closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: JLC hunting

Blog Entries

JLC hunting

Having a troll today but good time yesterday in Harrods was interesting.

The Master Calender has been the preferred but I was really taken by the MUT.

I am hitting the shops today for further drolling.

Some sh1te pics.

Master

Top right!

Never really looked at JLC before but I'm loving the top right one!!👍

Chris

Master
    Yep the top right one (?Master Calender) is the one to have, though I cant help but feel that a date window would work better than the extra hand and the dates around the edge of the dial... dont like that at all...

I sold the MUT Moon and bought the Master Calendar. I found the lack of weight a little disconcerting, and also prefer the additional complications on the dial of the MC. In any event, they're bother wonderful watches.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Yep the top right one (?Master Calender) is the one to have, though I cant help but feel that a date window would work better than the extra hand and the dates around the edge of the dial... dont like that at all...
    I've got the previous Master Moon, and (similarly) often thought that the date around the subdial (a la MUT Moon) and a larger running seconds would work very well, or as you say a simple date window would make the design a bit cleaner. Having said that, the date hand is an interesting complication.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I sold the MUT Moon and bought the Master Calendar. I found the lack of weight a little disconcerting, and also prefer the additional complications on the dial of the MC. In any event, they're bother wonderful watches.
    That's an interesting slant from first hand experience.

Tried them both on in Selfridges today and WoS and as with Harrods yesterday all the sales folk are preferring the MUT and saying this is the better seller.

Mrs P is firmly in the Master Calender camp but still undecided.

Cheers chaps.

Paul

Blog Entries
    This is a better shot from Selfridges. The MUT looks bigger and cleaner but there is something really appealing about the MC.

Master
    Does the MC know how many days there are in each month (sorry dont know the technical term for this!)

(??annual calender)
    Last edited by ach5; 30th December 2014 at 16:45.

Does the MC know how many days there are in each month (sorry dont know the technical term for this!)

(??annual calender)
    No, it's just a triple date as opposed to an annual calendar.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    No, it's just a triple date as opposed to an annual calendar.
    Hmm that's disappointing at this price point (or are my expectations too high?)

Hmm that's disappointing at this price point (or are my expectations too high?)
    I think they might be - do you know a full in-house Annual Calendar complication at this money??

I had the previous version with the power reserve and I preferred that to the latest iteration. I am now beginning to rather deeply regret selling it.

Of those two, based on pics alone, it'd be the Moon for me. There is something magical about it.

Craftsman
    There have been some very nice JLCs on sales corner in recent months. I'm forcing myself to sit on my hands; I've already bought a 'nice' watch this year & have some other spends I need to make first...

Master
    Are these 60mm versions? If so, they're stunning!

Blog Entries
    39mm, the lovely sales bird had little hands......

Small hands, big cock. Not her of course.....

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    I think they might be - do you know a full in-house Annual Calendar complication at this money??

I had the previous version with the power reserve and I preferred that to the latest iteration. I am now beginning to rather deeply regret selling it.

Of those two, based on pics alone, it'd be the Moon for me. There is something magical about it.
    Omega?
    It's just a matter of time...

I couldn't buy any watch with the full 31 days of the month displayed on the dial - it's one of the reasons I couldn't buy any of the Non-Sport Pateks that I really liked, when I had the opportunity. To me it just looks wrong.
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    Both of these really appeal to me as well and deciding between them is really difficult. Leaning slightly towards the MUT on these pictures but am going to have to try them on some time.

Bob

PS Am also a long distance Canary supporter on account of growing up in Norwich. Looks like its turning into a frustrating season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    This is a better shot from Selfridges. The MUT looks bigger and cleaner but there is something really appealing about the MC.

Blog Entries
    Tell me about it Bob...... Cracking start to the season and then totally crap. Being a season ticket holder it has been painful but light at the end of the tunnel with the last last few results and performances............and then Sunday........

Our jolly away has taken in Bicester on route to a stay in Reading where I was looking forward to seeing another rout away from home. How wrong could I have been.

Still a few days here in London have helped the pain with some retail therapy and sitting in nice stores looking and JLC's.

They are both stunning, elegant time pieces and really make the PAM look like a breast of a thing. If I was totally sure of the MUT I would jump on the cracker on SC but it just out my reach today. This purchase after all is for my big birthday in 2015.

Paul

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Tell me about it Bob...... Cracking start to the season and then totally crap. Being a season ticket holder it has been painful but light at the end of the tunnel with the last last few results and performances............and then Sunday........

Our jolly away has taken in Bicester on route to a stay in Reading where I was looking forward to seeing another rout away from home. How wrong could I have been.

Still a few days here in London have helped the pain with some retail therapy and sitting in nice stores looking and JLC's.

They are both stunning, elegant time pieces and really make the PAM look like a breast of a thing. If I was totally sure of the MUT I would jump on the cracker on SC but it just out my reach today. This purchase after all is for my big birthday in 2015.

Paul
    Yep the sparkling start was just to torment us with hope. And then Ipswich only have to go on a run.
    No access to SC yet but am waiting patiently. No doubt the MUT wiil be gone before I get there (along with the genome sequencer I heard about)

MUT is a great watch, classic, understated.

It's got to be the MUT for me. I spent a long time coverting the master calender but the cleaner lines and dial of the MUT just do it for me now

Craftsman
    MUT. When you try it on, it just feels right. Top of my list for my next watch.

Journeyman

I've been in love with the MUT Moon since I saw the first photos

but when seeing it in flesh I was struck by the sweeping second hand. It simply makes me nervous, it interacts with and destroys the ideal proportions of the dial.

My vote is in favour of the classical MC.