with it as it isn't noticeable in real life - and apparently most breitlings with a similar movement only move the minute hand every 30 seconds! It is odd you can't (permanently) correct the deviation, let me know if you figure it out?!

GWFT 1030A Frogman

Great Friday gents

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I have a gw3500 (same case but ana/digi) and the minute hand on mine is 10 secs out (the minute hand moves in increments of 10 seconds). I've tried everything and as you say even if you manually reset the hands after an hour or so the 'tough movement' puts them back into the original (wrong) position. First Casio I've had with any sort of error - tbh I just live with it as it isn't noticeable in real life - and apparently most breitlings with a similar movement only move the minute hand every 30 seconds! It is odd you can't (permanently) correct the deviation, let me know if you figure it out?!
    Thanks. I was afraid it might be like this. Seems really stupid that the manual calibration doesn't change the reference for automatic calibration. The whole function is completely useless like this. Still, all in all a pretty nice watch for less than £250. I hope it can take the punishment I'm going to give it, as it should be able to.

Show your G-Shocks

Wearing the Frog today.

Last edited by chrisrennie44; 8th May 2015 at 17:44.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like the only thing you can do is physically re-orient the hand! I.e. Take it off and put it back in the correct position.

I too thought that this sort of error was exactly what manual hand position correction was for.

Is there a full reset procedure in the manual?

It might be interesting to see if shorting the AC contact on the back of the module with the positive side of the battery might help. I doubt it, come to think of it.

Thanks Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Sounds like the only thing you can do is physically re-orient the hand! I.e. Take it off and put it back in the correct position.
    I suspect this may be the case. I wonder how difficult it is for a watchmaker to do? Does the Multiband 6 thing cause any additional difficulties? I'm still havin an inner debate whether to be bothered to have a watchmaker look at it.

I too thought that this sort of error was exactly what manual hand position correction was for.
    Yes. Seems a bit daft, doesn't it?

Is there a full reset procedure in the manual?
    No, or at least I haven't been able to locate one.

It might be interesting to see if shorting the AC contact on the back of the module with the positive side of the battery might help. I doubt it, come to think of it.
    That one flew right over my head. Sounds like something that might cause the movement to be damaged beyond repair.
    Last edited by Possu; 10th May 2015 at 06:39. Reason: Missing question mark

Blog Entries
    I suspect this may be the case. I wonder how difficult it is for a watchmaker to do? Does the Multiband 6 thing cause any additional difficulties? I'm still havin an inner debate whether to be bothered to have a watchmaker look at it.
    Unless Casio have chosen to attach the hands by some unusual method, it should be very easy indeed for any watch repairer to do.

The Multiband 6 feature shouldn't make any difference at all.

That one flew right over my head. Sounds like something that might cause the movement to be damaged beyond repair.
    Most Casio modules can be completely reset by briefly electrically connecting (i.e. shorting) a particular contact pad on the back of the module with the positive side of the battery (but see NOTE below). The contact pad is marked "AC".

This procedure is usually mandatory after a battery change but it can also be used to reset modules if there is some kind of problem.

When I do this I use metal tweezers to maker the electrical connection.

NOTE: Although I wrote above that you need to short the AC pad to the positive side of the battery, in some cases it might be the negative side of the battery (reached by the exposed part of the negative battery terminal). Check to see if there is a note in the manual or a label specifying which side of the battery it should be inside the case back or on the battery holder.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 10th May 2015 at 07:55. Reason: Fixed typo

Thanks for clarifying Mark. As the minute hand is also about a width of a small marker off, I believe resetting the hand manually would be the right course of action.

Great shots Deepsea. Love riding the ferry on the lower deck. The smell and rattle of the engine - so much character in a world of sterile transport. And nice Shock of course too.

Show your G-Shocks

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Great shots Deepsea. Love riding the ferry on the lower deck. The smell and rattle of the engine - so much character in a world of sterile transport. And nice Shock of course too.
    Thanks OldHooky :-) :-) Spot on and it's really a must riding the old ferries from time to time. Like the good old days :-)

Great Sunday gents

This looks nice:

Cant see any other info on it.

I found it when I googled "icerc 2015"

Quote Originally Posted by vinstink View Post
    This looks nice:

Cant see any other info on it.

I found it when I googled "icerc 2015"
    I like that. And I "need" a green G. Of to Google I go.

The model is gw-9401kj-3jr. Looks like it's set for release in June.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I like that. And I "need" a green G. Of to Google I go.
    Released in June is all I found.

id love this one