closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeans Thread

Out of interest what do people wear as slimmer fit jeans. Looking to get some mid range (price) but most are too wide in the leg for me. Fancied some Hebtro jeans but was advised by them that they don't really suit somebody with skinny legs and a beer gut Best fitting jeans i have are a pair of M&S Japanese selvedge. A couple of years old but their newer stock has elastene in! Hate stretchy jeans

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lelykins View Post
    Out of interest what do people wear as slimmer fit jeans. Looking to get some mid range (price) but most are too wide in the leg for me. Fancied some Hebtro jeans but was advised by them that they don't really suit somebody with skinny legs and a beer gut Best fitting jeans i have are a pair of M&S Japanese selvedge. A couple of years old but their newer stock has elastene in! Hate stretchy jeans

Nudie Skinny Lin, I’m also about to pick up some Huit SkinR which look really nice.

Just looked at the Nudie range you mentioned but unfortunately they are "stretchy "
    Got a pair of Edwin in the sales for £75 but they came in massively to big. Vanity sizes obviously with Edwin!

Master
    Blog Entries

Jeans Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Nudie Skinny Lin, I’m also about to pick up some Huit SkinR which look really nice.
    Add Iron heart 555 to that list

Craftsman
    I picked up a pair of Edwin ED 80, 14oz unwashed selvedge jeans in the sale the other week

Just £40, so a bit of a billy bargain.

I did find that the pocket rivets were a little sharp, so took some sandblpapaer to them.

Anyone else find this with new jeans?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was really disappointed with the quality of my edwins

Jeans Thread

I bought a pair of Hebtroco jeans last January (2020) got a free Hebtroco hat as they changed from English made denim to Italian Salvage edge. Personally, nice jeans. Not £150 nice
    My Duck & Cover jeans just as nice, £5 from Charity shop.
    I’m 40” waist and 31”leg so Hebtroco turn up is bigger than I’d like too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Yorkshiremadmick; 23rd January 2021 at 23:44.

Craftsman
    Nudies for me at the moment, have thought about Hebtroco but haven’t got round to trying them yet.
    Have had Levi selvedge in the past but the rise was too high.
    I thought the quality of Hiut was the best I’ve had so far though.
    I picked up my Nudies for a good price from Zalando

My ED55s have very sharp rivets too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidsteruk View Post
    I picked up a pair of Edwin ED 80, 14oz unwashed selvedge jeans in the sale the other week

Just £40, so a bit of a billy bargain.

I did find that the pocket rivets were a little sharp, so took some sandblpapaer to them.

Anyone else find this with new jeans?

Last year I ordered some jeans from SoSo clothing, where you design your own, very impressed with the quality. Worth taking a look on their website. True to size as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d love to be able to afford to give something like this a go, 25oz:

https://www.sonofastag.com/collectio...0xx-25oz-jeans

Quote Originally Posted by gshort67 View Post
    Last year I ordered some jeans from SoSo clothing, where you design your own, very impressed with the quality. Worth taking a look on their website. True to size as well.

Just had a look - customisation is a nice touch

Journeyman
    25oz! It would feel like you've got cardboard trousers on for the first few months of wear.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I was really disappointed with the quality of my edwins
    I've 3 pairs now and apart from the rivets, I find them comfortable and durable so far

Want to try pair from Blackhorse Lane next. They have a great store in Coal Drops Yard, next to the Cheaney store near Kings Cross, which I hope survives Vivid closures

Like an Aladdin's cave of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

Son of a stag is one of the few shops I actually enjoy visiting along with American classics, and I always come out of both lighter in the pocket.
    Not sure I would pay that money for a pair of jeans though...

I remember being about 18 or 19 and seeing a nice pair of Levi's in American Classics then seeing the price was £249. I asked the price because I thought it was a mistake! I've bought a few Red Wings there since, nice guys.

Master
    I've 3 pairs now and apart from the rivets, I find them comfortable and durable so far

Want to try pair from Blackhorse Lane next. They have a great store in Coal Drops Yard, next to the Cheaney store near Kings Cross, which I hope survives Vivid closures

I have a couple of pairs and would recommend. Lovely people too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Son of a stag is one of the few shops I actually enjoy visiting along with American classics, and I always come out of both lighter in the pocket.
    Not sure I would pay that money for a pair of jeans though...
    Both great shops but the free alteration service that Son of a Stag offer is definitely something to consider.

ATB

I got some similar Samurai jeans in a little shop in Osaka, so they had made them specially according to the owner's specification as a limited edition. Loads of details I didn't really appreciate at the time to create special fades like ridges on the back pockets. They literally stood up by themselves when I bought them and I could barely get them on to try them! Five years later they are so smooth and comfortable but have been darned and patched several times, including at Son of a Stag, and so I think I will have to retire them soon as they are close to being more patch than jeans!

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Hiut for me, tried a few others (generally second hand from here ;) ) but I find the Hiut SlimR a great fit (and I work out so have "proper" thighs :) ) - the company is very helpful and if you are patient the return sales can turn up a deal..... haven't used the fix it for life service yet but that too is an attraction..... and British made is a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by tintin View Post
    Hiut for me, tried a few others (generally second hand from here ;) ) but I find the Hiut SlimR a great fit (and I work out so have "proper" thighs :) ) - the company is very helpful and if you are patient the return sales can turn up a deal..... haven't used the fix it for life service yet but that too is an attraction..... and British made is a nice touch.
    Another vote for Huit. I like they fact I can order exactly to my own specification and they are quality jeans which you can get in different types of denim. Granted they are not cheapest, however, if my experience they do look good and will last as well as offering a lifetime repair service if needed.

Have several pairs of Hiut, selvedge and organic denim, and have had them repaired over the years. Great service.

Craftsman
    Have had a good experience with Community Clothing for jeans. They are still doing me well after 4 years.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

I have a pair of G-Stars that fit like a dream... Otherwise, surprisingly Uniqlo jeans always fit quite well (for me), and cost a fraction of my other ones

I've been wearing my Edwin ED55s very regularly for 9 months now without washing them. They're a little grubby now but not at all smelly and I'd like to freshen them up but not wash them. Any tips on what works well for you?

- - - Updated - - -

I have two pairs of Uniqlo Selvedge and they're amazing for the money. I'd definitely buy them again.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    I have a pair of G-Stars that fit like a dream... Otherwise, surprisingly Uniqlo jeans always fit quite well (for me), and cost a fraction of my other ones

Edwin are fine for the price if you get them a bit below RRP or in the sale. Blackhorse lane are a step up and they do free repairs and hemming. good choice of fits, i have the E5’s and would definitely buy from then again.

Master
    Scotch & Soda Ralstons are the only jeans I've bought for the last 5 years, they just fit and suit me the best.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Edwin are fine for the price if you get them a bit below RRP or in the sale. Blackhorse lane are a step up and they do free repairs and hemming. good choice of fits, i have the E5’s and would definitely buy from then again.
    Thanks for the recommendation, they're quite local too so will give them a go. A step up from Edwin without going full Hiut or Ironheart was exactly what I was after.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Another vote for Uniqlo for a slimmer fit. I have a couple of pairs of Edwins which are also slim fit

End currently have 20% off loads of sale jeans inc Edwin and Nudie. I’m tempted but they only do 32” leg and above, I need a 30” really. Could wear bigger turn ups I suppose!

Master
    If they are selvedge you can buy a longer inseam and just get it altered...makes no difference to these type of jeans as they are 'raw'. The Blackhorse jeans I have bought were altered in-store when I bought them.

I've been wearing my Edwin ED55s very regularly for 9 months now without washing them. They're a little grubby now but not at all smelly and I'd like to freshen them up but not wash them. Any tips on what works well for you?

- - - Updated - - -

I have two pairs of Uniqlo Selvedge and they're amazing for the money. I'd definitely buy them again.
    Another vote for Uniqlo Selvedge

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    If they are selvedge you can buy a longer inseam and just get it altered...makes no difference to these type of jeans as they are 'raw'. The Blackhorse jeans I have bought were altered in-store when I bought them.
    They are selvedge. Good call on getting the altered. The saving is nearly 50% or £200 so worth a punt!

Master
    Perfect! I'm sure this goes without saying but get them altered before wearing them too much and definitely before washing them, and also they will shrink an inch or so when washed.

Grandmother / suck / eggs I'm sure but thought it would be worth mentioning.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation, they're quite local too so will give them a go. A step up from Edwin without going full Hiut or Ironheart was exactly what I was after.
    Plus 17% discount on signing up to eMail too I think

To those who have the Uniqlo selvedge, did you find it shrank when washed?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    To those who have the Uniqlo selvedge, did you find it shrank when washed?
    You are on the wrong thread if you wash your jeans....
    They go in the freezer to get rid of bad smells (it does not work)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    You are on the wrong thread if you wash your jeans....
    They go in the freezer to get rid of bad smells (it does not work)
    Haha - yes indeed. Well I do agree with wearing them as much as you can between washes, but I plan on washing them now and again

Master

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    i've always worn 501s but when levi brought out their lvc range I started to wear their 1933...1937 and 1920 201 versions. really enjoying them. I like to wash them regularly, but to each their own.
    I'm looking for 34 waist 34 leg or longer lvc denims if anyone has any that they would like to sell. New or used. Please pm.
    Last edited by johny; 28th January 2021 at 19:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Perfect! I'm sure this goes without saying but get them altered before wearing them too much and definitely before washing them, and also they will shrink an inch or so when washed.

Grandmother / suck / eggs I'm sure but thought it would be worth mentioning.
    I always understood that jeans should be washed first, which may then shrink and then alter after any shrinkage.

Craftsman
    Thanks to this thread I bought some Huit and they’re brilliant. Not cheap but so nice.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Love Hiut jeans, and their customer service too.
    Probably my favourite brand, I need a new pair really but Seiko dive watches keep getting in the way lol

Have ordered some Lee 101 70's riders. On paper sounds like they might be fine but will let you all know.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I always understood that jeans should be washed first, which may then shrink and then alter after any shrinkage.
    If you wash selvedge jeans too soon they will not age as nicely. Adjusting them after washing will also make the hem a bit inconsistent with the rest of the jean...you might lose that nice wrinkled and worn effect.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Some people recommend a cold soak for new jeans to help remove any starch which may reduce the risk of blowouts.

I have had ones like that, better actually. Iron Heat limited edition 25oz. Samurai fade nicer the IH but IH use polycotton stiching which is stronger than Samurai cotton only.

They are just too thick, even the 21oz ones are too thick.

17 - 18oz are the best but even 14.5oz is plenty thick enough really and most popular with the denim heads i would say.

Took delivery yesterday of a pair of unbranded 101's
    Technically a skinny fit but more slim fit i think. 14.5 oz denim and quite rigid but good impression so far. Good price also

Blog Entries
    Took delivery yesterday of a pair of unbranded 101's
    Technically a skinny fit but more slim fit i think. 14.5 oz denim and quite rigid but good impression so far. Good price also

Where did you get those if you don't mind me asking?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Hi
    Got them from Jeanstore

A pair of 14oz selvedge Edwin arrived from Son of a Stag today. They contacted me to say the pair I ordered were out of stock so they offered me an upgrade for the price I paid, saving me £60. Outstanding service.

Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 9th March 2021 at 21:31.