closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 130 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,500 of 7071

Thread: Show your G-Shocks

Master

I don't follow G-shock discounts but I think £510 is a good price for an MT-G?

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...racelet+watch/

Last edited by S.L; 5th November 2020 at 15:09.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsea_dweller View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The more I see this watch, the more I warm to it. Thank god I have no money left in the watch fund!

GMW-B5000 today: negative display, black Ti bezel, black GGB strap.

I seem to have caught it just as “49” changed to “50”... Cool!

Anyone going for the RAF collaberation :

https://jurawatches.us7.list-manage....9&e=a6b9ac823d

Baby's first G-Shock

I've liked the looks of the GA-2100 range ever-since I first saw pics of them, and they fit with the direction my collection has taken towards durable tool watches - adding some attributes it so-far lacks (digital displays, plastic body, multifuntionality), so I decided a while back to give one a whirl. I'm not generally much-taken with the OTT "Pacific Rim" styling of most G-Shocks, so this would be my first toe in the G-Shock waters.

My WTB went nowhere - most people seem to keep these long-term - so I kept an eye on Amazon, where over three days the price veered from £87 to £96 and then £79 - at which point I pressed the button.

Two days later and a minty new watch arrived in just the right amount of packaging. Presentation is prosaic, as it should be at this level, but the watch itself is an eye-opener: the style looks good in pictures, and better in the flesh, but it's the quality of the finer details that really surprised and impressed me - I have a ten year old Waveceptor which is second-rate by comparison, even though it cost more.

I'd managed to forget how deeply unintuitive I find setting these watches in the 10 years since I got the Waveceptor (and always preferred analogue to digital, so have owned few of the latter...), but more by luck than by dint of the awful micro-manual, I got onto the correct time zone. At some point - in a bright light with my strongest specs, I may yet work-out how to get the date right, or even where it is... Never mind. Time-telling is what it's for...

Really enjoying the looks - so many watches are flat as pancakes, designed on 2D surfaces and showing-it - this is almost architectural - the dial and case both full of interesting relief. The quirky day-of-the-week display is very likeable, and the lume on the hands is certainly bright, if not the longest-lived that I've encountered. Overall, I find it a joy to look at, and being the GA-2100-1AER it's super-easy to read, even for a blind old git.

Its faults are minor - the tiny low-contrast LCDs are a bit gash, and a more-resilient sapphire crystal would have been nice, even if it would double the cost. I'd love the indices to be solid lume rather than lacking any - even if, again, it would have pushed the price up and is moot when you have illumination onboard. It would really have been awesome if it had been solar-powered and radio-regulated for ultimate long-term convenience... Opportunity, perhaps, for a more high-end model, then? A shoo-in given how popular this one has proved... Sure, all these features (and more) are available elsewhere in the range, but not with these appealing looks. Not at-all...

Size and wearability is good - it's a G-Shock, so small ain't happening - but it's quite slim, and obviously light as a feather without feeling insubstantial. I'm not wild about the strap - it's adequate and that's it, so I've ordered some JaysAndKays adapters and will then try a variety of straps.

Overall, I'm very glad to have added this to the collection - it's a bargain at full asking, never mind for £79 - and hopefully it's going to be a long-term keeper...

Master
    Good review, thank you. I've also noticed that amazon's pricing pogos around with G-Shocks. I recently picked up a GW-M5610-1BER (RRP £135) at £93 there having watched the price meander daily.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    It would really have been awesome if it had been solar-powered and radio-regulated for ultimate long-term convenience... Opportunity, perhaps, for a more high-end model, then? A shoo-in given how popular this one has proved... Sure, all these features (and more) are available elsewhere in the range, but not with these appealing looks. Not at-all...
    Spot-on, that's exactly what I'd like to see. I like analogue but solar and atomic would make the package ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Spot-on, that's exactly what I'd like to see. I like analogue but solar and atomic would make the package ideal.
    Cheers, you've got to hope that Casio will see how popular this range is, and leverage it - not just with ever-more zany colour schemes, but with some higher-end offerings out of the same stable. Were it me, I'd also trademark "Casioak"...

Meanwhile, I'm already looking longingly at the yellow and green versions...

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Baby's first G-Shock

I've liked the looks of the GA-2100 range ever-since I first saw pics of them, and they fit with the direction my collection has taken towards durable tool watches - adding some attributes it so-far lacks (digital displays, plastic body, multifuntionality), so I decided a while back to give one a whirl. I'm not generally much-taken with the OTT "Pacific Rim" styling of most G-Shocks, so this would be my first toe in the G-Shock waters.

My WTB went nowhere - most people seem to keep these long-term - so I kept an eye on Amazon, where over three days the price veered from £87 to £96 and then £79 - at which point I pressed the button.

Two days later and a minty new watch arrived in just the right amount of packaging. Presentation is prosaic, as it should be at this level, but the watch itself is an eye-opener: the style looks good in pictures, and better in the flesh, but it's the quality of the finer details that really surprised and impressed me - I have a ten year old Waveceptor which is second-rate by comparison, even though it cost more.

I'd managed to forget how deeply unintuitive I find setting these watches in the 10 years since I got the Waveceptor (and always preferred analogue to digital, so have owned few of the latter...), but more by luck than by dint of the awful micro-manual, I got onto the correct time zone. At some point - in a bright light with my strongest specs, I may yet work-out how to get the date right, or even where it is... Never mind. Time-telling is what it's for...

Really enjoying the looks - so many watches are flat as pancakes, designed on 2D surfaces and showing-it - this is almost architectural - the dial and case both full of interesting relief. The quirky day-of-the-week display is very likeable, and the lume on the hands is certainly bright, if not the longest-lived that I've encountered. Overall, I find it a joy to look at, and being the GA-2100-1AER it's super-easy to read, even for a blind old git.

Its faults are minor - the tiny low-contrast LCDs are a bit gash, and a more-resilient sapphire crystal would have been nice, even if it would double the cost. I'd love the indices to be solid lume rather than lacking any - even if, again, it would have pushed the price up and is moot when you have illumination onboard. It would really have been awesome if it had been solar-powered and radio-regulated for ultimate long-term convenience... Opportunity, perhaps, for a more high-end model, then? A shoo-in given how popular this one has proved... Sure, all these features (and more) are available elsewhere in the range, but not with these appealing looks. Not at-all...

Size and wearability is good - it's a G-Shock, so small ain't happening - but it's quite slim, and obviously light as a feather without feeling insubstantial. I'm not wild about the strap - it's adequate and that's it, so I've ordered some JaysAndKays adapters and will then try a variety of straps.

Overall, I'm very glad to have added this to the collection - it's a bargain at full asking, never mind for £79 - and hopefully it's going to be a long-term keeper...
    Great review that sums up the model perfectly, also looks Uber cool on a Rhinostrap.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    Great review that sums up the model perfectly, also looks Uber cool on a Rhinostrap.

That looks fabulous.....what strap adaptors are those?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie215 View Post
    That looks fabulous.....what strap adaptors are those?
    Thank you, the links here. Took a couple of weeks to arrive from US and no import duty due to low price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JaysAndKa....m46890.l49292

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    Thanks, and agree - it was seeing yours on the adapters, earlier in the thread, that tipped me into getting the watch at-all (and indeed, the adapters). I'm looking forward to some strap-faff in due-course

---

Oh, and heads-up, two new colourways are imminent:

GA-2110ET-2AER

and

GA-2110ET-8AER

Last edited by S.L; 12th November 2020 at 13:36.

Master
    As an aside, I do wish that among all the remarkable things they can do they could be configured to display day/month [12.11] rather than month/day [11.12].

Craftsman
    Took delivery of these two beauties today.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

As an aside, I do wish that among all the remarkable things they can do they could be configured to display day/month [12.11] rather than month/day [11.12].
    The GMW B5000 full metal range have this facility. Here a pic of my steel version showing the date as 30th Oct (30/10).

AFAIA all the Bluetooth ones have that option

Master
    Ah thanks, did not know that. That's next on the list then ...

2 cracking shocks

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Ah thanks, did not know that. That's next on the list then ...
    The G7800 can do it as well.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Recent arrivals

LtoR: G-7900A, DW-5600BB & GW-9400

2020-11-16_11-34-59 by mcridland, on Flickr

Mark

One of my cheapest watches but I love it. Since receiving it, it's hardly been off my wrist.

Master
    Been after one of these ever since S.L posted up a pic a few years back, MR-G G1000b. Loving it, excellent quality, very comfy and nice and light being titanium.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Speak of the devil 😁

Tried most variations of this watch, but really loving the blue.

Imagine if they did a matching blue bracelet?! Wow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Tried most variations of this watch, but really loving the blue.

Imagine if they did a matching blue bracelet?! Wow.
    The blue is cool :) I agree, a blue bracelet would make it even cooler. This should join the Full Metal line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guiltily tempted by the blue camo titanium GMW-B5000 (TCF-2, I think) - I see it's on sale at Jura at the moment...

Apprentice
    GW-M5610. I just love this watch...

Thanks crazyp

Master

Craftsman
    Been on a bit of a shopping spree the past couple weeks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

This is actually just a unisex watch right?

https://g-shock.co.uk/gm-s5600-1er

My go to golf watch, hasn't been worn in a while

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It's the King for today.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas_Meinhardt View Post
    GW-M5610. I just love this watch...

I'm contemplating this model as my next G.

Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    It's the King for today.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk
    I have that model and much as I kind of love it, the display is almost impossible to read unless I’m sat in full sunshine!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie215 View Post
    I'm contemplating this model as my next G.
    I encourage you to do so. It's my third G and already contemplating selling at least one of the other two (DW-5600 and GA-2100) because I find no reason to wear them at all anymore besides sentimental value. I will probably keep the GA-2100 just because of the hype (yes, silly argument...) and sell the DW-5600. With the GW-M5610 you get solar, atomic, multiple alarms. It is also the smallest square (a tad smaller than the DW-5600) which I really like (6.75" wrist). Go get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post

The blurb is pure Cringe, but that's a nice piece (and I do mean the wristwatch)

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Congrats Toddy!
    Happy to take the blame for that one. 🙂

Mudmaster today,

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Congrats Toddy!
    Happy to take the blame for that one. 🙂

Mudmaster today,

Yup, all your fault😁

Master

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Loupe View Post
    Always liked the look of these, great buy👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Always liked the look of these, great buy
    Very impressed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post

That particular one has slightly smaller dimensions than a typical square, so it's aimed at women. I reckon it would work with smaller wristed fellas. There is a full-sized version available in the same design.
    Last edited by Man of Kent; 25th November 2020 at 08:43.