closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TOP GEAR back this Sunday

Master
    Chaps

The programme is basically good but it needs a revamp because it has got itself into a rut.

Mick

Master
    It was 1 hour of broadcast television that held my attention. That seems to be quite an achievement these days.

Journeyman
    Agree with others, was expecting more for some reason but same old, same old.

Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    It was 1 hour of broadcast television that held my attention. That seems to be quite an achievement these days.
    Agreed. It wasn't the most exciting of episodes but there will be some good stuff coming. I felt it when Hammond fell off. Twice.

This star in a car segment does nowt for me.

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    Perhaps, but it was the only reason why my wife watched it. She thought he was a bit weird - I concur . Previously however the slot has changed my perception of some people - Tom Cruise for example - proper petrol head.

Like most things it depends on the guest and how interesting they are. I would imagine it also drives ratings, plus who knows who get paid for what - do the guest pay TG to get publicity or does TG pay for the guest to appear??

Craftsman
    To me its almost "comfort viewing" - I watch it with my two boys (10 and 14) and we have a good laugh and enjoy it. The "its another race" isn't challenging and perhaps lazy TV but for a Sunday evening is relaxing and entertaining.

I love the star in a reasonably priced car bit, it comes at exactly the right time to make a coffee to keep me awake.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Perhaps, but it was the only reason why my wife watched it. She thought he was a bit weird - I concur . Previously however the slot has changed my perception of some people - Tom Cruise for example - proper petrol head.

Like most things it depends on the guest and how interesting they are. I would imagine it also drives ratings, plus who knows who get paid for what - do the guest pay TG to get publicity or does TG pay for the guest to appear??
    Doesn't matter much. TG is the world's highest rating TV series. Every episode draws 350 million viewers and in 2012 earned the Beeb £149m. Makes the few jaded comments on here fade into insignificance.

Agree. Always skip that bit.

But the rest is always entertaining. Always.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Wasn't the best was it? But still, better than the Kardashians!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Good book.
    Family game.
    Evening in/out with charming company.
    Over here there is always a salsa dancing evening somewhere in the region.
    To name but four things on a Sunday evening.
    ..and if you want to be entertained by the box, there is the HDMI cable to play whatever takes your fancy.
    It was a rhetorical question.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Wasn't the best was it? But still, better than the Kardashians!

Sawing your own testicles off with a blunt, rusty saw is better than the Kardashians.
    Last edited by Backward point; 26th January 2015 at 18:21. Reason: speelung

Craftsman
    is Jeremy still wearing his PO. he must like it as he has worn it for years

Quote Originally Posted by tintin View Post
    To me its almost "comfort viewing" - I watch it with my two boys (10 and 14) and we have a good laugh and enjoy it. The "its another race" isn't challenging and perhaps lazy TV but for a Sunday evening is relaxing and entertaining.
    Agree, its a bit of fun and nothing more. Its not a car review show nor a documentary. Just 3 middle aged men clowning around. I thought last nights episode was fantastic as did my 12yo who come close to wetting himself a few times. St Petersburg looked fantastic too

Yeah I recorded it and ff' d that bit too. Didn't even know,or care, who that kid was.
    Was a bit dull, iin parts. The st. Petersburg thing was funny! .
    looking forward to the honda nsx test.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sestrel View Post
    Yeah I recorded it and ff' d that bit too. Didn't even know,or care, who that kid was.
    Was a bit dull, iin parts. The st. Petersburg thing was funny! .
    looking forward to the honda nsx test.
    Come on grandad! Have you not listened to the radio or read the news in the past two years?

You always know what you're going to get with TG, but it's still great Sunday night viewing- even my wife doesn't mind watching :-). The links are getting a bit forced, but overall still fun.

Why is it still news to some that Top Gear is an entertainment show with a motoring theme, not a show about motoring? Now in its 22nd series!!!

"Three middle aged men mucking about, and some cars..." and long may it continue to be so.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Agree, its a bit of fun and nothing more. Its not a car review show nor a documentary. Just 3 middle aged men clowning around. I thought last nights episode was fantastic as did my 12yo who come close to wetting himself a few times. St Petersburg looked fantastic too
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin View Post
    Same here, its like chewing gum for your eyes. as long as you made peace (about 12 series ago) that it is entertainment, not information: it is a very enjoyable show.

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Come on grandad! Have you not listened to the radio or read the news in the past two years?
    Yes sonny, I have the wireless on every day, I just don't take any notice of the drivel.

the lambo other than colour did nowt for me, agree about Ed part he was a little bewildered or strange (cant decide)

Nsx looks interesting loved the old ones and also looking forward to i8 think it was in preview clip

To the caterham fans, tune in to sky 520 now - "how's it made - caterham seven"

Journeyman
    Road trip in Australia tonight with luxurious gt cars so should hopefully be much better than the opener last week.

What does the live audience do while we are watching the road trip,surely they don't just stand there and watch it,or is the programm edited to suit

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMO20 View Post
    Road trip in Australia tonight with luxurious gt cars so should hopefully be much better than the opener last week.
    And it was IMO, far better than last weeks. And those bush (no sniggering in the back) helicopter pilots must need wheelbarrows to push their plums around in!

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    What does the live audience do while we are watching the road trip,surely they don't just stand there and watch it,or is the programm edited to suit
    The audience segments are filmed mid week before the programme goes out

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    And it was IMO, far better than last weeks. And those bush (no sniggering in the back) helicopter pilots must need wheelbarrows to push their plums around in!

Totally agree, a much more entertaining episode and dare I say it I loved the Bentley, even in yellow! Indeed, I remember seeing those pilots on one of the Attenborough shows and thought they were mental then.

And those bush (no sniggering in the back) helicopter pilots must need wheelbarrows to push their plums around in!
    This docu (now on YouTube) was filmed when the Helimustering industry was just starting up:

Absolute BS on the second race, the GTR is way faster than the M6 or Conti i.e. around 6.5 secs to 100mph rather than 8-ish.

Not sure why they did that

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Absolute BS on the second race, the GTR is way faster than the M6 or Conti i.e. around 6.5 secs to 100mph rather than 8-ish.

Not sure why they did that
    I said exactly the same to Mrs Zen. I can only assume the second race was a rolling start or the extreme Outback heat was bad news for the GTR.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnthemull View Post
    Wishing Richard Hammond had died in the dragster crash? Hilarious!!

Think James May was wearing white faced Milgauss on last nights show

Quote Originally Posted by johnthemull View Post
    Me too but then he is family :)

Wishing Richard Hammond had died in the dragster crash? Hilarious!!
    Yea but he is "only joking"

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Think James May was wearing white faced Milgauss on last nights show
    Yep I spotted that too.

That was a good show last night. I'll take the Bentley please.