closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 51 of 413 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 20611

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

A Breitling and I Never Thought I'd Say That on This Tread....

All,

Now I don't really like Breitling and this is the first one I've tried on that does it for me. I've been looking for a watch which I can grab and go, fits under a shirt cuff so does me for work with a suit especially when I'm travelling. I've been on the look out for one which had GMT as well and doesn't look too much like a Diver.

So here is the Breitling Colt GMT+ from 2010/11. I know this wasn't popular at the time due to the integrated strap and/or bracelet but I paid about £500 under the going 2nd hand price and this was NOS with 2 year warranty from an AD. Not a grey import - a full UK AD...

So apart from being a Breitling, this meets everything I wanted in the watch and I sold 3 to fund one - prefect as part of my collection consolidation of focusing on a smaller number of higher quality watches. Now I've always thought Breitling had the quality it was just most of them were either complicated or too much bling for my taste - this one is much more subtle and the Deployant Clasp is great for it's dive/micro adjustment. So a diver that doesn't look like a diver and has a rubber strap with dive extension, a moveable dive bezel without any lume - no wonder it wasn't popular at the time, but I love it...

Here's some quick snaps:

Thank you Mr AD

A
    Last edited by AlistairD; 31st March 2017 at 21:46.

Not technically a new arrival but it has just come back after 6 weeks at STS. Great service and as new....

Love this watch....

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

^ that breitling looks great and sounds like a great purchase too. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ribena36 View Post
    ^ that breitling looks great and sounds like a great purchase too. Congrats

Thanks and indeed it does look good IMHO. I may post a quick review once I've worn it for a while.

A

New arrival today from Oli in sales corner. My first of Eddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post

A rare variation of the Lemania 5100 movement.
    Stunning watch....great choice...congratulations

Another couple of Seagull ST19 based chronographs. This time from a Chinese mushroom brand "Sugess" which in the manual claims to be a French brand. Taobao specials. Cool dials though and they both seem to be running really well so far.

ST1901

ST1908
    Last edited by fordy964; 2nd April 2017 at 13:21.

We lived in Switzerland for a few years and made a great number of journeys on the federal railway network. I was very pleased to be able to obtain this Mondaine stop2go as a reminder of the iconic synchronised platform clocks, featuring that distinct pause of the second hand at the top of every minute.

Journeyman
    My Undone watch arrived today, this is a Kickstarter project I had backed, and it allows you to custom-design your own watch based on some provided templates, which themselves are inspired by some classic watch dials.

I am not affiliated with the brand, just a happy customer and supporter of their endeavours.

Quote Originally Posted by ekotan View Post
    My Undone watch arrived today, this is a Kickstarter project I had backed, and it allows you to custom-design your own watch based on some provided templates, which themselves are inspired by some classic watch dials.

I am not affiliated with the brand, just a happy customer and supporter of their endeavours.

Stunning.
    Love that styling, good choice!

Master
    Picked up from my local AD today!

This came this week

Quote Originally Posted by ekotan View Post

I've been incredibly disappointed with how they're handling orders. Delivery keeps slipping, not informing customers that have already paid for watches. Blaming too many orders (which came through months ago) and lack of staff, not really good enough.

The definition of over promising and under delivering so far!

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    This came this week

Been a good couple of weeks Wes!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    Been a good couple of weeks Wes!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Lets just say Ian its been one of the best ;)

I appear accidentally to have bought a Bulova moon watch (strap version) from amazon last night. £320 seems a good price and as long as it isn't too big it might make a nice addition to my "space watch" collection (to go with the 69ST speedie and x-33). Time will tell whether it's my sort of thing or not...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    The definition of over promising and under delivering so far!
    Sorry to hear that, my experience has been positive. They are running behind schedule and I did experience a slight delay, but they kept me informed via personal emails. In the end, they said I would receive the watch in April, and kept up that promise.

Given how many Kickstarter projects are delayed for years or never come to fruition, I have no complaints. I know from experience it's not easy to launch a new product without some teething problems.

The final product itself exceeded my expectations to the extent that I've ordered another one, this time with the black Navi dial. I hope you'll get yours soon and find it as pleasing in the metal as I do.

Craftsman

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post

Nice, congrats to you! You are very lucky! :)

Master
    Bought this NOS Seiko SKZ211J1 last week and it arrived this morning. Love it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post

Very jealous. I'm fighting the temptation to spend my savings....

Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    New arrival today from Oli in sales corner. My first of Eddies.

Glad you like it Ant! Looks good on your wrist.

Did you have any luck with the bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdude View Post
    Two incomings today:

Eddie's chrono really is a cracker. Love mine. All chronos after this have seemed unnecessarily complicated!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post

A rare variation of the Lemania 5100 movement.
    Oh, a Mareoscope. Really do not see many of those, and classically elegant that is too. Very nice.
    I went for the other one myself, the Diascope
    Dave

Not a new watch but a haul of straps for the Navitimer. I didn't want to kill the original Croco strap in the sweaty summer here so looked for a nice rubber strap. Got a bit carried away though. Which one to put on first?

Quote Originally Posted by fordy964 View Post
    Not a new watch but a haul of straps for the Navitimer. I didn't want to kill the original Croco strap in the sweaty summer here so looked for a nice rubber strap. Got a bit carried away though. Which one to put on first?

LOVE that!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Oh, a Mareoscope. Really do not see many of those, and classically elegant that is too. Very nice.
    I went for the other one myself, the Diascope
    Dave
    Cheers. I think Eberhard are an underrepresented brand round these parts, they make some lovely watches.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by nellyh View Post
    Just collected my 1st brand new AD watch for over 10 years.

Plenty on here, but I'm very happy!

Stunning...After selling my Sub (with almost immediate regret) I have a void to fill and these keep stealing my glances.

Hurray a Special Delivery!

Oh, a Rolex box! Have I got a Rolex in the post?

A Rolex service box! Exciting!

Looks to be gold...did i buy a gold Rolex with the money we've been saving to move house? The wife will be thrilled!

Oh phew! It's just my Ingersol freshly serviced by Animalone!

Far better than any vintage Rolex, in the same way a DAF is better than a vintage Porsche.

Thanks for the superb packaging mate - it's probably worth more than the watch!
    Last edited by Kirk280; 4th April 2017 at 17:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post

Far better than any vintage Rolex, in the same way a DAF is better than a vintage Porsche.
    Well I enjoyed looking at it more than any Rolex new arrival in the last week or two :). Very nice. Was the case refinished as well? It looks great.

No the case is untouched. It's a lovely little cheapie bought from this forum.

I might even treat it to a new strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    That looks really nice, and I enjoyed the write-up!

Master

This just found its way to me and it really looks amazing on the strapcode oyster!

Got a bit carried away though...
    Quite right, don't do things by halves, but you haven't gone OTT yet. There's still time for a stupid amount of Breitling straps yet

Both the Black and Anthracite Military Canvas look great on your Stratos

Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    Quite right, don't do things by halves, but you haven't gone OTT yet. There's still time for a stupid amount of Breitling straps yet

Both the Black and Anthracite Military Canvas look great on your Stratos
    What I love about that shot is the case. Properly OCD that! Love it.

A few Breitling have turned my head so more strappage is inevitable. Mind you, when I bought the Panerai I did go even more overboard on the straps in one hit...

In my defence they were sourced from Taobao sellers and were a lot cheaper than you might imagine...

Master
    Fun vintage arrival:

Master
    What I love about that shot is the case. Properly OCD that! Love it.

A few Breitling have turned my head so more strappage is inevitable. Mind you, when I bought the Panerai I did go even more overboard on the straps in one hit...

In my defence they were sourced from Taobao sellers and were a lot cheaper than you might imagine...
    That is some collection of straps. Do you have a link to the sellers site please?

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    That is some collection of straps. Do you have a link to the sellers site please?
    Came from various sellers so can't remember Here is an example though

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id...u=52ojunl8f276

I'm in China so I access the mainland China Taobao site. I'm not sure what you'll be able to see on the global site, or even how ordering from it works as I believe you need an Alipay account. Use Chrome and it will auto-translate as best it can. A search on 'Panerai strap' should yield pages of results.

Master
    Thanks for your help. Robs

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by leefowler View Post
    Picked this up today!

If I could only have one

Journeyman
    My first bit of bronze- absolutely love it

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Master
    My new Broadarrow Prs 4,been after one for some time inspired by review by Fschwep http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...S-4-in-the-air
    Got my chance when one popped up on s.c courtesy of kevkojac.

It's a distinctive and interesting watch and I don't have to worry about how much it's worth,service or insurance costs,it's fun.
    Last edited by Dr.f; 6th April 2017 at 12:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    It's a distinctive and interesting watch and I don't have to worry about how much it's worth,service or insurance costs,it's fun.
    I much prefer these to the CWC equivalents. I had both the CWC RN and the PRS-3 for a while and the PRS wins hands down. Cheaper, too!

Craftsman
    I've been debating getting one of these for a wee while now, and having started running again decided that I could justify buying one. Picked up the 42mm version on Monday at the Apple Store. Been wearing it all week to the exclusion of all else. While out running its been useful, but in all honesty, I thought I would have enjoyed wearing/playing with it more than I have done over the week, and have decided that it's going back to the Apple Store under their excellent 14 day return policy. The £400 will be better spent on a 'proper' watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ghu1967 View Post
    I've been debating getting one of these for a wee while now, and having started running again decided that I could justify buying one. Picked up the 42mm version on Monday at the Apple Store. Been wearing it all week to the exclusion of all else. While out running its been useful, but in all honesty, I thought I would have enjoyed wearing/playing with it more than I have done over the week, and have decided that it's going back to the Apple Store under their excellent 14 day return policy. The £400 will be better spent on a 'proper' watch.

I bought one of these and it lasted about a week before I flipped it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsammyp View Post
    I bought one of these and it lasted about a week before I flipped it.
    I'm honestly really disappointed that I haven't taken to it as much as I had imagined I would. Given that there's a 14 day money back return policy, it'll be going back to the store next week I'm fairly sure.
    G.

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    This little beauty from 1965 has been edging towards me from Tokyo for the last 2 weeks and should be delivered tomorrow according to Parcelforce.

That's lovely, was it a private purchase?

Mozza

Quote Originally Posted by ghu1967 View Post

i picked one of these up last year. I saw them discounted in Dixons in Heathrow so took a punt. What a load of crap! Worn it a couple of times and I just can't see the point of it. Battery lasts about half a day.

It's still sat unloved in the 'gadget' drawer.

Master
    SDGM001 just arrived!

Craftsman

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

i picked one of these up last year. I saw them discounted in Dixons in Heathrow so took a punt. What a load of crap! Worn it a couple of times and I just can't see the point of it. Battery lasts about half a day.

It's still sat unloved in the 'gadget' drawer.
    The battery life had been a concern of mine, but to be fair to the thing (maybe I'm not using it enough/properly), I've had it since Monday and only charged it once, it's currently on 23%.

Very excited about this arriving on Monday:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/rar...hlight=105.003