Time for a quick state of the collection post, at least as it currently stands in the closing days of 2014. Click the image for a bigger version:

The focus of my collection is exclusively British military pieces. Of course I prefer issued watches, but for the models that are hard to find or beyond my budget, I'm happy to accept a similar civilian example or a quality reissued piece as long as it sufficiently evokes the spirit of the original. So at the moment the collection includes the following:

CWC Royal Navy Diver - 1995 issue

CWC W10 - 1979 issue

CWC G10 - 1989 issue (this is my gym / yardwork watch)

Hamilton 7733 chrono - 1972 RAF issued, although I think it may also have a connection to another service branch; the original number has been machined off and overstamped with 6BB.

Hamilton Geneve 6bb - 1974 issue

Hamilton GS Tropicalized - unknown year, but in fabulous shape

Omega Seamaster 300 - Watchco date version (not a military piece, but it's related to one and also I love it)

Omega WWW - MOD dial, pencil hands, on a Rios clip strap that I thought looked similar to the original

Smiths W10 - 1968 issue

Smiths PRS-29a - Timefactors reissue

Precista G10s - Both years, the 1982 fat case and the 1984 thin case

Precista PRS-82 - Timefactors reissue (one of 200)

I can't really call my collection complete yet, but I'm off to a good start. I would eventually like to add a 6B/159, a Hamilton 6B or IWC Mark 11 (hah!), and a '53 Omega. The search continues...

The box these watches are sitting in is sort of interesting all on its own. It's one of three identical ones I picked up from an English surplus equipment dealer. These were originally used to store electronic test equipment for Ferranti, so there's the MOD connection. Specifically I believe these would probably have been used in conjunction with the manufacture or maintenance of military sonar gear. These boxes are really well-made and must have cost H.M. Government more than a few quid when new. Not pictured is the nicely-constructed set of wooden interior dividers that removed because they're not the right size for wristwatches.

Thanks for looking, and here's wishing a happy new year to all.

- Matt