closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 124 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,200 of 7071

Thread: Show your G-Shocks

Looks great! I’ve just ordered a Ti bezel from TikTox :)

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Picked up the titanium camo bezel from TikTox

Craftsman

G-9300-1ER Mudman, modified with red parts!

Aged IP squares seem to have risen in value? This one seems optimistic £5400?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casio-G-S...QAAOSw8o9eMwR5

Quote Originally Posted by futon river crossing View Post
    Aged IP squares seem to have risen in value? This one seems optimistic £5400?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casio-G-S...QAAOSw8o9eMwR5
    Lol not a chance. I was at G-Shock on launch night and not many sold (maybe 10?). Everyone was just there to see it and get their old G-Shocks signed. That price is never happening.

Edited to add: "Casio GMW-B5000V-1ER for £860 for sale from a Private Seller on Chrono24" https://www.chrono24.co.uk/casio/cas...id15227118.htm
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 20th June 2020 at 18:05.

IMG_7320.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    My G-lide squares

GLX-5600B-4
    GLX-5600A-3DR
    GLX-5600A-4DR

Long time no wear for this frog

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Looks great! Definitely on the “list” :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Love that, Stefan as well as the one you wore yesterday. By the way, the other one should be arriving with me today so will post pics later. Thanks for all your help!

A GMW-B5000 on shiny silver bracelet transformed by an AliExpress camo version. Love it (needed a bit of fettling to stop it protruding out too far). Thinking about getting the original metal bracelet cerakoted now.
    Last edited by tiny73; 24th June 2020 at 09:56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Got one incoming, very much looking forward to it. It looks a bit crazy but I enjoy the wire-frame "Tron" styling and suspect the module and bezel/bracelet will be quite fun to swap around with my existing collection of metal square bits.

I shall update this thread when it lands... :)

Does the Tron B5000 make anyone else's eyes go funny? For me it's like ironing a white and blue striped shirt!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the Tron!

My Ti Camo bezel has arrived - I’m very taken with it, I have it paired with a grey canvas strap And black buckle.
    Last edited by futon river crossing; 24th June 2020 at 17:09.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Does the Tron B5000 make anyone else's eyes go funny? For me it's like ironing a white and blue striped shirt!
    Yep it’s a bit weird for me as well.

On the subject of full metal Gs, I’m loving my Titanium G in the hot weather - not generally a bracelet fan in the heat, but this has proven to be remarkably comfortable as I can get an actual fit which allows swelling but doesn’t feel too big inside/cooler days. Can see it being one of my go to summer watches

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Yep it’s a bit weird for me as well.

On the subject of full metal Gs, I’m loving my Titanium G in the hot weather - not generally a bracelet fan in the heat, but this has proven to be remarkably comfortable as I can get an actual fit which allows swelling but doesn't feel too big inside/cooler days. Can see it being one of my go to summer watches
    It's a lovely watch. I have the standard stainless steel and can see myself adding something else at some point. Love the titanium and hope they do more versions of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    It's a lovely watch. I have the standard stainless steel and can see myself adding something else at some point. Love the titanium and hope they do more versions of it.
    Titanium heats up to body temp fast and doesn’t really vary much, which lends it to comfort in the wrist. Steel isn’t as comfortable as it can continue to heat up.

From G Central, we’ll see more camo versions coming. I’m speculating to say, maybe a ‘natural Ti’ as well. But one reason I got this is particular model is I doubt we see another all black DLC metal G anytime soon - we’ve covered both Steel (Porter edition) and Titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post

A GMW-B5000 on shiny silver bracelet transformed by an AliExpress camo version. Love it (needed a bit of fettling to stop it protruding out too far). Thinking about getting the original metal bracelet cerakoted now.
    That looks great, can I ask how long shipping took and what your thoughts are on the quality please?

Tempted to try one of these kits on a spare 5610

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    That looks great, can I ask how long shipping took and what your thoughts are on the quality please?

Tempted to try one of these kits on a spare 5610
    Sure, shipping took about a week including picking up from the PO to pay the VAT and ubiquitous handling charge.

Its stainless steel so wears a bit heavier than Ti obviously and the bracelet is a little rattly but it came with two screwdrivers and a spring bar removal tool (the links are held together by very small spring bars, since my G arrived sized perfectly I haven’t actually checked how the original is held together... ). Overall it makes it a more interesting watch and one I’m more likely to wear than the stainless shiny version (which I may either “sand wash” or get cerakoted).

Edited to add that I may consider shelling out for the Ti camo bracelet now I know I can live with the look...
    Last edited by tiny73; 24th June 2020 at 22:08.

Sure, shipping took about a week including picking up from the PO to pay the VAT and ubiquitous handling charge.

Its stainless steel so wears a bit heavier than Ti obviously and the bracelet is a little rattly but it came with two screwdrivers and a spring bar removal tool (the links are held together by very small spring bars, since my G arrived sized perfectly I haven’t actually checked how the original is held together... ). Overall it makes it a more interesting watch and one I’m more likely to wear than the stainless shiny version (which I may either “sand wash” or get cerakoted).

Edited to add that I may consider shelling out for the Ti camo bracelet now I know I can live with the look...
    Thanks for the info, you might have swayed me towards trying one of these kits though it sounds like the bracelet might not be the best if it's a bit rattly. Or maybe OEM is the way to go instead? Will think it over.

The OEM camo bracelet is lovely but quite expensive - £360 from what I've seen, could be a good option though.

You might as well add the OEM bezel too if you're going down that route ;-)

Show your G-Shocks

Even after years still not into square G’s at all but my girlfriends likes the GW-5000

Last edited by deepsea_dweller; 25th June 2020 at 08:01.

I got the OEM Ti camo bezel and bracelet from tiktox - really, really good quality, and IMO worth the outlay for something a bit special. YMMV, of course...

The Ti bracelets appear to be pin-and-collar, btw, while the steel ones use the little springbars. Also the Ti bracelet links are a different profile: each link is shallower and finer than the steel equivalent, which enhances the weight saving.

I have to admit, I have a bad Full Metal G problem - the incoming Tron will mean I've got three different case/modules, four different bezel/bracelet finishes AND a set of jaysandkays strap adaptors.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsea_dweller View Post
    Even after years still not into square G’s at all but my girlfriends likes the GW-5000
    The fact you do not like squares is just weird

But you'd have an even bigger G problem if you liked squares as you do other Gs...

The GW-M5610 has been out for 8 years this year. I got a set of aftermarket bits to 'metallise' it today. Think it's the 5th (maybe 6th...) aftermarket set I've got on a variety of squares, along with the gold 35th anniversary GMWB5000TFG-9, gold GMW-B5000GD-9ER and steel GMW-B5000D-1ER. Why yes, I clearly *do* have a problem, thanks for asking.

Journeyman
    This weather is ridiculous!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master

I find the same on my Ali bracelet, hadn’t thought to fettle the parts to make it less so, the bracelet thickness looks slightly less than the original.

Had my original cerakote’d and I bloody love it. Did you with having another bracelet done, love it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I find the same on my Ali bracelet, hadn’t thought to fettle the parts to make it less so, the bracelet thickness looks slightly less than the original.

Had my original cerakote’d and I bloody love it. Did you with having another bracelet done, love it that much.
    If you file the small triangular tabs at the end link side, to be flat then the bracelet wraps around the wrist better.

Show your G-Shocks

Hong Kong Fire Services Department 150th Anniversary G Shock Rangeman GW-9400fsd-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A very happy Buddha

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Topping up the batteries.

Apprentice

My Carbon Core GG-B100-1AER

The Tron has landed. Absolutely smitten, it’s lovely. The finish is very high gloss so I’m sure will be a fingerprint magnet, but the laser lines are so crisp - and depending on the light they are either super-bright or a kind of gunmetal grey, so loads of visual interest. I may give it a while before I start swapping bezels etc. (please don’t quote me on that obv!).

Journeyman
    Oh wow, that looks better than expected!

Awesome watch, hope you enjoy it :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Tron is incredible. I don't know if I could own one as it seems to mess with my eyes but it's totally different and looks seriously cool.

Thanks gents, it really is rather lovely. I think the high gloss finish helps, as the grid lines seem sometimes to “float” above the reflections. It’s a sort of odd combination between so nerdy it hurts, and low single digits Kelvin for coolness.

Either way it’s one of those watches where you unbox it* and immediately know it’s a keeper.

* The grid lines continue on the box, and the cushion insert inside. The first time I’ve decided to keep a g-shock box instead of bin it as soon as I know I’ll keep the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    The Tron has landed. Absolutely smitten, it’s lovely. The finish is very high gloss so I’m sure will be a fingerprint magnet, but the laser lines are so crisp - and depending on the light they are either super-bright or a kind of gunmetal grey, so loads of visual interest. I may give it a while before I start swapping bezels etc. (please don’t quote me on that obv!).

Wow what a watch, where did you get it/price etc??

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post

Far too trippy for me, but I can totally see the appeal! I'm intrigued to hear how the finish this holds up over time. Enjoy the bad boy, it certainly doesn't need any swapping around with!