closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sales Corner

Craftsman

Sales Corner

is it possible to be able to view sales corner but not sell in it ? Looking to list an IWC, I have bought and sold on there before albeit along time ago, have the rules changed in recent years ?

Master
    Yes, there are various length of membership requirements (which you meet) but also posting requirements - regardless of you meeting the duration of membership criteria you need 250 posts to be able to post in SC (just 50 to view) from memory.

Edited to add that you could of course PM anyone who happens to have a WTB (in that subforum) for a similar watch.
    Last edited by fiddler69; 8th January 2015 at 14:31.

There is a post count and time requirement now.

Craftsman
    OK thanks , think it will be most post count thats failing me then

Before you log in this is on a bright yellow banner across the top of the forum:

'You can view Sales Corner if your post count is 50 or more and you have been registered as a member for 60 days or more. You can post in Sales Corner if your post count is 250 or more and you have been registered as a member for 180 days or more.'

Craftsman
    this caught me out to, i can't post in SC despite buying and selling there in the past.

Better get posting! (apologies in advance for the drivel)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Before you log in this is on a bright yellow banner across the top of the forum:

'You can view Sales Corner if your post count is 50 or more and you have been registered as a member for 60 days or more. You can post in Sales Corner if your post count is 250 or more and you have been registered as a member for 180 days or more.'
    This happens for me after I log-in as well. Probably because I don't have access (even after log-in).

I realise this hasn't added anything to this thread... but it has got me closer to the magical 50 posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
    This happens for me after I log-in as well. Probably because I don't have access (even after log-in).

I realise this hasn't added anything to this thread... but it has got me closer to the magical 50 posts!
    Another 3 weeks until you meet the 2 months registered requirement though :)

At the rate you're posting OP, it'll be a vintage watch by the time you gain access to SC.

Do make sure you get it serviced before then!

Quote Originally Posted by rsykes2000 View Post
    Another 3 weeks until you meet the 2 months registered requirement though :)
    We almost need this as a post-raiser and waiting room thread, don't we? A bit like the Forum of the Banned for newbies

Banned
    Seems like ages to be able to view the sales corner of you don't come on much!

Same here haha. Patience being a virtue (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    We almost need this as a post-raiser and waiting room thread, don't we? A bit like the Forum of the Banned for newbies

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Kier333 View Post
    And why do you think that is?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Same here haha. Patience being a virtue (apparently)
    11 posts in half an hour isn't my idea of patience.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    11 posts in half an hour isn't my idea of patience.
    But 44 posts in 15 months seems pretty patient?

Craftsman
    On a related topic, does anybody know why I can't post on threads in SC?
    I've only ever bought one watch there in the past but don't recall there being any problems.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coldwarkid View Post
    On a related topic, does anybody know why I can't post on threads in SC?
    I've only ever bought one watch there in the past but don't recall there being any problems.
    You can when you reach 250 posts.

Craftsman
    ok ta.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have been brousing/lurking on here for 5 years, used to be able view the SC before the new rules. At this rate it will take me another decade!

Craftsman
    Time soon goes. I think the wait is a good idea as it should help to stop wasters, crooks and other rip off merchants.

Master
    Blog Entries

Hope its worth the wait!

Journeyman
    I originally thought the criteria was a member for 60 days, and I didn't post.. on about the 59th day my user got deleted lol.. so started again

I think its a great idea

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Naesuk View Post
    Time soon goes. I think the wait is a good idea as it should help to stop wasters, crooks and other rip off merchants.
    And you don't want to be any of the above, just look to see what happens if you get reported as a villain, lol.

Ha-Ha, this thread seems designed to allow posters waiting to get on SC one gratuitous post! Does this count?

Actually, if I was in any hurry, I would have got there a long time ago! But the nearer you get........

Fill yer boots!

Craftsman
    at least it would keep all the speed posting in one place :)

Banned
    Same old speed posting tosh
    Posts number 51, 52, 53, 54, 55... all targeting Want To Buy ads.

Reggie, I'd study Sales Corner a little first, your suggested prices are shocking

Edit: Looks likes you're adding posts at a rate fit to set a record.
    Last edited by burnsey66; 10th January 2015 at 16:22. Reason: Quick Before He Gets Deleted...

Journeyman
    I understand and agree with the 250 post limit to sell in the SC, but it's annoying not being able to even post there. There's been a few occasions when I've wanted to reply to a post or ask a question, but I'm limited to PMs.
    Also, the same restriction seems to stop me being able to see attached images there. If a photo is hosted on a 3rd party site, then obviously that's not an issue, but if someone has attached an image I just get a link that I can't load.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooty View Post
    I understand and agree with the 250 post limit to sell in the SC, but it's annoying not being able to even post there. There's been a few occasions when I've wanted to reply to a post or ask a question, but I'm limited to PMs.
    Also, the same restriction seems to stop me being able to see attached images there. If a photo is hosted on a 3rd party site, then obviously that's not an issue, but if someone has attached an image I just get a link that I can't load.
    Whilst I understand your frustration, you've been on the forum plenty long enough to have reached the required post count! Just one post per day would have seen you with SC access ages ago.

Journeyman
    I'm quite enjoying the wait on balance. Being new to this watch obsession I think that waiting for access has perhaps slowed the carnage on my credit card and allowed time for for a little reflection.

(I wish I could say mature reflection but the wait has seen the odd impulse purchase)

Bob.

Banned
    As frustrating as it is I also think it's a good thing

burnsey66, I'm not really interested in what you suggest at all.
    I've been a member long enough and racked up the required amount of posts so for me to reply to WTB ads is surely my business and my business alone, no ? If replying is as you suggest, targeting, well hang me I guess.
    If I should need your advice on price policing, rest assured, I'll pop you off a PM.
    But please, in the meantime, have a coke and a smile.
    Last edited by reggie747; 10th January 2015 at 22:08. Reason: spell

I've been a member long enough and racked up the required amount of posts so for me to reply to WTB ads is surely my business and my business alone, no ? If replying is as you suggest, targeting, well hang me I guess.
    If I should need your advice on price policing, rest assured, I'll pop you off a PM.

Surely drugs isn't the answer!!

Banned
    It's a public forum, therefore, all business is everyone's business.

You speed posted to obtain enough posts to gain access to SC and WTB.

Your 51st and subsequent posts verify your intent.

I don't answer to PM's in respect of pricing. The Search facility provides that service.

I always smile, but there's far too much sugar in Coke.

Enjoy whatever you're here for.

Oh, I should have said. I didn't post for your interest, more a public service announcement.

burnsey66,

Thank you for the reminder of this being a public forum. I can now see why your avatar has you listed as a Grandmaster. (perhaps it should read "Advisory Capacity" in brackets) Commendable and excellent work.

Your assumption that I speed posted to gain access to the SC and WTB boards is wholly incorrect. I've been a member here since October 2013 but more of a reader than a poster.
    You're highlighting a selection of posts totalling around 10 in less than a 24hr period which isn't terribly high when you consider your 14,000+ since you signed up equals roughly just over 8 per day on average which would suggest more than 8 on some days and less on others. Where you ever "advised" you where speed posting I wonder ?

Whilst you claim you don't answer PM's in respect of pricing I see you're quite OK with price policing on the thread but, whoops, nearly forgot, this IS a public forum after all....

Maybe you are of a smiling disposition but of course I'll never know that whilst you take shelter behind your keyboard and monitor.

In response to your comment about enjoying whatever I'm here for well......I WAS trying to enjoy what I'm here for which is gaining a little bit of horology knowledge amongst other things but I hadn't betted on enduring a rather negative suggestive post from you.

By the way - keep up the good work won't you, Mr. Public Service Announcer. Oh, and have a truly wonderful day tomorrow.

Banned
    Crack on lad.

People can draw their own conclusions.

Lad ?

Are you addressing me ?

I'm sure people can and will draw their own conclusions if perhaps you'll let them......

Anyway ........ ....... I seem to be the type that reads more than posts. 250 is a struggle for me!

So what kind of forum would it be if everyone did that? Or shoud I say was so selfish?

Easy i was only saying how it is for me.. no need for the selfish line, any way i am trying to improve my post count !

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Crack on lad.

People can draw their own conclusions.
    My conclusion is you are the desperate forum type who really wants to be moderator and tries really hard to be one from the back seat.

Craftsman
    Im at the stage where i can now view. Even though i rarley sell i think that post count is going to get me if i decide to.

I'm sure people can and will draw their own conclusions if perhaps you'll let them......
    Yep, a quick glimpse at your posting history sorts that. 2 offers to sell watches and one to sell a camera in your last few posts.

Right ho.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    My conclusion is you are the desperate forum type who really wants to be moderator and tries really hard to be one from the back seat.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Yep, a quick glimpse at your posting history sorts that. 2 offers to sell watches and one to sell a camera in your last few posts.
    It wasn't a CAMERA, it was a lens. In your haste to reply did you speed read the post or just forget to put on your glasses.
    If you're going to sling MUD around, can you please make the effort for it to be the CORRECT MUD ????

Thank you
    Last edited by reggie747; 11th January 2015 at 12:24.

Master
    ^^^^^^^

As you've been here a while you'll know how out host feels about swearing outside the bear pit, might want to edit the post chap.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post

Right ho.
    But what harm?

He has been a member for 16 months, added a couple of posts ( 8 was it? ) fast at the end to finally break the 50 mark, then responded to a couple of wtb and now there is a witch hunt on. He could have PMed the watch to buy adds and no one would have been wiser.

Bizarre.

Master
    When dealing with an unknown quantity I find it best to follow the maxim of "Buy the seller".

With minimal activity in 16 months and suddenly a rash of responses to wtb's would cause me to ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    When dealing with an unknown quantity I find it best to follow the maxim of "Buy the seller". With minimal activity in 16 months and suddenly a rash of responses to wtb's would cause me to ask questions.
    That's buy the buyer, not sell the seller
    Gray