closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Turkey - Marmaris Summer 2015

Turkey - Marmaris Summer 2015

What's your opinions on taking the family ( us two a 12yr old, 4 yr old and a baby) in August to Turkey?

For the past three years we've been to Spain, staying with friends. But this year we really like the idea of staying all inclusive with the Kids Club option..!

Budget is 2.5k but could stretch to 3.5k / that's why we have been looking at Turkey, as Spain seems to be 4 to 5k so too much..!

Master
    Great idea we've done this several times but I would seriously choose Fethiye over Marmaris any day much much nicer.

Have done a few all inclusives to Turkey over the last few years and feel that they deliver the best bang for your buck that you will find.

Would recommend using trip advisor to hone your search - but obviously filter out the mad and bad reviews.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Might be worth considering the possible temperatures. We went to Hisonaru (excuse the spelling) in August and it topped out at about 43C IIRC. I wouldn't want a baby in that sort of heat. YMMV.

Another vote for Turkey, and TripAdvisor :) We have been going back to the same all exclusive resort the last couple of years now, and this year will be our third time there, and this time we are staying there for three weeks! Can't wait. We hire a car for a couple of days and go and visit the local sights, but mostly we worship the sun by the stunning pools.

Master
    wouldn't go to Marmaris as there are much nicer places in Turkey. As above I wouldn't go in August with a baby either as it's far too hot.

Master
    Why would you fly with a baby? Are you really going to drag the pushchair across Europe, and the car seat, and all that baby 'stuff'. Find a nice house to rent in Dorset or the Yorkshire Coast or wherever or if you want easy go to CenterParcs or similar. Plenty of time who hot summer holidays when the baby is older and has tougher skin.

e.g.

http://www.bluestonewales.com/breaks-holidays/uk
    Last edited by Jeremy67; 5th February 2015 at 09:49.

I've taken day trips to Marmaris from Rhodesand it never struck me as a holiday destination. Also been on holiday to Ichmeler which is not too far from Marmaris, full of chavs and just like Blackpool in the sun. Antalya was a nice pace, a fair bit to the east but a smaller place with really nice fishing portand restaurants to go with it. If you do go to Turkey be prepared for being accosted by shop owners, cafes etc vying for your business, it can get a bit much. Go to the local souk (market) where you can buy almost anything (mostly fake) and be prepared to barter hard. It's a lot of fun and you can get some real bargains. The clother, although fake, are usually good quality at about a quarter of UK prices.

August is certainly the hottest month:

I have been to Hisaronu and Ovacik in may. Def better than Marmaris and close to Fetihye and Oludeniz. Plenty to do and see if you dont fancy staying at hotel. Temperature didnt go under 28 degrees celsius in 2 weeks. That was in middle of may.

Great info.. I will investigate the other resorts close by..!

Master
    Also look at Bodrum. Plenty of cheap flights there, and some great hotel deals (Just avoid Gumbet). After going to Turkey for 20 years, about 8 - 9 years ago I bought a place in Bitez. Spend about 3 months a year there.

If you do go to Marmaris, I would suggest that you go to Icmeler which is just down the road, we used to take the family there.

Thanks Andrezj..

I hated it, but seem to be in the minority.

Craftsman
    I wouldn't bother, I hated every second of it when I visited.

Master
    I am pleased I am not alone, I thought it was the end of the world and wouldnt go back for a gold pig!! Cyprus is far better.