closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dodgy Christmas jumpers

Master

Dodgy Christmas jumpers

As seems popular amongst the young people, we are having a Christmas jumper day at work next week. I thought I might surprise the team by playing the game as I'm not normally known for my fun loving approach.

Looking at this one http://m.shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/manc...spx?pid=151200

Anyone seen anything even tackier than this available for the gentleman with fuller figure? (For the Americans its a sweater)

Next are doing a range of Christmas jumpers, including this one:

http://www.next.co.uk/g672128s4#696323g67

A bit cheaper than that Citeh one.

This would suit you better.

Craftsman

This one?

Asda are doing one with a see through pocket (middle lower chest) to put your mobile in. You then download an app. showing Xmas lights to light it up!

Rod

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Asda are doing one with a see through pocket (middle lower chest) to put your mobile in. You then download an app. showing Xmas lights to light it up!

Rod
    Rod, that is a very nice idea and should be popular with those 'of a certain type'. Perhaps in addition, a transparent waterproof pocket on the back so the astute wearer can carry a tactical torch, a tactical table tennis bat and a few MRE packs!

Funnily enough, I was discussing the Christmas Jumper thing with a mate the other day. A few years ago we were all laughing at Colin Firth in his in the film Bridget Jones. Now apparently they are the thing to wear.

The retail fashion industry really must be laughing...

OP - find the most ridiculous thing you can and wear it with a knowing wink ;)

Blog Entries
    Stupid idea all this "fun" at work and if anybody can blow good money on this tat they are truly blessed

Quote Originally Posted by BRGS View Post
    As seems popular amongst the young people, we are having a Christmas jumper day at work next week. I thought I might surprise the team by playing the game as I'm not normally known for my fun loving approach.

Looking at this one http://m.shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/manc...spx?pid=151200

Anyone seen anything even tackier than this available for the gentleman with fuller figure? (For the Americans its a sweater)
    Thats hilarious - thanks for the link as thats sorted Christmas for a City supporting mate!

Being somewhat adrift from fashion trends I was astonished last Christmas when we turned up to a drinks party with a number of neighbours in attendance and greeted with the sight of several normally staid, conservative chaps sporting the most ridiculous and garish ‘Christmas jumpers’.

I honestly thought it was some form of bizarre practical joke for a while.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Thanks for the contributions chaps, so up to now I've got one that makes me look like a scally, one with humping Rudolph and one I have to go into Asda for. Also a few laughs so thanks for those.

On the same lines as the iphone one I have seen one with a fireplace and stockings, It had a pocket for an iPad and it had a fire going on it!

Another classy effort

Make sure you wear the rest of the gear like Harry

Blog Entries
    At both my daughters' (Secondary) and son's (primary) schools they are doing a "Christmas Jumper" day in aid of charity - you get to wear non-uniform and preferably a snazzy (read dodgy) Xmas jumper to school and pay £1 for the privilege.

I can't help wondering how much will be spent on the jumpers, which the kids are unlikely to wear again. What a waste.....would have been better off giving all the money to a good cause. As has been said, the retailers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Add : just seen the "Save the Children" ad above - didn't realise it was a national thing. Still, same applies.........
    Last edited by vagabond; 5th December 2014 at 15:40.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    At both my daughters' (Secondary) and son's (primary) schools they are doing a "Christmas Jumper" day in aid of charity - you get to wear non-uniform and preferably a snazzy (read dodgy) Xmas jumper to school and pay £1 for the privilege.

I can't help wondering how much will be spent on the jumpers, which the kids are unlikely to wear again. What a waste.....would have been better off giving all the money to a good cause. As has been said, the retailers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Add : just seen the "Save the Children" ad above - didn't realise it was a national thing. Still, same applies.........
    Long history of boosting the wool trade - Elizabeth I made a law that all children under the age of ten must wear a woollen bonnet on Sunday. Did the sheep farmers and wool brokers a heap of good!

Few quid to the fundraiser and you can have one of these

The christmas tree lights up

They are mine from last year but obviously only worn once

Quote Originally Posted by jordan-arch View Post

Another classy effort
    What on earth is Russell Brand doing on a jumper,!

Quote Originally Posted by vinstink View Post
    Few quid to the fundraiser and you can have one of these

They are mine from last year but obviously only worn once
    I have that one on the right wore it two ears ago and won the worst jumper competition that we have every black eye friday
    this is this years entry http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Christmas-...item462e267ed1

Craftsman
    This might go down well, Grandma Trampled Christmas Jumper by Tipsy Elves. Wish I could find a way of posting photo but check out the website. Just make sure nobody's grandma has passed away recently....... And don't buy as it crap. Do people really buy this stuff?

Hmmmm, just like Halloween, throwaway clothes knocked up by people / kids in faraway countries for a pittance, knock yourselves out

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Hmmmm, just like Halloween, throwaway clothes knocked up by people / kids in faraway countries for a pittance, knock yourselves out
    Quite the contrary for the majority ive seen

My two for example are made in England

Most are, kind of a cottage industry

The likes of eBay and Primark aside

Quote Originally Posted by vinstink View Post
    I stand corrected,,,,for those not made in sweat shops,,,,Merry Christmas