closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: STOLEN - IWC Fliegeruhr/Pilot's Chronograph Ref. 3717 (3564351)

Apprentice

STOLEN - IWC Fliegeruhr/Pilot's Chronograph Ref. 3717 (3564351)

Hi all - first time poster but I read online that this was a good place to flag a stolen watch.

My IWC Pilot's Chronograph got stolen in the early hours of Friday night/Saturday morning (about 1:30am) near Finsbury Park station in North London - whilst walking down Seven Sisters Road towards Holloway Road. It was a case of deception-style pickpocketing: two young guys walking towards me as I walked down the road, both acting drunk, grabbed me on either side and tussled me about "playfully" before disappearing. By the time I'd checked my pockets and then realised my watch was missing, they were both long gone. Absolutely gutted but at least it was non-violent/not done at knife point.

The watch is an IWC Fliegeruhr/Pilot's Chronograph Ref. 3717 (so previous version to the current one). The Serial Number is 3564351. It has been worn as a bit of a beater, so the case has a number of scratches/marks on it, and the original black leather strap has seen better days.

I've got the police on the case, have registered it stolen on immobilise.com and am in the process of registering it stolen with IWC. It would be great if people could keep an eye out for it - although I appreciate it isn't exactly rare. Any other advice on action to take/people to contact/other message boards to post on would be very much appreciated.

Any information, please contact me on here or at pjmail83-watch at yahoo.co.uk.

Many thanks – also please let this be a salient reminder to take extra care when out and about,

PJ

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear this. Hope they catch the bastards.

Sorry to hear about this, at least you weren't hurt though.

I know that area quite well, it can get a bit rough at times but that's London for you. Islington has some real extremes of wealth and hardship.

Journeyman
    I have the same watch and know how hard I looked to find a good every day watch. It ticks a lot of boxes. Good news is that the whole saga was non-violent. Nonetheless, sorry to hear of your tragic news. I would advise on keeping an eye on sites like Gumtree, cash converters and local pawn brokers etc.

Really unfortunate, sorry to hear that. As you say, at least it was non confrontational.
    Keep an eye on eBay, really hope you get it back.

Master
    Having witnessed a similar attempt first hand in Amsterdam it's amazing how quickly these things happen.

As you say the only positive is that no violence was used, let's hope the Police find them no matter how slim the chances are.

Journeyman
    I would also suggest that you do your own research about any CCTV, which maybe available on buildings / land nearby, which may have picked up the incident.