closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 422 of 424 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424 LastLast
Results 21,051 to 21,100 of 21176

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

  1. #21051
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie996 View Post


    Arrived today, to say Iím beyond excited is an understatement


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beauty.

  2. #21052
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    3,073

  3. #21053
    Had this arrived yet?

    Really fancy a ceramic case but donít want to pay bell and Ross prices or more

    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    So a number of boxes being ticked here. I have a number of holes in my watch collecting history and with inflation biting any chance to tick multiple boxes with a single watch is welcome, especially when that watch is as cheap as this one.
    Iíve never owned a pilot watch or one with a ceramic case. Also a fully lumed dial is something Iíd like to try
    So winging its way from that far eastern purveyor of wonder and sometimes utter tat, Aliexpress is this weirdly named (hence going for the sterile dial version) Mysterious Code 41mm ceramic cased pilot watch.


    Now this is obviously a deep homage of an IWC however for £113 it had to be tried. The sparse reviews I could find of both the brand and the actual watch are encouraging but Iím braced for a munter. Weíll see. Hopefully itís not a steel case coated in tippex.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #21054
    Master petay993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    1,004
    Keep buying these, keep selling them

    Lava is the latest fling.


  5. #21055
    Grand Master Carlton-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Berlin, London and sometimes Dublin
    Posts
    15,079
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Keep buying these, keep selling them

    Lava is the latest fling.

    Iím surprised how much I like that.

  6. #21056
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,401
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Keep buying these, keep selling them

    Lava is the latest fling.

    Please let me know when this one is for sale thenÖ!

  7. #21057
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Had this arrived yet?

    Really fancy a ceramic case but donít want to pay bell and Ross prices or more
    Literally 15 minutes ago.
    Case seems to be ceramic as far as I can tell. Dial is fully lumed as are hands.
    Crown action is not great but does the job and I suspect robust enough if you donít have fists of ham.
    Size is great for me but may be large for others.
    Packaging is great for the price. Massive soft case.
    Very different from anything else in my collection so itís staying which unfortunately means something will have to go soon.

    Overall Iíd say itís a complete no brainer if youíre after a ceramic case watch.
    The blue looks nice tooÖ




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #21058
    Master earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tether's End, Lincs
    Posts
    5,244
    Looks good J. Be interested to know if it picks-up dye from clothing over time.

    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    Literally 15 minutes ago.
    Case seems to be ceramic as far as I can tell. Dial is fully lumed as are hands.
    Crown action is not great but does the job and I suspect robust enough if you donít have fists of ham.
    Size is great for me but may be large for others.
    Packaging is great for the price. Massive soft case.
    Very different from anything else in my collection so itís staying which unfortunately means something will have to go soon.

    Overall Iíd say itís a complete no brainer if youíre after a ceramic case watch.
    The blue looks nice tooÖ




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #21059
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Looks good J. Be interested to know if it picks-up dye from clothing over time.
    Cheers fella.
    Iíll post if it does but Iím a t-shirt wearer most of the time so it may take a while. The finish is that odd hard and smooth yet minutely Ďpowdery textureí you get, tough to explain or describe. Reminds me a bit of a polo mint, so I suspect some dye transfer may occur.

    Iím my quest to determine its true nature I removed the strap and had a peek inside the spring bar holes - ooh err. Either they have been extremely diligent with whatever coating they used or the case construction is uniform throughout and is indeed ceramic.

  10. #21060
    Grand Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    14,188
    Fatboy arrived last week. First watch purchase for a while.



    Thanks to goraidh for a super smooth transaction.
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 18th June 2024 at 20:22.

  11. #21061
    You could drop it from a height? :)

    Looks great though. Tempting...off to check the AliX sale

    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    Cheers fella.
    Iíll post if it does but Iím a t-shirt wearer most of the time so it may take a while. The finish is that odd hard and smooth yet minutely Ďpowdery textureí you get, tough to explain or describe. Reminds me a bit of a polo mint, so I suspect some dye transfer may occur.

    Iím my quest to determine its true nature I removed the strap and had a peek inside the spring bar holes - ooh err. Either they have been extremely diligent with whatever coating they used or the case construction is uniform throughout and is indeed ceramic.

  12. #21062
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    1,406


    Picked this up today, I much prefer it on the rubber band


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #21063
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie996 View Post


    Picked this up today, I much prefer it on the rubber band


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice! I do like the no date versions.

  14. #21064
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    1,010
    Blog Entries
    2
    This has just arrived, first impressions are very good




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #21065
    Master petay993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    1,004
    MoonSwatch Lava now on Wristbuddys integrated rubber.


  16. #21066
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    19,999
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    MoonSwatch Lava now on Wristbuddys integrated rubber.

    Fun.
    RIAC

  17. #21067

    New Strap

    Early birthday gift finally fitted. Took the plunge tonight and had to cut the rubber strap eeek!

    Correct rubber strap (smaller depth) spring bars sourced from Tudor, original BB58 end links used (springs sit slightly loose inside). Thanks to this forums very own Bry for the Tudor specific tweezers.

    Must say I'm liking the look, gives it a more sporty vibe, feels as light as it does on the OEM nato, but fits the case better.

    T Fit clasp I feel is going to be a game changer, especially when it gets hot (if this summer ever starts).







  18. #21068
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    A mile or two outside of London
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    This has just arrived, first impressions are very good




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congratulations, an awesome watch for the money and I see now all sold out apart from the vintage lume date version. I've had mine four year and love it.

  19. #21069
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    4,497
    My second try at a 25. Love the waffle dial.

    Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

  20. #21070
    Craftsman wigdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Hove,UK
    Posts
    547
    G- shock GW-5000U.
    All the watch I should ever need.....


    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

  21. #21071
    Don't like the OEM Bond bracelet, but everything else (full-sized, quartz) is perfect.








  22. #21072
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    London,UK
    Posts
    252
    Bit of a marmite watch but lucky to get the call!

    Loving the 5 link bracelet and t clasp. Definitely the way forward over faux rivets for me.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #21073
    Master davidj54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,470
    Grabbed this Seiko SPB143 at a good price on eBay, full set keeping excellent time. The Diashield coating makes it all look a shade darker than normal stainless steel, and also means itís more or less minty condition. This is the original 143, with no lume index at the 3. Wears very nicely, enjoying it so far.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #21074
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    3,976
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    Bit of a marmite watch but lucky to get the call!

    Loving the 5 link bracelet and t clasp. Definitely the way forward over faux rivets for me.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As an owner of a BB chrono, that is a peach in my eyes, great buy.
    Bracelet really does lift the watch IMHO.
    Here's my boring old thing, do love it though.


    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

  25. #21075
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Lake District
    Posts
    2,897
    After 7 years of searching I've finally got.my hands on an Obris Morgan Infinity. Won't be to everyone's tastes but I love a well built chunky diver....and this is just that:

  26. #21076
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Merseyside
    Posts
    904


    Bit the bullet and paid the premium


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #21077
    Craftsman wigdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Hove,UK
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post


    Bit the bullet and paid the premium


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lovely. I doubt you will regret it

    Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

  28. #21078
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,028
    Dear lord, please let this be the last watch i buy (for a while!) Amen.


  29. #21079
    Master beechcustom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    5,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Dear lord, please let this be the last watch i buy (for a while!) Amen.
    Great watch, congrats! I love the phantom hands.

  30. #21080
    so this came in.

    I really wanted a bezel tool watch but felt the DA47 maybe too much so plumbed for this instead.

    Seeing if I bond with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  31. #21081
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North
    Posts
    19,196
    Blog Entries
    2
    Looks good Sam. The matching seconds hand and date wheel is a lovely touch.

  32. #21082
    SBGX085. Now up to 4 GSÖ


  33. #21083

    Cool



    So well worth the wait...

  34. #21084
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    so this came in.

    I really wanted a bezel tool watch but felt the DA47 maybe too much so plumbed for this instead.

    Seeing if I bond with it.
    Nice. I don't envisage ever being without at least one, such good tool watches.

  35. #21085

    The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

    One angry cat plus a cheap Geckata that I think looks very nice in the flesh.






    Sent from a technical device

  36. #21086
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post


    So well worth the wait...
    And we have a winner!! Stunning.

  37. #21087
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    1,196
    Pizza time!

  38. #21088
    First new watch for a while, unfortunately the strap isnít long enough and I have had to order a longer one. I might pop it on a bracelet for now.

  39. #21089
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Dear lord, please let this be the last watch i buy (for a while!) Amen.
    It would seem the lord has a perverse sense of humour, as today out of the blue i ďgot the callĒ!!

  40. #21090
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    First new watch for a while, unfortunately the strap isnít long enough and I have had to order a longer one. I might pop it on a bracelet for now.
    Nice catch Greg, hope all is well?

  41. #21091
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
    Nice catch Greg, hope all is well?
    Cheers Vince, getting there mate

  42. #21092
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lincs.
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    It would seem the lord has a perverse sense of humour, as today out of the blue i ďgot the callĒ!!
    Sod's law
    I guess you took advantage of the call?

    A few years ago, my old man bought a Tudor BB GMT thinking he'd never get a call for a Pepsi... A few weeks later guess what, I ended up buying his BB GMT

  43. #21093
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    1,406



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  44. #21094
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    1,406



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #21095
    Journeyman Ikincooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    160
    2nd BLNR Iíve had and very happy to have one againÖ




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  46. #21096
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    19,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikincooper View Post
    2nd BLNR Iíve had and very happy to have one again
    The Friday thread post makes more sense now. Very nice.

  47. #21097
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikincooper View Post
    2nd BLNR Iíve had and very happy to have one againÖ




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good choice, I may soon be on the lookout for my third!!! Sold and regretted, bought again, sold and regretted! I still prefer these to the Pepsi.

  48. #21098
    Journeyman Ikincooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The Friday thread post makes more sense now. Very nice.
    Haha, indeed my watches normally reside on my left wrist!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  49. #21099
    Quite the Omega collection you are building, Steve.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevie996 View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  50. #21100
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Blackwood, South Wales
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Quite the Omega collection you are building, Steve.
    Hi Jon,

    Thanks for noticing. Yes, it's becoming an obsession.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information