timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 1514

Thread: It's winter boot time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Did your mum turn your jeans up?
    Well spotted lad, that’s the problem with my Levi’s 501 these days, made all over the place and the old sizes I’m used to don’t work for all of them. Mum says hello btw.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    Very nice and extremely comfortable. Did you get a tub of leather conditioned and soft cleaning brush included with yours? I was very pleasantly surprised when i opened the box!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    Went for M120 ,normal size with thin insole ,perfect .
    Another thread on here which has cost me! I'd had been looking for some hiker style boots and had never heard of Fracap until now. I ordered a pair of M120s from a UK stockist which arrived yesterday and at first glance they seem very good quality even for their full RRP as no discount was available. As I only wanted a brown leather pair with a black commando sole my options were limited. The shade of brown (305) which I have ended up with is quite a dark chocolate type, which I do like, but my choice would probably been something a bit lighter like 750. That got me looking into having a custom pair made by Fracap. According to their website taxes are not included although I assume local Italian tax is but when placing a dummy order the full EURO 315 was going to be paid without any deduction of local taxes for export outside of the EU which would make them much more expensive than UK stockists. Has anyone ordered directly from Fracap and, if so, was the price paid the website price (EURO) in full plus UK duty and import tax? Thanks.

Also, talking of of colours, are those in the picture Arabian 725? As some pictures make them look either a red or orange brown.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    Another thread on here which has cost me! I'd had been looking for some hiker style boots and had never heard of Fracap until now. I ordered a pair of M120s from a UK stockist which arrived yesterday and at first glance they seem very good quality even for their full RRP as no discount was available. As I only wanted a brown leather pair with a black commando sole my options were limited. The shade of brown (305) which I have ended up with is quite a dark chocolate type, which I do like, but my choice would probably been something a bit lighter like 750. That got me looking into having a custom pair made by Fracap. According to their website taxes are not included although I assume local Italian tax is but when placing a dummy order the full EURO 315 was going to be paid without any deduction of local taxes for export outside of the EU which would make them much more expensive than UK stockists. Has anyone ordered directly from Fracap and, if so, was the price paid the website price (EURO) in full plus UK duty and import tax? Thanks.

Also, talking of of colours, are those in the picture Arabian 725? As some pictures make them look either a red or orange brown.
    In case anyone is interested I got mine from Endclothing.

Master
    In case anyone is interested I got mine from Endclothing.
    That's where I got mine from as they only had one pair left in a size 9/43 in the 305 Dark Brown colour. I assume yours are the 725 Arabian?

I've just emailed Fracap about whether they deduct Italian tax (looks like VAT there is 22%) and if they do I will return mine and go for a custom order as I can choose a lighter brown and I'm probably a size 8.5 as well. If they don't then I'll stick with these.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post

Yes ,725

Master
    I've just taken delivery of my first Trickers from Mr Porter as they were in their sale but first impressions are they might be a touch small. They only had 8.5 in their sale and I'm a 9 generally so knew it was a gamble but still disappointed as I was after a chunky soled chukka boot in brown so the Evedons were ideal .

In case it's of use to anyone, they have one pair of Evedon left in a 7 and one black suede Trickers Bernwood boot in 8.5 at just £224 compared to a retail of £560 so quite a bargain.

Linky https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/sale/shoes

If anyone has as new Trickers boots in 9 to trade for an 8.5 pm me. I can return mine but will offer them for sale here before I do.
    Last edited by deepreddave; 23rd January 2024 at 15:58.

Ignore this until I figure out how to attach photos on the app.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tony; 24th January 2024 at 11:06.

Red Wing 30% off for 1 day only with code LOVE30

At Scorpion Shoes. Red Wing Moc Toe at £205.

https://www.scorpionshoes.co.uk/bran...e--low-to-high

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I've just taken delivery of my first Trickers from Mr Porter as they were in their sale but first impressions are they might be a touch small. They only had 8.5 in their sale and I'm a 9 generally so knew it was a gamble but still disappointed as I was after a chunky soled chukka boot in brown so the Evedons were ideal .

In case it's of use to anyone, they have one pair of Evedon left in a 7 and one black suede Trickers Bernwood boot in 8.5 at just £224 compared to a retail of £560 so quite a bargain.

Linky https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/sale/shoes

If anyone has as new Trickers boots in 9 to trade for an 8.5 pm me. I can return mine but will offer them for sale here before I do.
    Strange as Tricker's tend to size larger. I wear a 9 in some trainers, but a 7 or 7.5 in many Tricker's.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Strange as Tricker's tend to size larger. I wear a 9 in some trainers, but a 7 or 7.5 in many Tricker's.

Yeah, think the 4444 last in particular sizes up quite a bit in various models but these were very true to size. Gutted but they've gone back for a refund as I've no local shop that stocks Trickers so I'm left with paying postage to try online in the hope I get the right size. Have some Henry's arriving shortly so maybe this time, otherwise I'll wait till I can try on in person and stick to brands I know.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Yeah, think the 4444 last in particular sizes up quite a bit in various models but these were very true to size. Gutted but they've gone back for a refund as I've no local shop that stocks Trickers so I'm left with paying postage to try online in the hope I get the right size. Have some Henry's arriving shortly so maybe this time, otherwise I'll wait till I can try on in person and stick to brands I know.
    I wear a 7 in 4444 last, 7.5 in 4497s last and 8 in 2298 last.

But, even then there's slight variances with leather type. At the end of the day, these are mostly handmade boots, and if the boot maker was having a bad day, the leather might be more stretched.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I wear a 7 in 4444 last, 7.5 in 4497s last and 8 in 2298 last.

But, even then there's slight variances with leather type. At the end of the day, these are mostly handmade boots, and if the boot maker was having a bad day, the leather might be more stretched.

That's useful to know thanks, although lots of online comments and Trickers own site suggests often true to size too so quite the lottery! I've some Henry's arriving shortly in 7.5 on the basis they fit a 9 so good to know that you have several that have worn that large. Given they use the same lasts it hardly seems rocket science to cut them so that they are more true to size than 2 sizes big?! CnJ don't have that problem, neither do Grenson or Paraboot ime.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post

put a pair of copper Moc Toe 1907’s in the basket but spent too long dithering if a size 10 will fit that they’d gone before I could check out.

Pity that the soles of Moc Toes are made of cheese, as the uppers are completely bulletproof.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Pity that the soles of Moc Toes are made of cheese, as the uppers are completely bulletproof.
    I found the soles are more robust than I first thought but agree, they don’t last long enough. I’ve resoled my 675s once already and will need redone next year

Master

Thanks for the heads up code LOVE30 works across the site - ordered a pair of 8 inch moc toe in tan top go with my 6" brown

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice one new 875s on the way. Half tempted to give the 1907s a go too

Craftsman
    I have both and I prefer the 1907's over the 875s. They are less orange and less bulky. It is also slightly wider and shorter and fits me a lot better although I wear the 1907s half a size up from the 875s.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andytyc View Post
    I have both and I prefer the 1907's over the 875s. They are less orange and less bulky. It is also slightly wider and shorter and fits me a lot better although I wear the 1907s half a size up from the 875s.
    That’s good info, didn’t realise they were a different last.

My 8138s arrived. First impressions taking out of the box was that I made a mistake and they looked huge. I grabbed my Red Wing chukkas and side by side, looked normal. A great deal at this price.

Found a pair of RW Moc Toe 8890 in their Rough & Tough black leather for £209 on Mr Porter.
    I’ve already got two pairs of RW Chukkas sized 10 but went for a size 9.5 in the Mocs, fingers crossed.

I’ve had my 1907’s for 6 years and not needed re-soling yet - admittedly worn in rotation with some other boots. They’ll probably need doing next year.

To be fair though, they’re pretty much the most comfy boots I have, only my Paraboot Chambord get close (shoes).

Sanjay

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sparmar1;6354171only my Paraboot Chambord get close (shoes).

Sanjay

Sent from my iPhone using [URL="http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93669"
    TZ-UK mobile app[/URL]

Paraboot and R.M. Williams are pampering my feet, I love those Paraboot rubber soles.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

I have heard Alden Indy’s recommended a few times, and they are very pricey. But came across this recent review and they seem unreassuringly expensive.

https://youtu.be/aQcKLkVNpCw?si=bOzOgOxjZ4ayV5_N

Master
    I have heard Alden Indy’s recommended a few times, and they are very pricey. But came across this recent review and they seem unreassuringly expensive.

https://youtu.be/aQcKLkVNpCw?si=bOzOgOxjZ4ayV5_N
    I don't think that reviewer is rated very highly, he is sponsored by a few cheaper brands he advertises and that compete with established brands.

However, Indy's are definitely less solid than classic English brands like C&J. They are softer, more comfortable, but wear faster too. How fast, that is a good question? Mine are from 2016 and still look like they should, and they are by far the most comfortable boots that I have. If you want expensive and super solid boots, look for Viberg.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I don't think that reviewer is rated very highly, he is sponsored by a few cheaper brands he advertises and that compete with established brands.

However, Indy's are definitely less solid than classic English brands like C&J. They are softer, more comfortable, but wear faster too. How fast, that is a good question? Mine are from 2016 and still look like they should, and they are by far the most comfortable boots that I have. If you want expensive and super solid boots, look for Viberg.

I’m super happy with the 2 pairs of Viberg’s owned, seem like they would last a lifetime.

Thanks for the pics of your Alden Indy’s, I’ve been tempted for a while but been on the fence due to the suspect build stuff going around.

They do look fab though and I’ve always been a big Indy fan so will now have to succumb!

Sanjay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up the last pair which also happened to be my size.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone tried getting resolved with vibram soles.

There’s this version.

https://www.redwinglondon.com/collec.../products/8146

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sparmar1 View Post
    I’m super happy with the 2 pairs of Viberg’s owned, seem like they would last a lifetime.

Thanks for the pics of your Alden Indy’s, I’ve been tempted for a while but been on the fence due to the suspect build stuff going around.

They do look fab though and I’ve always been a big Indy fan so will now have to succumb!

Sanjay

Thanks Sanjay, I also have two pairs of Vibergs, but Indy's are definitely a good different style boot!

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Found a pair of RW Moc Toe 8890 in their Rough & Tough black leather for £209 on Mr Porter.
    I’ve already got two pairs of RW Chukkas sized 10 but went for a size 9.5 in the Mocs, fingers crossed.
    So, my RW’s arrived size 9.5 as ordered. Advertised as 9.5 UK size they are actually a 9.5 USA sized, so actually an 8.5 UK

Now I know how one of Cinderella’s ugly sisters feels!

However, this weekend we happen to celebrating my birthday in Bristol (at the Dead Man’s Fingers distillery) and there’s a store 100 yards away called Cooshti that sells Red Wings.
    They’ve got RW’s and Danners with Moc Toes at £289 with 25% off!
    I happen to be wearing my RW Chukkas size 10 and the Moc Toes fit perfectly the same size. So absolutely no need to size down IMO.
    It’s an early very happy birthday to me.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    There’s this version.

https://www.redwinglondon.com/collec.../products/8146

Thanks for that

Yep I have had 2 pairs done now.
    They were done by this guy https://www.thebrentfordcobbler.com/

Liking these but not available in my size.
    Possible further -20% with email signup. Calf leather/suede and Norwegian double welted.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Yep I have had 2 pairs done now.
    They were done by this guy https://www.thebrentfordcobbler.com/
    Great stuff,saved for future use.

It's winter boot time

Great stuff,saved for future use.
    Ouch! £140 for RW sole replacement.

Ouch! £140 for RW sole replacement.
    Expensive? Yes, but he is good. Obviously he has overheads and needs to make a living like the rest of us, if looked after the boots will last a life time.
    I don’t object paying the cost and it’s not like it’s done every month. 1 pair a year at most.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 25th February 2024 at 13:26.

Having emigrated to the smoke 35 years ago, I am used to paying the London tax. But, I also shop around.

Not used them but a few good Google reviews on folk who have had their Red Wings resoled. Also trustpilot looks good. £45 plus £8 postage.

Master

It's winter boot time

My. 8” tan to accompany my 6”

All these pics of Red Wing Moc Toes's makes me fancy a pair. How does the sizing compare to Iron Rangers....anyone advise? I'm a standard UK 8 in every make on the planet ....except my Iron Rangers in which I'm a comfy 7.

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    All these pics of Red Wing Moc Toes's makes me fancy a pair. How does the sizing compare to Iron Rangers....anyone advise? I'm a standard UK 8 in every make on the planet ....except my Iron Rangers in which I'm a comfy 7.
    Same here, as in a UK8 in pretty much everything, I take a UK7.5 in the 1907 - perfect for me with or without thick socks.

My feet are pretty wide mind…
    Sanjay

Master
    I’m a 9.5 in most things, my Moc Toes are a 9 with plenty of room wearing thick socks. Next time I might even try an 8.5 first.

Master
    I just cannot buy into those cream/white soles, my OCD would have me cleaning them for longer than I would wear them!

Can’t help with Iron Rangers but after trying them on in store I bought a pair of RW Moc Toe’s last Saturday sized 10, same size as my RW Chukka’s. The 9.5s were just a bit too snug, these have a little bit of wriggle room with enough for a thick pair of socks.
    If you can I’d definitely recommend trying on in store.

Master
    Having emigrated to the smoke 35 years ago, I am used to paying the London tax. But, I also shop around.

Not used them but a few good Google reviews on folk who have had their Red Wings resoled. Also trustpilot looks good. £45 plus £8 postage.
    Migrate… same country.

Be careful as they come in two width sizes, D and EE. So whether you size down and by how much depends on the width of the boot you are buying. Always best to try on. I have just sent a pair back, but it was easy as the return was in store.

The EE width are often hard to get in the UK, and the half sizes can be to some extent. I’ve got 1907 Mocs a half size down at 7.5, normally I’m a size 8 with wide feet. They’ve taken a couple of months to break in but are almost there now. Looking to get some RW Chukkas soon if anyone has any feedback on sizing for those.

Now 25% off using code LEAP25

Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post
    The EE width are often hard to get in the UK, and the half sizes can be to some extent. I’ve got 1907 Mocs a half size down at 7.5, normally I’m a size 8 with wide feet. They’ve taken a couple of months to break in but are almost there now. Looking to get some RW Chukkas soon if anyone has any feedback on sizing for those.
    Chukkas = True to size

I've got a pair of 875 Mocs and go a 1/2 size down to a 7.5 too.