closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch regrets 2014... Any?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Should I be more trusting, never been burnt yet, but there's always a first time.
    I've leaped before I have looked on here many times, it's always worked out very well for me.

On eBay, no I wouldn't do that. There's a reason we have the forum restrictions before SC is available.

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    I've leaped before I have looked on here many times, it's always worked out very well for me.

On eBay, no I wouldn't do that. There's a reason we have the forum restrictions before SC is available.
    +1 - buying the seller is what it's all about in the end and in general sellers are pretty damn reliable in SC.

On to watch regrets - none for me. 2014 ended with pretty damn well :)

But a bit of a collection rationalisation is required for 2015....

Master
    Thanks for the advice, I shall keep that in mind, ATB

Regrets, I had a few... ♪♫

Selling my Rolex GMT and Glashütte Panomatic, but both went to close friends so I have first dibs if they ever decide to sell. Maybe also that I sold my Breguet XXI.

All other regrets were dealt with by swiftly selling the watch in question again.

And then there was this great offer to buy a BNIB Lange Zeitwerk at a great discount, which I turned down after much consideration because I had just bought the Datograph. Sometimes I wonder if I should have bought it anyway.

Not buying an 80´s Zenith...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    No selling regrets but The seemingly common problem for watch enthusiasts of taking too long to decide to buy a watch that ends up being a very good deal and then selling in the mean time. Should I be more trusting, never been burnt yet, but there's always a first time.
    this for me too.. curse my dawdling.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    And then there was this great offer to buy a BNIB Lange Zeitwerk at a great discount, which I turned down after much consideration because I had just bought the Datograph. Sometimes I wonder if I should have bought it anyway.
    The answer to that is a resounding 'yes'...

I think that was my old watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    In the big scheme of things, taking into account the quality, VFM and uniqueness it would have to be this SKX007 military mod :

And it was lovely :-)

Cheers
    Tim

Master
    No regrets, I take my time buying and selling. I have a watch that I have negotiated a deal selling today. I thought about it first in October and said if in the NY I still wanted to sell I would.

Master
    No selling regrets, but I did regret buying a 16600 SD. It had been my grail for a while, but just didn't wear well enough. I don't regret trading it, as it got me my stunning JLC Deep Sea Memovox :)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    No regrets as such but I miss this

Stunning photo,, I dont think I could have let that one go,, one of these or a pepsi bezel gmt will hopefully be my next purchase