closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Straps, Tedious but please help.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Straps, Tedious but please help.

I have recently received a Glashutte Original Evolution Sport from Champagne James ( great deal with a superb seller!) and it's mega, it's such lovely piece and goes totally under the radar with non-wis. Love it!

However, like an issue I had with my PRS22 GMT, it seems that the strap has to sit just a little too close to the body of the watch resulting in the case effectively scratching away the outer layer of leather on the strap.

Can anyone suggest a way around this? Bent pins perhaps or a make of fine (Hirsch quality) strap that will fit? Any help gratefully received.

Thomas Reid
    Spring bars come in different diameters. Perhaps using a thinner one would help.

Best wishes,
    Bob

PS Or, as you say, a bent one. If you can get it to fit.
    RLF
    Last edited by rfrazier; 8th January 2015 at 13:32.

Master
    You can buy curved spring bars (or you could I suppose bend your own) - I have done that successfully on a PRS22 to address the same issue. Not sure if or to what extent it makes it less secure, however, i am also not sure a thinner strap would suit that (lovely) GO.

Not tedious at all, a very common problem as I found out when I had a SBIII. Curved spring bars are the answer, I've used them many times without any problems. Like these from ebay:

Cheap as chips. Just order the size you would normally order and you'll be fine.

David

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"

A fellow TZ member gave me a tip for bending springbars some years ago; it works a treat. Place a springbar between two dessert spoons and press firmly.

I think a fitted, curved end strap would look great on that watch (which itself is fantastic!).

Hi Jon!
    theres a link somewhere on here from someone who bought an original strap for one of those and it wasn't that expensive- I think they're "built up" at the ends to give a seamless fit and look right. Search function will be your friend....
    Nice catch!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If you do bend one, you may succeed in saving yourself the 2 or 3 quid it costs to buy a curved one. However at the very least please make sure you start with one which is 1mm too long as bending will doubtless shorten the spring bar and leave you with a potential catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    I think a fitted, curved end strap...
    For me, this is the best solution.

Journeyman
    If that's the OEM strap I'd be pretty unhappy.

Master
    I think this is the link mentioned above, i found it when looking at James' ad for the Evo

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ap-(PICS-ADDED!)

As some others have mentioned thought a curved end strap is probably the best bet, an original Glashutte Trieste would be great but it looks expensive!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Hi Jon!
    theres a link somewhere on here from someone who bought an original strap for one of those and it wasn't that expensive- I think they're "built up" at the ends to give a seamless fit and look right. Search function will be your friend....
    Nice catch!
    Not sure GO straps can be classed as 'not that expensive, although it's all relative:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...shutte+Trieste

edit- beaten to it!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That strap look superb. I may try a new Grand Duke with bent pins as I can't seem to find a fitted strap with the red stitch that is absolutely obligatory!

Master
    What size are you looking for, as might have a couple that are 20mm that I tried on the SBIII?

In a box of many springbars, at least the cureved ones should stand out if they are still there!

Matt

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That would be awesome mate. If it's not too much trouble. I wonder if one of these would fit??

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=281166284336

Master
    Found them, and have a thin pair of 20mm that arrived with a recent Hirsch strap which I'll throw in the post to see if any good.

Drop me a PM with your address & will get them posted tomorrow for you. If they don't work, just pass them on next time someone needs to try them.

I love the look of the Medici strap, toyed with one a few times but never made it to the actual purchase.

Matt

EEEK, I thought I'd read on here somewhere that someone hadpaid 90 quid or euros...I'll see if I can find it

Banned
    Blog Entries

Straps, Tedious but please help.

Just bought a Hirsch Medici.

I have the same watch with the OEM kevlar/fabric strap which is curved/fitted.
    Is your strap in the pic OEM?
    Here it is on the GMT version

The OEM bracelet is great too with a nifty micro adjustment feature
    Last edited by RAJEN; 8th January 2015 at 21:24.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The strap in the pic is a Hirsch. I've sourced OEM strap, but not a Kevlar and no with red stitch.

I had one of the OE straps for mine

but much preferred it on the bracelet
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57