closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bit of help please valuing a 14060 Sub

Craftsman

Bit of help please valuing a 14060 Sub

Hi all,
    I'm In the process of doing a deal to help someone out with a P serial 14060. It is boxed but missing its papers but it does have a Rolex service receipt dated 2007. Its in very clean condition on its bracelet. I normally only buy full sets, what is the concensus of opinion on its value probably to keep initial but maybe to move on.
    Regards

Master
    Blog Entries
    2700 -2800 imo

Not a full set and last serviced 7 or 8 years ago so must be due one soon.

I'd say probably under three grand but I'm sure the more knowledgeable will be along soon.

Craftsman
    Thanks guys.

Grand Master
    You would be safe @ £2100 on that
    RIAC

Craftsman
    I would have thought £2.5k to £2.7k as then even factoring in a service it will be less than £3k for a nice ND sub. If they will take £2.1k I'm sure there would be a queue!

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    You would be safe @ £2100 on that
    Very safe.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    Very safe.
    A reasonable to good ND would be £2800-£3k complete

No papers less 20% max puts us around £2400-£2500 and factor in a service at £450 ergo you would spend £2100 on the watch, £450 on a service and have a no original papers Sub ND that should fetch £2500-£2700 privatly
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Yes, I don't want to have his pants down so was thinking £2350

There was a fairly beat up ND sub on here without a bracelet sold for around £2100 recently.

No papers less 20% max puts us around £2400-£2500 and factor in a service at £450 ergo you would spend £2100 on the watch, £450 on a service and have a no original papers Sub ND that should fetch £2500-£2700 privatly
    I know how to price up a ND sub pal ;)

Craftsman
    Even if it has a shiny bracelet attached? Would that not push the price up a little?

Or would you still go for £2.1k?

Grand Master
    Personally I would just buy a full set for the little extra you need to spend as it will always be a better long term investment, theres no questionability and when it gets alot older its always nice having the bits and bobs
    RIAC

Master
    £2.5-3

Craftsman

Bang on

I see the ND Subs a little higher. Yes, you do see them every once and a while for around £3k for an older used model - but not that often, and I know a few people that have picked theirs up very recently for between £3200 and £3600, I sold one of my full set 2 liners when I was offered £3600 for it. COSC's seem to be fetching very good money with the right buyers at the minute, but then so they should be list was around £4190, and they were the last old style Rolex sports model available - they sell very well at the minute.

I think the main thing is, they sell well at a range of prices - but the price will reflect the specific watch. There are very good condition watches and tired looking watches with stretched bracelets.
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    I`d be far more concerned about the condition rather than the lack of papers, which will only make £200-£250 difference IMO. Check that all the links are present, often a watch without it's B & P has links missing too.

I`m assuming the watch has Rolex papers with the 2007 service? If so, that helps mitigate against the original paperwork being missing.

I`m thinking of selling a 2002 Datejust shortly that hasn`t got box or papers, and I`m considering having it serviced to help it sell/fetch a bit more. Recent service papers from a Rolex accredited repairer are a big plus for a loose watch IMO.

As for the value of the Sub, provided it's running OK and the cosmetic condition is good, I`d say around £2600-£2700. Cosmetic condition has to be considered, don`t believe anyone who says they're like new after Rolex refinishing........that depends on the state of the watch. If it's got big dings in the wrong places it can`t be made 'like new' again.

Paul

Absolutely Paul - but as Kerry says above, if you are in the market to buy, it t probably makes more sense to pay a little more for a full set. I have 2 modern Ploprofs, one virtually mint and the other the most well worn PP I have seen - I prefer wearing the scarred version, and would have not issue with buying a marked up watch again because of it - that said, I'd like that reflected in the price I was paying ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Thanks guys,
    Deal done, I wasn't looking to buy one but this has surfaced and the owner wanted to sell but wasn't used to selling watches. He had been offered a really lowball offer of £1800 by one dealer. I just wanted to help out and not see him ripped off but be able to move it on if I need to. At the price I have payed I can do that. I will probably pop it on a Bond nato I have and wear it for a while instead of the LV which is my daily. Thanks again for the input, I love this forum.
    Cheers Craig

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by t955daytona View Post
    He had been offered a really lowball offer of £1800 by one dealer. I just wanted to help out and not see him ripped off
    Cheers Craig
    Whoever that dealer was he wasn't lowballing he was making a reasonable offer as a business, personally I would have politely declined it rather than buy it as complete items are alot easier to sell just like I am currently looking for a motorbike across the usual forums and the amount that have 'just needs registering' or 'a couple of small repairs to make it roadworthy' you think to yourself why dont you just do it?
    RIAC

Whoever that dealer was he wasn't lowballing he was making a reasonable offer as a business, personally I would have politely declined it rather than buy it as complete items are alot easier to sell just like I am currently looking for a motorbike across the usual forums and the amount that have 'just needs registering' or 'a couple of small repairs to make it roadworthy' you think to yourself why dont you just do it?
    I'd say 2100 was about right, which I'd guess was around the figure you paid.

3-3.2k for a nice B&P example privately, that doesn't need an imminent service.
    less 20% for no papers takes you to 2.5/2.6
    less circa 450 for service gives you 2.1 ish
    Bearing in mind the dealer has to make a profit (and he wouldn't be giving it an RSC service) I'd say 1800 was there or thereabouts.
    And prices are never as strong around Xmas