closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just joined Securesus insurance. Any tips, good or bad?

Just joined Securesus insurance. Any tips, good or bad?

Gave up on IFS joined Securesus.
    Looks very easy to use, more expensive of course.
    So, what do I need to look out for?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Iirc your only covered for fourteen days after posting.

There's been a lot of discussion here on Secursus - suggest you do a search and sift through the results.

Be sure to read the Secursus policy very carefully before insuring any consignment - there are some very specific requirements and conditions around, e.g. packaging, delivery service used, and type of premises the consignment is despatched from (for instance, items left at what they define as 'parcel shops' are excluded).

There was also a question mark over a blanket exclusion relating to items sold via an 'online marketplace'. I don't know if anyone ever got to the bottom of this, but obviously it raises doubt over whether they'd cover a watch sold on Sales Corner here being sent to the buyer.

Last time I looked, no one here had had cause to make a claim for a Secursus-insured consignment, so the Litmus test remains pending.
    Last edited by DMC102; 2nd May 2024 at 10:49.

Master
    Re online marketplaces, it’s discussed in other threads. The gist is Secursus deem this to include eBay and watch forums.

You will need to obtain consent from Secursus if selling on TZ, they will ask for evidence of feedback as a good seller and also that you ensure the buyer has good feedback.

They won’t give consent for eBay if sending to the authenticator.