closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your best watch or watch related purchase this year?

Your best watch or watch related purchase this year?

Just wanted to see what you think has been the best buy this year.

I picked up a very nice Ceramic Seamaster, and I am very pleased - I can see it being a regular wearer. I bought one, again from our very own sales corner, shortly after they were launched but a friend in Australia persuaded me to part with it before I'd even sized the bracelet :( I'd had an itch for one ever since. So I am delighted to have picked up another, thanks to Keith, and can give it a real try out and I am sure it will feel right at home next to the other 300m Seamasters in the watch box - not that I think it will spend much time in the box over the next few months! Pics to follow :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Should this not be a "December thread" ??!

The WUS '63 re-issue with black dial and display back. Ridiculously good for the money. Not a watch that I will wear every day, but as an inexpensive hand-winding chrono I think it would be hard to beat. (I used to own the standard '63 and much prefer the black one.)

Blog Entries
    For me it's the Seiko Brightz SDGM007 Azabu Tailor.

I'm highly impressed with the fit and finish, and can't wait for the spring and short sleeves to see that stunning dial in sunlight.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Should this not be a "December thread" ??!
    It would be too late by then for some ;)

I want to make sure I consider all options early in the year :)

Master

BB

Already sold one and bought three this year so far😳 but my best this year so far is Tudor BB Red

Chris

Master
    I picked up a grey teak Aqua Terra from SC and I am very pleased with it, definitely my daily wearer for work at the moment.

This year? It's only just February!

This came out of nowhere; saw it for sale in a Mayfair dealer at a price I couldn't ignore and just jumped on it. I suppose I thought I'd enjoy it for a few weeks and then sell it on, but actually it's absolutely mesmerising and I love it - there is nothing like it at all in my collection and it more than justifies its place in the reduced watch box.

Errrr... it's the 4th Feb - Did you mean 2014?

M.

Nomos Ludwig. I'm very impressed with Nomos. Beautiful watches and surprisingly low prices and after sales service is excellent.

Master
    I picked up a new DSSD last week. It's my third, but will hopefully be keeping this one!

Master
    A Longines Ultraquartz. In second place would be another early quartz a GP 300 engined Consul that wasn't even known to exist and I got that for fifty quid. Result. :)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Errrr... it's the 4th Feb - Did you mean 2014?

M.
    No, and judging by the response in relation to recent purchases I think the post is fitting.

The GO Panoinverse is my favourite so far - a watch I have loved for its different looks since the first time I saw one. Just lovely detailing.

I think I'll start to slow down on purchases and have a definite two out one in max for the remaining of the year - but I'd like to have a critical look at what others have been drawn to so far this year. The GO would be a definite purchase if money was no object. The along with trying out the new SDc and replacing my old white dialled 42mm EXP II at some stage :) Not much else out there I like that much - but the rose gold Zenith that sold on the SC looked fantastic and a good price too - so there are definitely options I havn't considered yet :)

Journeyman
    Paid a deposit on a SDc this morning, apparently it should be with the AD "in a couple of weeks"

Zenith Captain Chrono

The purchase of the Zenith will slow me down for quite some time, unless either of my watches on SC gets an unexpected sale!
    No real opportunity to wear it yet, and I have been toying with strap and deployant options. A watch that just makes me smile inwardly. I hope to do an arrival thread when the dust settles at home....

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    No, and judging by the response in relation to recent purchases I think the post is fitting.

The GO Panoinverse is my favourite so far - a watch I have loved for its different looks since the first time I saw one. Just lovely detailing.

I think I'll start to slow down on purchases and have a definite two out one in max for the remaining of the year - but I'd like to have a critical look at what others have been drawn to so far this year. The GO would be a definite purchase if money was no object. The along with trying out the new SDc and replacing my old white dialled 42mm EXP II at some stage :) Not much else out there I like that much - but the rose gold Zenith that sold on the SC looked fantastic and a good price too - so there are definitely options I havn't considered yet :)
    Well, I've bought only 1 this year so far - So, it's a CW C60 Trident for me...

Of course, that might change with the very next watch I buy...

M

Seiko MM300 for me. The clasp has some sharp edges I'm not liking so much but apart from that it's a superb watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    Still early days & I've only purchased one this year (AP RO & await for its arrival today). It's the best because it's the only choice.
    Which RO did you get?

This year just started but I allready bought my holy grail :)

Seamaster 300 vintage 165.014

Journeyman
    With help and advice from followers members, I got my self a SD. My first Rolex . Thanks

We are not far into this year yet, but so far...

This arrived a couple of weeks ago:

Not very exciting but a couple of straps i have bought have transformed a couple of watches

Di Modell Rallye arrived yesterday..so far so good

Hirsh Liberty on my Oris is great

Watch wise i picked up this hydroconquest in the Ernest Jones sale which is really nice (in my opinion)

Master
    oh no, the pressure!

i've not bought/sold anything yet and now feel the urge growing stronger.

do like the Seventies Panorama on SC but i'm supposed to be consolidating so getting rid of a couple first might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    The purchase of the Zenith will slow me down for quite some time, unless either of my watches on SC gets an unexpected sale!
    No real opportunity to wear it yet, and I have been toying with strap and deployant options. A watch that just makes me smile inwardly. I hope to do an arrival thread when the dust settles at home....

Oooh. That's very nice.

I'm well chuffed with this
    [IMG]

Craftsman
    It wont be here till Friday, but I have just paid for something German today, and I'm a little giddy with excitement. Can't see it being eclipsed this year.

Thats a stunner.

For me it's been a Mido AD1. First Mido I've ever owned and I picked it up second hand for a small fraction of it's RRP. It's a bit battered but that just means I can wear it anywhere without fear scratching or dinging it. Keeps great time, looks pretty cool, extremely comfortable to wear and easy to read. No lume apart from on the hands which I feel is its only downside.

Craftsman
    Last edited by Yoda; 4th February 2015 at 17:24.

Craftsman

Craftsman
    My first Rolex is ordered and paid for - Seadweller Deepsea - hastily purchased due to predicted price rises
    Cannot wait

Master
    Thanks to some advice from the kind members of this forum, I've just (sort of) bought my firs Rolex (Sea Dweller).

I hope to be in a position to explain the "sort of" part at the weekend.

Some great purchases so far. The GO and AP stand out for me. Although any SeaDweller is worthy of mention :-)

Anything else obscure, or like the Seiko listed, just damn good looking, or damn good value?!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Anything else obscure?!
    I picked this up at the end of December and love it. A forged carbon cased Linde Werdelin Tech II Green. Pretty obscure as only one of 75 made;

Bit of a repost, and not a good picture, but I got this a couple of weeks ago.

Blog Entries
    I wanted a dress watch, but didn't want to spend a fortune on it as I'd wear it infrequently.
    This came up

Hard to refuse at £200

z
    Last edited by zelig; 4th February 2015 at 21:40. Reason: typo

Master
    My very own Fortis B42 Flieger, fantastic watch and bought from this very forum. Hasn't been off my wrist yet, apart from showering. Very good VFM

Omega Aqua Terra grey dial, a few days ago. I'll post some pictures in later.

That is seriously classy - is it a current model from Zenith - love the simplicity of the dial and the orange ? accents..

For me I have turned my back a bit on the big names and have gone local. I have ordered 2 watches from Schofield and I am now enjoying (like the Panerai fans) working up a collection of straps for my purchases. The Signalman is with me now - my Beater should be with me in a few weeks.

Remind me around X-Mas time please!

[QUOTE=MattH;3411697]That is seriously classy - is it a current model from Zenith - love the simplicity of the dial and the orange ? accents..

Thank you, yes it is (or certainly was on the 2014 catalogue), and the accents are I believe rose gold. The lack of bezel means the 42mm case wears relatively large. Zenith Captain Chronograph 03.2110.400.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    This year just started but I allready bought my holy grail :)

Seamaster 300 vintage 165.014

Thats really nice. I would like to get something similar. Me, this year, I hope to be collecting a Hulk pretty soon. Will I be content??

Master
    For me thus far this year it'd be getting my Pam 177 off for service/repair.

Looking forward to getting it back in ~3 weeks.

Blog Entries
    Just the one coming in, but, I don't know how long I will keep it for... It is very cool/ lovley though!

Great thread :-)

I've been extremely happy with how the year's going so far,and have picked up 2 watches I've fancied for a while.

The first is one of Eddie's that I got from eBay after a kind member pointed me in that direction. I may have paid a bit over the odds, but I just had to have it :-D

I'd been looking for the 50B for a while, but they so rarely come up for sale this one's a definite keeper!

Next was another diver with a bit of history.
    This was bought from fellow member ingenioren, who said it was in very good condition and was still only half way through its warranty. But when it turned up this afternoon with half the stickers still on it...!

Well let's just say I'm a very happy bunny; and possibly a bit of a nerdy bunny, as I still haven't taken those stickers off :-D

I know many would call it 'safe', or 'boring', but I really needed to scratch my Sub itch and the 114060 was the beast to do it.
    So far I'm totally over the moon with it, think I must have adjusted the clasp about 50 times LOL, and absolutely love the look of the bezel and lugs, which is what I was most worried about.

Cheers,
    Tris

I bought this from the site last week but can't decide upon the strap, obviously its my favourite at the moment as I've been after one for ages ....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I do like those last two choices above - I haven't tried the non-date SubC - but owned the date version and there was something very right about the look and feel on the wrist. The 2254, is just such a lovely watch too and so versatile - great bargain too really for such an iconic watch - I slightly prefer the 2531, but there is nothing in it really.

Journeyman
    my only watch for 2015 so far was this

which now looks like this

A nice display case for my miniscule collection. At least they aren't all lying around the house now.

Master
    Two of note, both low end Seiko watches, but I chased both of these models all through 2014!

The 200m Solar wasn't even £100 and the limited edition monster not much more, but it's quite satisfying to now have them both at the same time!

Master
    Blog Entries
    This today as it's the only thing I've bought so far...