closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your G-Shocks

Journeyman
    Not done them justice with the quick phone pic.....

Mudman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    There's something really icky about that watch and that colour...
    I think it's Alien xenomorph sloughed-off skin colour...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Now the fun begins.

Just arrived today. My first ever G Shock. Part of the Japan only Rescue Orange range. It's a M5610MR-4JF. Impressed with it so far.

Craftsman

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    Just arrived today. My first ever G Shock. Part of the Japan only Rescue Orange range. It's a M5610MR-4JF. Impressed with it so far.
    That is lovely

Master
    That's a really nice shade of orange, not too bright, just right.

May I ask where it can be purchased from?

GWFT 1000BS Frogman Basel World Ruby

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsea_dweller View Post
    GWFT 1000BS Frogman Basel World Ruby
    Wow, I love those rubies. An amusing twist on how we usually think of G-Shocks. :-)
    Last edited by markrlondon; 6th March 2015 at 08:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Essexman View Post
    That's a really nice shade of orange, not too bright, just right.

May I ask where it can be purchased from?
    Myrwatches.com €129 and free shipping. Ordered it on Monday and it was delivered on Thursday. Good service and the euro exchange rate is good at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Wow, I love those rubies. Am amusing twist on how we usually think of G-Shocks. :-)
    Absolutely right :-) Kinda different G Shock.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    Myrwatches.com €129 and free shipping. Ordered it on Monday and it was delivered on Thursday. Good service and the euro exchange rate is good at the moment.
    Thanks, wow that's tempting!

Craftsman
    Thanks, wow that's tempting!
    I'm thinking just the same :|

With the exchange rate it worked out as £97. The ones on eBay were around £120 so it was worth a punt. I've never had a G and haven't had a digital for over 30 years. It's a lot of watch for the money.

Just received a GW-5000 strap for my GW-5610. I was sceptic at first, I know the GW-5000 strap is rubber so more comfortable but I reckoned you would notice that more on the heavier GW-5000. My reasoning was that a heavier watch will shoft more on the wrist, so a comfier strap to keep it in place will help. Only one way to find out: buy it. The strap arrived, I fitted it and even on my light 5610 it does feel better. Looks are pretty similar, side by side you can tell the difference but it really is nice on the wrist. Hardly felt the 5610 before and now it is near weightless :-)

Master
    Damn this thread - it would seem I now have the G-Shock bug also!

I'd previously written off the idea due to these being too big, too plastic, too garish and a not really very stylish. My view has now changed. Within the space of a couple of weeks I bought a new AWG-M100, then a rather nice GW-5000 from SC and now I've just agreed on a GW-3000M. There are others on my 'want' list already.

I've no doubt that I'll keep a couple of nice stainless steel autos for 'best', but G's are a relatively inexpensive way to get my watch kicks. With so many models out there though it could be easy to get carried away!

Damn you all!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paulyg View Post
    I'm thinking just the same :|
    They have yellow also, now I wonder how the yellow would look with black bracelet.............................

OMG !!! Just noticed - "Free Belgian chocolate with a purchase of 75euro"
    Last edited by Essexman; 6th March 2015 at 19:11.

Show your G-Shocks

GWF 1000B-1Jf
    Last edited by deepsea_dweller; 7th March 2015 at 03:16.

I think it's Alien xenomorph sloughed-off skin colour...
    I just thought it looked like semen.

My one remaining G, although it is the best...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    I just thought it looked like semen.
    I'm sure H. R. Giger would have approved. ;-)

That's for Monday

Show your G-Shocks

King for a day

Last edited by deepsea_dweller; 10th March 2015 at 03:21.

Blog Entries
    It occurs to me that with the rise of smartwatches which will inevitably begin to compete with the likes of G-Shocks (although not quite yet since they are not yet robust enough), perhaps Casio will finally be persuaded to make month/day order configurable!

Spent the day decorating although there seems to be as much paint on me as the walls.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Hey, that's a good idea for a new G-Shock special edition!

Journeyman

These are my three so far lots more on my future purchases list though

GWF 1000BS -.1jf for today after a long & breathtaking Champions League night :-)

Show your G-Shocks

For Friday the 13th :-)

Master
    Decisions! decisions! do I get rid of some watches, or, do I buy a bigger watch box?

perhaps Casio will finally be persuaded to make month/day order configurable!
    I don't know, Casio seem weirdly resistant to any changes in their not-particularly-optimal UI. For example, the first mode selected is often world time. It takes you another three button presses to get to the alarm. But I use the alarm a lot more often than I go abroad!

Then you have to hold down the button for what seems like ages in order to enter setting mode. The button doesn't have any other function, so why not just press it to set?

Then there's the light. On all Gs I've seen, pressing any other button immediately switches off the light. So let's say you want to time something at night. You press the light to see the display, then press MODE to select the stopwatch - but the light has turned off, so you can't see when you get to stopwatch mode. When you finally do, you turn on the light again and press START. The flipping light goes off again and you can't see the display!

You're right - I'd never really thought about it but the UI is odd - I just haven't really noticed as I've got so used to it. I also find it odd how some really useful functions only appear on certain models. For example the 7710 has adjustable screen contrast, and you can set the hourly chime to operate between eg certain hours on weekdays only, daily alarm weekdays only etc. Shame the watch itself is not the most attractive but the functions are killer - and only appear on that model???!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I also find it odd how some really useful functions only appear on certain models.
    I agree. My favourite example is one-time alarms. On the GD-350, you can set any individual alarm to either OFF, ON, or 1TIME. ON means the alarm goes off at the same time every day. 1TIME just goes off one time, and doesn't repeat the next day. Because I don't usually have to use the alarm, 1TIME is perfect for me. With other watches, I set the alarm, wake up (grumbling), and then grumble even more the next day when I'm woken up entirely unnecessarily because I forgot to go and turn the alarm off!

I've never seen this feature on any other G, and it hardly seems like a premium feature that Casio would deliberately withhold from cheaper models (nor is the GD-350 a premium model).

As John Oliver might put it, "**** you, Casio. **** you."

Master
    These are my three. Bought the red one from SC and it's actually the same model as the other
    one, bar the red plastic (it's a mod of some sort).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdfish View Post
    Decisions! decisions! do I get rid of some watches, or, do I buy a bigger watch box?
    You still only have one watch box!?

I thought I was collecting watches but I now seem to have a collection of Lidl tea watch boxes. ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    I don't know, Casio seem weirdly resistant to any changes in their not-particularly-optimal UI. For example, the first mode selected is often world time. It takes you another three button presses to get to the alarm. But I use the alarm a lot more often than I go abroad!
    I know what you mean. The basis of the UI is quite good in my opinion but things like mode order seem to vary.

One my old CA-901, which was the first Casio watch I owned, the mode select order made sense: Main time -> stopwatch -> alarm -> dual time -> game. In some more modern cases, Casio have kept this order and in others that have altered it. I don't know why.

On my G-9000 it goes: Main time -> stopwatch 1 -> stopwatch 2 -> countdown timer -> alarm -> world time. So it's effectively the same as my old CA-901. Why two stopwatches on this model? I don't know. It all seems strangely random.

Of course, the growth of smartwatches might perhaps encourage Casio to allow the user to define their own mode select order!

Then you have to hold down the button for what seems like ages in order to enter setting mode. The button doesn't have any other function, so why not just press it to set?
    I prefer that one Casio's way. It avoids any possible error and I like that. :-)

Then there's the light. On all Gs I've seen, pressing any other button immediately switches off the light. So let's say you want to time something at night. You press the light to see the display, then press MODE to select the stopwatch - but the light has turned off, so you can't see when you get to stopwatch mode. When you finally do, you turn on the light again and press START. The flipping light goes off again and you can't see the display!
    Oh yes, I agree. This is a truly bizarre design decision. The light should stay on no matter what else is being done and should be configurable to stay on for longer, too.

I also find it odd how some really useful functions only appear on certain models. For example the 7710 has adjustable screen contrast, and you can set the hourly chime to operate between eg certain hours on weekdays only, daily alarm weekdays only etc. Shame the watch itself is not the most attractive but the functions are killer - and only appear on that model???!
    Yup, this is an odd thing too. Like the two stopwatches on my G-9000. I've no idea why this model needed two concurrent, independent stopwatches and others do not.

I think the g9000 is a 'rally' watch designed for timing rally stages. It also happens to be mud resistant. They're obviously aiming it at a specific enthusiast who times rally's and rolls in mud!?!

Weekend choice

GWF 1000RD-4

I've noticed most of your frogman collection is on medium charge and failing to synch - time to stuck them on a window sill pointing in the right direction I think! 😉

Show your G-Shocks

I've noticed most of your frogman collection is on medium charge and failing to synch - time to stuck them on a window sill pointing in the right direction I think!
    Summer time is coming. Stay put. In the meantime enjoy the beauties here on TZ :-)

It's really refreshing to hear you're not really bothered about the charge levels. I've read so many threads with people agonising over charge levels etc! When I got my frogman last year it was on medium, after literally a day on my wrist on a sunny spring day it went to high and has never come down (even though it lives in the dark usually). I'm looking forward to wearing mine more this year, I don't find it gets on very well with coats or long sleeves!

Master
    I keep looking at buying a Casio G-Shock Rangeman, I have little use for all the sensors, temp, compass, Altimeter, Barometer. But it looks so nice, someone talk me out of this please!

Blog Entries
    I keep looking at buying a Casio G-Shock Rangeman, I have little use for all the sensors, temp, compass, Altimeter, Barometer. But it looks so nice, someone talk me out of this please!
    Buy it. It's cool. It's fun. You want it! ;-)

The only thing that would make a Rangeman better in my opinion is a metal bracelet. Has anyone done one for it yet?

Master

The only thing that would make a Rangeman better in my opinion is a metal bracelet. Has anyone done one for it yet?
    You're not helping, then what more should I expect in this thread!

The Rangie is the kind of watch I would have killed for when I was a little kid (well, littler than I am now, anyway). It's got every function going and it looks absolutely badass.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    BADASS!! yes!

GWFT 1030E-9