closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeans Thread

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    They are my go to jeans £35 and brilliant.
    Do people really pay £500 for a pair? Must be bonkers! Oh well each to his own
    I do. They are amazing for £35 but they don’t wear and weather like the big boys do. Perfect for daily smart casual work wear
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    It would be a good laugh to get some of these denim sobs to take part in a de-labelled "Pepsi challenge" I don't think many of them would know their Armani from their G-Star, and what gives with wearing clothes that aren't clean?
    You could spot “fashion” jeans like Armani/G-star a mile off compared to well made selvage denim. I wouldn’t be able to tell the 2 brands apart though as I have never bought/worn any.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeney View Post
    These look interesting. British selvedge denim woven in Lancashire.

https://hebtro.co/product/governor-selvedge-denim/

They look good, and priced to my limit for good jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I do. They are amazing for £35 but they don’t wear and weather like the big boys do. Perfect for daily smart casual work wear
    I have 3 pairs of Uniqlo selvedge and they've worn great over 3 years, wash after wash.
    For £500 I could buy 14 more pairs and I'll probably have fallen off my perch by the time I've have worn any out.👼👖
    Still, I respect to you for your choice. 😀

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I have 3 pairs of Uniqlo selvedge and they've worn great over 3 years, wash after wash.
    For £500 I could buy 14 more pairs and I'll probably have fallen off my perch by the time I've have worn any out.
    Still, I respect to you for your choice.
    Yeah they wash well but they don’t feel, fade, or have the weave of the nerdy stuff I could never make Uniqlo jeans look anything like oni or full counts.

Here’s a pair of ONI after 15 months of
    Almost daily wear with one wash. Superb lines and fades.

RIAC

Yeah they wash well but they don’t feel, fade, or have the weave of the nerdy stuff I could never make Uniqlo jeans look anything like oni or full counts.

What model are they Kerry?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

One does not simply buy £500 jeans.

You let some denim nut buy them, they get board in 2 months and sell them to you for £100.

High end denim takes a colossal loss in value on the used market.

There are differences but it depends where they were made and who made them.

The expensive stuff tends to be made in Japan on the old style machines using oil methods.

Kind of how jeans used to be before quality took a nose dive with modern methods.

The best I seen were Iron hearts, very tough, probable double or triple the thickness of regular shop jeans and very very well made, put together,

Kind of like the Rolex of jeans in my opinion.

Cost a bomb new though

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    What model are they Kerry?
    ONI 511HM
    RIAC

ONI 511HM
    Any issue with crotch blow-out?

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post

Sounds like that means it’s way past the throw them in the bin stage!

Blog Entries

Don't they get a bit grubby and smelly after that long without washing?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Yeah blew out around 14 months, repaired once and many more times to come
    RIAC

Master
    On the other hand I remember being able to buy vintage denim in the early 90s or so. I think it was all about pre worn at the time, as opposed to dry selvedge of more recent years that is worn in by the original owner from new.

Master
    Please bear in mind that I'm not English though. As such you may want to disregard my views.

Now that we're firmly back into jeans a little thread revival. Any thoughts on something a step above Carhartt but not quite Huit or Evisu?

I pretty much only wear raw denim "blue rigid" Carhartt jeans. Over the years I've gone from their staff pant to Texas pant, Klondike II now Klondike and no doubt a few others. The quality isn't the same since they changed to Carhartt WIP and the fit is much more slim and trendy. I'm not slim or trendy so the new pair I just bought will be down the charity shop when I can find something else.

Is Edwin or Ralph Lauren the next step up? Anything else I should be considering?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Now that we're firmly back into jeans a little thread revival. Any thoughts on something a step above Carhartt but not quite Huit or Evisu?

I pretty much only wear raw denim "blue rigid" Carhartt jeans. Over the years I've gone from their staff pant to Texas pant, Klondike II now Klondike and no doubt a few others. The quality isn't the same since they changed to Carhartt WIP and the fit is much more slim and trendy. I'm not slim or trendy so the new pair I just bought will be down the charity shop when I can find something else.

Is Edwin or Ralph Lauren the next step up? Anything else I should be considering?

Edwin is a good level of denim especially the Rainbow Selvedge or similar weave.
    RIAC

Take a look at Pike Bros from Germany
    I wear nothing else now, they are not as expensive as some of the other ‘selvage brands’ but in my opinion they are equal or better in quality and they fade really well.
    I buy direct from them but Americans classics in Covent Garden sell them if you would prefer to try before you buy

Quote Originally Posted by sweeney View Post
    These look interesting. British selvedge denim woven in Lancashire.

https://hebtro.co/product/governor-selvedge-denim/
    Hebdon Bridge, Lancashire. I see what you did there - excellent work!
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman
    Nudie do a good Selvedge at a similar price point to Edwin. Have a look on Liquor Store they have a really good range for all budgets.

As a Nudie wearer for years I’d say their quality has dropped. I’ve moved over to Edwin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinese_Alan View Post
    Nudie do a good Selvedge at a similar price point to Edwin. Have a look on Liquor Store they have a really good range for all budgets.

What size are you, i have about 30 pairs of high end jeans and i was thinking of putting 2 or 3 pairs in the SC.

They are the best in the world, made in Japan on the old machines that were around before mass production machines ruined Jeans quality.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    What size are you, i have about 30 pairs of high end jeans and i was thinking of putting 2 or 3 pairs in the SC.

They are the best in the world, made in Japan on the old machines that were around before mass production machines ruined Jeans quality.
    If you're a proper size like 36" waist and 32-34" leg I'd be interested in seeing what you have please.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe that it's nearly 7 years since I started this thread... I've now got several pairs of Hiut's and none of them have been washed, and although they've had a few goes in the freezer I'm not sure if that actually achieves anything TBH

My latest pair https://hiutdenim.co.uk/collections/...nim-worka-2014 are the best yet and look great with a decent pair of boots.

I keep seeing FB adverts for HebTroCo GVNR jeans which I think I'm going to have to try next... appear to be of similar quality and heritage to Hiuts, but £100 a pair less expensive.

Anyone owned both and can offer an opinion ??

Amnesia - I would say you could wash them now as they must be well broken in.

I also wear Hiut’s and refrain from washing them for the first 6 months but after that, they get washed when required. Some have been back for repairs but are holding up well.

Thanks for the replies and even the offer of jeans. I think I'll go for either some Edwins or the Organic range from Huit. They seem to be the same price.

Do any of the Huit owners own a pair of the Organic offerings which are about £100 less? I'm guessing their purpose is a gateway drug to get you into the proper ones after so might be pretty good.

Thanks for the replies and even the offer of jeans. I think I'll go for either some Edwins or the Organic range from Huit. They seem to be the same price.

Do any of the Huit owners own a pair of the Organic offerings which are about £100 less? I'm guessing their purpose is a gateway drug to get you into the proper ones after so might be pretty good.
    Do the right thing …

https://communityclothing.co.uk/coll...21392280518710

I have Hiut Hack and WorkR in both organic and selvedge. The organic is lighter by about 2.5 oz but suspect it might be a bit heavier than a standard Levi 501.

I think the organic are a good intro to Hiut but I probably prefer the feel of my selvedge Hiut’s.

You might be able to order one of each to see them and return the one you don’t want.

I’m sure there are plenty of other good makes out there but I like Hiut and don’t feel the need to shop about.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I seem to remember a thread regarding their
    Harrington jackets being excellent quality for the price too but never got around to buying one.
    Jeans look a decent enough punt at that price.

I just returned a pair of these as I found they did not fit well or feel very robust. Pity as I like their other stuff and their ethos.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    I seem to remember a thread regarding their
    Harrington jackets being excellent quality for the price too but never got around to buying one.
    Jeans look a decent enough punt at that price.
    Their Harrington jackets are great as are their loop back sweatshirts.

Can't decide if the logo looks more like Pacman or the Canterbury rugby clothing brand.

They look ok but the stitching is a bit orange and I'd rather get some jeans from a company known for denim. The made in Wales part of Huit is appealing as is the fact they only make jeans.

https://communityclothing.co.uk/prod...houlder-cobalt

£39 for Blackpool Blue Harbour?!

Master

I may be completely off the mark but I remember reading Hiut organic was used by M&S for some of their jeans. I’d really pay the extra for the Japanese, I know it’s slot but you don’t need many pairs.

You didn't wash your jeans for how long ?
    F.T.F.A.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    You didn't wash your jeans for how long ?
    Ive got a 8 year old pair ive never washed. Recently retired a pair that did 7 years
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Hebdon Bridge, Lancashire. I see what you did there - excellent work!
    Hebden Bridge was still in Yorkshire the last time I looked; it is close to the Lancashire border though (just the other side of Todmorden).

It’s quite possible that the denim is woven in Lancashire though and the jeans cut and stitched in Hebden Bridge.

As that’s where I grew up, I think I need to look into getting a pair of these jeans.

Took these pics today for someone who was interested. May as well upload them since i think it shows the levels in quality difference

Just realised the reason why I ordered the new jeans in the first place was because I ate too much during lockdown. Going to go with the Hiut Anderson organic and if they're good stuff I'll get the proper ones after I've shed the lockdown beef, that can be my prize.

I think the Edwins would probably be better quality but their website is a mess and I keep seeing sold out pairs of £45-£70 online which puts me off paying £140.

£160 for jeans and they want £4.16 shipping. Their stockists do free shipping over £50 but don't stock the Anderson. What a cheek.

Nudie. Lifetime crotch rip insurance. You’re welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    As a Nudie wearer for years I’d say their quality has dropped. I’ve moved over to Edwin.
    I haven’t bought any for years but used to live in them. Sold a pair recently on eBay actually - they flew out.

Anyone mentioned Hebtroco yet?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Any RRL (Double RL) love on the forum? Here's some of mine ( I have probably another 5-6 around somewhere ).

Been wearing RRLs for the best part of 10 years, love the fits and the quality is good - Prices have increased massively over the years, it wasn't long ago you could pick a pair up at Bicester village for £50-£75.

I've worn others - mostly Iron Heart and Flat Head - both good especially the 21oz Iron Hearts ( Which I may put on SC as I don't wear them anymore).

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PIERS (UK) View Post

it wasn't long ago you could pick a pair up at Bicester village for £50-£75.

It wasn't long ago that you could buy a lot of things for sensible money at Bicester Village... then they started day trips from London by coach and the prices rocketed

Craftsman
    Can't decide if the logo looks more like Pacman or the Canterbury rugby clothing brand
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_furniture

Saw similar symbol on some old furniture recently and found the above on google after some searching.

Jeans wise I like Edwin Nashville and Tellason but the old cone mills ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Hebden Bridge was still in Yorkshire the last time I looked; it is close to the Lancashire border though (just the other side of Todmorden).

It’s quite possible that the denim is woven in Lancashire though and the jeans cut and stitched in Hebden Bridge.

As that’s where I grew up, I think I need to look into getting a pair of these jeans.
    I think the material is woven in Huddersfield.
    "A man of little significance"

Used the code "FIRST10" at Fat Buddha on the Edwin ED-47. I wanted the loose tapered but will settle for regular and see how I get on.

The Iron Hearts look great and I think I want a pair in the future but I've never spent £286 or anywhere near that on jeans before and I doubt I can justify it when we're not even going out these days. Maybe when we're back in the office I'll get a pair delivered there to make sure the invoice never gets seen at home.

Any RRL (Double RL) love on the forum? Here's some of mine ( I have probably another 5-6 around somewhere ).

Been wearing RRLs for the best part of 10 years, love the fits and the quality is good - Prices have increased massively over the years, it wasn't long ago you could pick a pair up at Bicester village for £50-£75.

I've worn others - mostly Iron Heart and Flat Head - both good especially the 21oz Iron Hearts ( Which I may put on SC as I don't wear them anymore).

I have a pair of brown RRL jeans in Japanese denim which are great, great fades! Agree they seem to have got a lot more expensive, used to be able to find them on sale for about 40 quid.

Master

Love the RRL jeans, picked up a pair from Bicester years ago, full on with the distressing etc, were about £475 reduced to £45, loved them.

Then I lost weight and sold as they no longer fit. I’ve now out that weight back on & wish I had them. Amazing quality and weight.

Cracking collection you have there, may have to pop back there and lock again. Assuming they’re the wrong side of £150 now?

Refuse to buy any until I’ve lost weight again though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Cracking collection you have there, may have to pop back there and lock again. Assuming they’re the wrong side of £150 now?

Bicester have moved the RL shop now and they only do POLO, and I believe a lot of the products they sell are made specifically for outlet stores ( an former employee told me you can tell by looking at code on labels).

RRL is not anywhere, there's a small chance they may have the odd thing, but 2-3 times I've popped over there there's been nothing.

Master
    Bicester have moved the RL shop now and they only do POLO, and I believe a lot of the products they sell are made specifically for outlet stores ( an former employee told me you can tell by looking at code on labels).

RRL is not anywhere, there's a small chance they may have the odd thing, but 2-3 times I've popped over there there's been nothing.
    Cheers for that, will head to Portsmouth instead, where unlike Bicester / Swindon, there is a chance of a substantial meal whilst shopping.

Meant to be in the Caribbean, so will be spending my time growing the economy instead!