closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Jeans Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Sorry no idea. Great jeans though and spot on customer service.

Blurb

Hi there,

I wanted you to give you the heads up:
    On Monday morning, we are reluctantly having to increase our prices.
    In essence, all of our suppliers have had to put their prices up. I even got a letter from our Milk man this week saying the same.
    And, ultimately, we are down river of all of them.
    If we want to stay in business, we need to do the same.
    I am proud that we work with the best mills. The best denim. The best buttons. Rivets. Thread. And the best grandmasters sew the jeans.
    I love that we make one of best pairs of jeans on the planet. And, hopefully, for the planet.
    So I very much want to stay in business. I want Hiut to be here in 100 years time.
    So yeah, I just wanted to give you a heads up.
    We will be increasing the prices of our jeans on Monday morning. So for now, grab a pair of Hiut's for today's price rather than Monday's.
    Thank you again for all your support and believing in us.
    Inflation sucks.
    Best from the west,
    I like what they do but am yet to try a pair!

To be fair they should be for £300+

Quote Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
    I’m just going to start breaking in some Ironheart 888s.
    It’s my first pair of Ironhearts, I really like the fit and the quality seems spot on.

Cheers

At the lower end of the market, does anyone know the difference between uniqlo U sub-brand and their standard offering in terms of fit?

Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    At the lower end of the market, does anyone know the difference between uniqlo U sub-brand and their standard offering in terms of fit?
    I've some U brand 'T's and they are excellent in terms of fit and quality.
    Bought on the back of a Flipboard fashion recommendation. Don't know about jeans in U brand as I only buy their selvedge

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    To be fair they should be for £300+
    Yes your right £300 is a lot for jeans, but over the last few years as I’ve dipped my toes into the quality denim market I’ve realised sometimes you get what you pay for and imo these are top quality which will last a very longtime.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I've some U brand 'T's and they are excellent in terms of fit and quality.
    Bought on the back of a Flipboard fashion recommendation. Don't know about jeans in U brand as I only buy their selvedge
    They have the U jeans in selvedge, possibly only in selvedge.

Craftsman
    I've been looking at some Uniqlo selvedge jeans seem a reasonable place to start at a good price

https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product...ns-447649.html

I looked at the unbranded brand but the length puts me off a little far too long for my stumpy legs 🤣

The Uniqlo Selvedge are very good in my opinion.

Are Uniqlo jeans true to size or similar to Edwin sizing. For example I have 31 waist Edwin but they are possibly larger at 32.5.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Are Uniqlo jeans true to size or similar to Edwin sizing. For example I have 31 waist Edwin but they are possibly larger at 32.5.
    I've found them to be very accurate for size. There is a fitting section where you can put in your physical dimensions and it will fairly accurately suggest the size to buy. Great jeans!

Master
    Sorry no idea. Great jeans though and spot on customer service.

Blurb

I am proud that we work with the best mills. The best denim. The best buttons. Rivets. Thread.
    I note they didn’t mention the best pocket material in their blurb. Mine disintegrated three or four times and I got tired sending them back to be darned. Uniqlo at a fraction of the price: no issues.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I note they didn’t mention the best pocket material in their blurb. Mine disintegrated three or four times and I got tired sending them back to be darned. Uniqlo at a fraction of the price: no issues.
    Not had mine long enough to notice. Worst pocket bags have been Edwin for me. Best either tellason or ironheart

With a 33 inch waist and 31 inch leg, you never can seem to buy any jeans that fit you off the peg. The leg is always too long.

I have given up trying to buy jeans anywhere but Uniqlo. I love the free amendment service which gets the leg measurement spot on.

Belting jeans from all aspects. The quality of all their stuff is top notch.
    So they should be, the price of them is insane now.

I remember when they first started in the UK i was buying the 634S model for £180 cash from Giles privately.

Now they are £290 on their website and its just too much.
    Last edited by xellos99; 15th January 2022 at 22:22.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I've got the same with my new Edwins 31 but fit like a 32 wish I'd kniw that before could have picked up some 30 waist in the sales

I bought a pair of Uniqlo Selvedge jeans and first impressions are they're very good indeed, and well worth £39. Thank you to everyone for the recommendation.
    "A man of little significance"

Master

Just stuck a new pair of USA made Cone Mills denim Levis LVC 1933s in the washing machine (no powder) to get a bit of dye out of them and shrink them up a bit.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hiut code is live for a few hours. Not cheap though these days. Use code timeflies

As this thread has been revived I thought I would ask if anyone has tried https://blackhorselane.com/

I have popped in to their shop a couple of times and I like the idea of made to measure.
    I bought some Edwin’s last year and have not been that impressed. My go to pike Bros jeans are a pain to import now due to brexit so looking for an alternative.

Grand Master
    Personally I would always suggest everyman should own a pair of ONI Denim or Full Count, do the journey in them and reap the benefits
    RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    As this thread has been revived I thought I would ask if anyone has tried https://blackhorselane.com/

I have popped in to their shop a couple of times and I like the idea of made to measure.
    I bought some Edwin’s last year and have not been that impressed. My go to pike Bros jeans are a pain to import now due to brexit so looking for an alternative.
    My Edwin’s fell to bits. Shame as I liked the fit.

Jeans Thread

I’ve been looking at Blackhorse Lane for a while as they’re close to me bland look good but I can’t get over the mental hurdle of £200+ for jeans and keep going back to the Carhartt Klondike a third of the price of the cheapest Blackhorses.

I also found the Edwin’s to be useless. I haven’t tried Nudie as the stitching is too pronounced. I do have one pair of Evisu which are really good but the price is strong and they’re very lairy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post

Agree, or any good Japanese brand, I also love Momotaro and Samurai.

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Agree, or any good Japanese brand, I also love Momotaro and Samurai.

Samurai's really heavy stuff is the best and hardest journey to have. They literally stand up alone for the first year till washed
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Samurai's really heavy stuff is the best and hardest journey to have. They literally stand up alone for the first year till washed
    Exactly, I had some 19oz ones which now are beautifully soft but worn out and repaired in many places, from ten years ago. Recently got some 23oz ones in Japan and am still breaking them in!

Momotaro is more finely made and easier to break in but less dramatic fades.

Grand Master

Jeans Thread

Exactly, I had some 19oz ones which now are beautifully soft but worn out and repaired in many places, from ten years ago. Recently got some 23oz ones in Japan and am still breaking them in!

Momotaro is more finely made and easier to break in but less dramatic fades.

Have a chat with Rudy at Son of a stag. A true jean geek who has travelled the far east factories extensively and he truly has the best denim knowledge I have ever read or heard.
    RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries

Jeans Thread

I think in you might be right on going the full Japanese product now the hiut prices are mad. Not the best denim but I like the raw look of the kuroki 14.5 oz.

Might be time for a trip to rivet and hide now they have a shop in Manchester

Grand Master
    Rudy set up Soldier Blue a few years back. They are outstanding and have alot of the truly great now extinct traditional machines in there all saved from scrapage.

They can keep any pair of good denim jeans alive for years.
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Rudy set up Soldier Blue a few years back. They are outstanding and have alot of the truly great now extinct traditional machines in there all saved from scrapage.

They can keep any pair of good denim jeans alive for years.
    I have my jeans repaired at Son of Stag, have two there at the moment.

He has a better selection than any of the shops I have been to in Tokyo or Osaka!

I do plan to visit Okayama in the spring so hopefully they will have a good selection there.

I think I have three pairs of Blackhorse jeans, including a pair I bought from them at Spitalfields market, on their first day of business.
    I'm relatively local, so nice to support them (and Son of a Stag).

Now I am a 34/31 in jeans, struggling with sizing at the moment as everything is cut for skinny frames of youf these days.

For work I would use Gap or Uniqlo. The former has disappeared off the high street and the latter styles are poor even though they adjust hem for free which was always a bonus.

I like my brands and always buy very good quality with the aim it rarely goes out of style and last.

Exasperated with the lack of choice, legs always too on jeans, and them generally being too tight and misshaped for my body, I was in M&S today with the missus.

Partially ashamed to admit it but I picked up a pair of their more expensive performance and vintage range and was pleasantly surprised.

Nice cut, loads of waist and length sizes to get a perfect fit, and also found the quality and style good and not out of sync with anything more expensive I have.

Perfect for work and other stuff.

I'm surprised to see the words 'Gap' and 'very good quality' together. I've always thought of Gap as cheap and disposable.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Now I am a 34/31 in jeans, struggling with sizing at the moment as everything is cut for skinny frames of youf these days.

For work I would use Gap or Uniqlo. The former has disappeared off the high street and the latter styles are poor even though they adjust hem for free which was always a bonus.

I like my brands and always buy very good quality with the aim it rarely goes out of style and last.

Exasperated with the lack of choice, legs always too on jeans, and them generally being too tight and misshaped for my body, I was in M&S today with the missus.

Partially ashamed to admit it but I picked up a pair of their more expensive performance and vintage range and was pleasantly surprised.

Nice cut, loads of waist and length sizes to get a perfect fit, and also found the quality and style good and not out of sync with anything more expensive I have.

Perfect for work and other stuff.

Edwin ED-55 though the rise may not be high enough for you, (they are not skinny lo-rise the youth wear) if pushing the boat out then Blackhorse lane and one of the relaxed straight/tapered fits

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Edwin ED-55 though the rise may not be high enough for you, (they are not skinny lo-rise the youth wear) if pushing the boat out then Blackhorse lane and one of the relaxed straight/tapered fits
    I like ED-55s but can't find them anywhere and I've no idea what the replacement version is from Edwin.

I still only buy Replay jeans, they are well priced - around £60-£80 at the outlet near me. They fit well, use a good quality denim and last forever. Even at the outlet they tend to have my size, 32W 30L, recently picked up a pair of Replay / Boss jeans and they are very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I like ED-55s but can't find them anywhere and I've no idea what the replacement version is from Edwin.
    They're called regular tapered:

https://edwin-europe.com/denim/jeans#regular-tapered

Nice fit but too narrow at the hem for me. I like at least an 8" hem to go over the trabs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

Nice fit but too narrow at the hem for me. I like at least an 8" hem to go over the trabs.
    He’s never going to pay those prices!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    He’s never going to pay those prices!

They're available everywhere for a lot less.

I've never paid full whack for Edwins.

Master
    They're available everywhere for a lot less.

I've never paid full whack for Edwins.
    Gap seems to be his view of quality.

Never get why someone would want to wear crappier clothes to the office.

Thank you

In fact, thank you, I just found the ones I want at a decent price. Not £40 a pop like the last two pairs I picked up in the sales, mind.
    Last edited by Foxy100; 11th March 2024 at 23:21.

Master
    Thank you

In fact, thank you, I just found the ones I want at a decent price. Not £40 a pop like the last two pairs I picked up in the sales, mind.
    Wow they really were bargains! Normal-ish sizes?

Recently picked a pair of these up which I’m pleased with.https://www.trickett-england.co.uk/p...ice-cut-jeans/

Anyone got a pair of these which also look interesting? https://hebtro.co/product/178-selved...-jeans-indigo/

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Wow they really were bargains! Normal-ish sizes?
    36/34. The shop (Hambledon in Winchester) has a good menswear section in the cellar but prices are pretty steep for everything. I haven't seen it since pre-lockdown but used to walk past crazy queues for the start of the sales. The trick was to go for the second round of reductions. I used to pick up some decent stuff there. While the selvedge Levi's weren't the greatest they would end up cheap too - maybe 36/34 isn't such a normal size!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
    Recently picked a pair of these up which I’m pleased with.https://www.trickett-england.co.uk/p...ice-cut-jeans/

Anyone got a pair of these which also look interesting? https://hebtro.co/product/178-selved...-jeans-indigo/
    I have a few things from Hebtroco and have been watching these too. It's an expensive voyage into the unknown if the fit isn't what I'm expecting. A good company though, in Hebdon Bridge, making their goods in the UK and using (mostly) UK suppliers.

Master
    36/34. The shop (Hambledon in Winchester) has a good menswear section in the cellar but prices are pretty steep for everything. I haven't seen it since pre-lockdown but used to walk past crazy queues for the start of the sales. The trick was to go for the second round of reductions. I used to pick up some decent stuff there. While the selvedge Levi's weren't the greatest they would end up cheap too - maybe 36/34 isn't such a normal size!
    Annoyingly my folks have just moved from Winchester. Never been to that store though, will have to give it a look next time I’m craving a Shoal lunch.

Craftsman
    Massive fan of Spoke jeans/trousers for work and leisure. Available in three thigh cuts (build B is perfect) in any W/L combo you need, 10/12/14oz in various washes. I have probably 10 various pairs and they are super consistent in sizing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by djacks42 View Post
    Massive fan of Spoke jeans/trousers for work and leisure. Available in three thigh cuts (build B is perfect) in any W/L combo you need, 10/12/14oz in various washes. I have probably 10 various pairs and they are super consistent in sizing.
    I see a lot of them advertised, so good to hear a first hand experience. Consistent sizing is a big plus point from me, over the years some of my Diesel brands have been woeful in conformity, especially in length, some by several inches. Madness & infuriating if ordering online.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by djacks42 View Post
    I'm going to go against the grain and say that I was less than impressed and sent both chinos and jeans back. I prefer a regular tapered cut, like Nudie's Steady Eddie II, so the Spoke offering just didn't seem to work for me. My best fitting jeans are actually my cheapest being River Island tapered fit. Anyone have any other recommendations for this type of fit? I tried Edwin's regular tapered jeans but the front rise was too low. Naked & Famous Easy Guy fit were only OK but the denim I bought wasn't that nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    I'm going to go against the grain and say that I was less than impressed and sent both chinos and jeans back. I prefer a regular tapered cut, like Nudie's Steady Eddie II, so the Spoke offering just didn't seem to work for me. My best fitting jeans are actually my cheapest being River Island tapered fit. Anyone have any other recommendations for this type of fit? I tried Edwin's regular tapered jeans but the front rise was too low. Naked & Famous Easy Guy fit were only OK but the denim I bought wasn't that nice.
    I tried Spoke quite a few times several years ago but found the quality and fit inconsistent and ended up giving them to charity.

I tried Spoke quite a few times several years ago but found the quality and fit inconsistent and ended up giving them to charity.

I have to agree, I bought some chinos and jeans for use at work.
    Not impressed with the quality of the jeans and had two pairs of chinos both supposed to be the same size but one I could get on and one I could not. It was if they were a complete different size with the wrong label in them.