closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Silvermans latest CWC monstrosity

Master
    Blog Entries

Silvermans latest CWC monstrosity

Appologise if its been mentioned, have you seen this one?

Like Speedmasters the original design is the best and doesent need anything else on the dial.

CWC TAMAR QUARTZ DIVERS WATCH (PRE-ORDER)
    £949.00

https://www.cwcwatch.com/products/cw...s-divers-watch

What the actual hell is that?

Dazzling.

Gutted it's crew-only, I'd have loved to buy all of these up and dump them in the f**king sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Dazzling.
    Nice pun.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It was already slated on the new releases thread!

Funnily enough nobody sprang to its defence.

Hideous, but will please the Walts it's aimed at.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    Hideous, but will please the Walts it's aimed at.

Jolly Jack Tars can have it engraved,mere mortals get the version below.
    Last time I worked with the RN was in Belfast harbour in the 70s,along with the Marines a good bunch.

Exclusivity for Collectors:
    While the crew enjoys the privilege of the ships crest, civilian sales of the CWC Tamar Divers Watch come with a standard issue caseback. ensuring that the spirit of HMS TAMAR is shared with enthusiasts, allowing a limited number of admirers of Royal Navy history to connect with this extraordinary timepiece.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Jolly Jack Tars can have it engraved,mere mortals get the version below.
    Last time I worked with the RN was in Belfast harbour in the 70s,along with the Marines a good bunch.

Exclusivity for Collectors:
    While the crew enjoys the privilege of the ships crest, civilian sales of the CWC Tamar Divers Watch come with a standard issue caseback. ensuring that the spirit of HMS TAMAR is shared with enthusiasts, allowing a limited number of admirers of Royal Navy history to connect with this extraordinary timepiece.
    Aye, but the key point is looks exactly the same from the front/on the wrist. It's not a coincidence that the thing which marks a wearer down as RN is on the back, not the front.
    Either way, it's uglier than the women who used to perform topless in Plymouth pubs before noon!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Aye, but the key point is looks exactly the same from the front/on the wrist. It's not a coincidence that the thing which marks a wearer down as RN is on the back, not the front.
    Either way, it's uglier than the women who used to perform topless in Plymouth pubs before noon!
    Ah I remember Union street strippers/bars/booze and brawls, as for the Navy and Marines they could cut it up rough as well.

We foolishly baited the shore patrol we wernent even old enough to drink (and it was out of bounds to us),they could have swatted us like flies.

Ah I remember Union street strippers/bars/booze and brawls, as for the Navy and Marines they could cut it up rough as well.

We foolishly baited the shore patrol we wernent even old enough to drink (and it was out of bounds to us),they could have swatted us like flies.
    I was never in the navy, but I spent a while once on HMS Turbulent (skippered at the time by Stumpy Coles who was later fired for crashing an Astute Class on sea trials...lovely bloke). We'd left from Scotland but we returned to Plymouth and the XO and a few others took me to some pub at about 11am where they passed around a pint glass for money whilst the most hideous women I'd ever seen jiggled various saggy things. As I remarked to one of Turbs' officers: "Nobody could ever be at sea long enough for this."

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was never in the navy, but I spent a while once on HMS Turbulent (skippered at the time by Stumpy Coles who was later fired for crashing an Astute Class on sea trials...lovely bloke). We'd left from Scotland but we returned to Plymouth and the XO and a few others took me to some pub at about 11am where they passed around a pint glass for money whilst the most hideous women I'd ever seen jiggled various saggy things. As I remarked to one of Turbs' officers: "Nobody could ever be at sea long enough for this."
    That made me laugh.

Its a long,long time ago but I remember the strippers looking very,very bored and not the least bit appealing.

We couldnt drink enough at our age to get beer goggles.

I cant imagine spotty 15/16 year olds being allowed in places like that and drinking nowadays.

We werent street wise or we would have realised why every thing down the street had metal bars and chicken wire to protect it, let alone why the

bouncers made Geoff Capes look small.

I would do it all again,we all would.

Funny, thread. thank you.

Surely it can’t be as bad as the photos suggest?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    Funny, thread. thank you.

Surely it can’t be as bad as the photos suggest?

I read this again and still dont understand what it means.

Introducing the CWC TAMAR DIVERS WATCH
    A timepiece meticulously crafted to capture the essence of the forward deployed presence designed with and approved by TAMAR's first Commanding Officer. This watch embodies the legacy of this storied vessel in every detail.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Any interest in seeing if they can do a forum group buy with KNOBHEADS ONLY engraved on the back?

That made me laugh.

Its a long,long time ago but I remember the strippers looking very,very bored and not the least bit appealing.

We couldnt drink enough at our age to get beer goggles.

I cant imagine spotty 15/16 year olds being allowed in places like that and drinking nowadays.

We werent street wise or we would have realised why every thing down the street had metal bars and chicken wire to protect it, let alone why the

bouncers made Geoff Capes look small.

I would do it all again,we all would.
    15 years old on a night out in Plymouth is terrifying. For everyone concerned!
    I still have my Dolphins in a drawer somewhere. I did two consecutive watches on top of the fin at night when the boat was running on the surface, as dogsbody to the officer on duty up there. I had my nav so was able to be of actual use, but I was only up there for all those hours ducking the gophers because it was one of only two places on the boat you could smoke. When I came down to the wardroom, sodden, the XO and others there lined up and he said something like: "Obviously you're not a submariner, but we've decided you are stupid enough to be a submariner", and then they presented me with a set of Dolphins in a glass of rum. They were a great bunch, except when playing uckers, when they were without doubt the worst bunch of timber-shifting bastards I've ever met.

Master
    Blog Entries
    15 years old on a night out in Plymouth is terrifying. For everyone concerned!
    I still have my Dolphins in a drawer somewhere. I did two consecutive watches on top of the fin at night when the boat was running on the surface, as dogsbody to the officer on duty up there. I had my nav so was able to be of actual use, but I was only up there for all those hours ducking the gophers because it was one of only two places on the boat you could smoke. When I came down to the wardroom, sodden, the XO and others there lined up and he said something like: "Obviously you're not a submariner, but we've decided you are stupid enough to be a submariner", and then they presented me with a set of Dolphins in a glass of rum. They were a great bunch, except when playing uckers, when they were without doubt the worst bunch of timber-shifting bastards I've ever met.

I had to look that up.

https://www.forces.net/news/uckers-w...litary-play-it

My grandad played dominos and drunk lots or rum (on shore) to pass the time (if they had any with U boats around) in WW2.

In the Army we had a few games in the NAAFI bar.

"Beer checkers (also known as shotglass checkers, shot glass checkers or beercheckers) is a two player drinking game. A variant of normal checkers (or draughts), it is played on a standard checkerboard (or chess board), using shot glasses of beer in place of the regular playing pieces."

We used shots instead of beer

All drinks in Germany where doubles to start with,one would be whites with Vodka and one black with rum in a glass as counters.

Every one of your opponents counters you took he had to drink,a King would be a quadruple.

It got very messy.

I had to look that up.

https://www.forces.net/news/uckers-w...litary-play-it

My grandad played dominos and drunk lots or rum (on shore) to pass the time (if they had any with U boats around) in WW2.

In the Army we had a few games in the NAAFI bar.

"Beer checkers (also known as shotglass checkers, shot glass checkers or beercheckers) is a two player drinking game. A variant of normal checkers (or draughts), it is played on a standard checkerboard (or chess board), using shot glasses of beer in place of the regular playing pieces."

We used shots instead of beer

All drinks in Germany where doubles to start with,one would be whites with Vodka and one black with rum in a glass as counters.

Every one of your opponents counters you took he had to drink,a King would be a quadruple.

It got very messy.
    That sounds like one of those games where if you lose a little bit, you quickly lose a lot...

Master
    Wasn't HMS Tamar the shore establishment in Hong Kong? I used to work with a guy who was born there.

The standard SBS is perfect, THAT is ugly.

This seems unlike all of the past Silverman's CWC offerings...have they had a new owner or something recently? This is entirely out of left field.

I guess there are a lot of you who dislike HMS Tamar's WW1-style dazzle camo...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    No just on a watch,I wont be throwing a cam net over my CWC either.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    I think the key point is HMS Tamar is a ship, rather than a watch.

I'm wondering if this was designed by some kind of HMS Tamar old boy's association? Having been involved in the design of an Association tie a few years back that ended up resembling a shagging Christmas tree as each and every old duffer had to add yet another design element, I can see how they ended up with this. Whilst clearly a step away from the issued item, the SBS case with a dazzle camo dial wouldn't be that bad; it's the mincing cat and the multi-colour indices that kill it.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I'm wondering if this was designed by some kind of HMS Tamar old boy's association? Having been involved in the design of an Association tie a few years back that ended up resembling a shagging Christmas tree as each and every old duffer had to add yet another design element, I can see how they ended up with this. Whilst clearly a step away from the issued item, the SBS case with a dazzle camo dial wouldn't be that bad; it's the mincing cat and the multi-colour indices that kill it.
    Thats what I was thinking,someone thought it up then when people saw it they didnt want it.

On a watch most things like this are best on the case back.

Journeyman
    you all are looking at this the wrong way. clearly they designed it to be as theft resistant as possible, and did a fantastic job

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bitt3n View Post
    you all are looking at this the wrong way. clearly they designed it to be as theft resistant as possible, and did a fantastic job
    It had better work, can you imagine the conversation with the insurer.

"...and they also took my much-prized HMS Tamar quartz diver's watch."

"Jimmy Hill, sir."

"Excuse me?"

"Chinny reckon they did, sir. Perhaps they also absconded with your signed Val Doonican 45s?"

"How dare you!"
    Last edited by Fullbreakfast; 30th December 2023 at 14:49.

Journeyman
    Eeeesh this isn’t pretty