closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 351 of 419 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401 ... LastLast
Results 17,501 to 17,550 of 20901

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Great choice Ken!.

Bit of a hiatus for me currently TBH. I lost my Mum in April and we are pretty much at the point of settling the estate after probate etc. I have an initial release of funds prior to the sale of the property and the 'old me' would have just spaffed the funds on another for the collection. I have deliberated for a couple of weeks and I (apparently) have become sensible and will be using the monies to pay of the remainder of the mortgage we have.

A real change of heart and an open mind has resulted in this:-

Loving it so far - normal service may be resumed later.........
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

With a 100m water resistance rating, silicone balance manual wound movement with 60 hour power reserve, it's a no brainer. Collected today and I'm more than happy.

Last edited by j111dja; 8th October 2022 at 12:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Great choice Ken!.

Bit of a hiatus for me currently TBH. I lost my Mum in April and we are pretty much at the point of settling the estate after probate etc. I have an initial release of funds prior to the sale of the property and the 'old me' would have just spaffed the funds on another for the collection. I have deliberated for a couple of weeks and I (apparently) have become sensible and will be using the monies to pay of the remainder of the mortgage we have.

Condolences for the loss of your mum, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Condolences for the loss of your mum, Chris.
    Thanks Tony, much appreciated.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    With a 100m water resistance rating, silicone balance manual wound movement with 60 hour power reserve, it's a no brainer. Collected today and I'm more than happy.
    No-brainer indeed: I really like that. Enjoy!

My new Mark XX. Love the racing green dial. IWC has nailed the bracelet - quick micro adjust via a button on the clasp, the ability to add or remove links in seconds via a button on each link and the quick release system which means you can change the strap without tools. Nice and thin, 100m WR, 120 hours power reserve. An ideal daily watch, I think.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

I always quite liked the quirkiness of Alan Silberstein watches, and have been on the look out for a reasonably cheap one, but never got round to taking the plunge. Went to Newark Antiques Fair this week, and in amongst a whole load of fairly dull and mostly overpriced Omegas and Rolex, I saw this. Got it at a decent price and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    That's not good, can I ask why it's not already on its way back to AP under warranty, assuming you bought it new? Looks great otherwise
    Tbh I have no idea what's acceptable and don't want to be a Karen about it. Whenever it goes for a first service or warranty issue I'll probably question it but I didn't notice it until the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Some stunning incomings recently. I took delivery of this a few days back. I think there was more chance of Everton winning the Champions League than the was me getting the call, so after a bit of honest haggling this beauty on SC found it’s way to me.
    A beauty. I'm not even allowed on the list for one!

Love the BLRO. The BLNR doesn't even compare imo and it's even better on oyster.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Tbh I have no idea what's acceptable and don't want to be a Karen about it. Whenever it goes for a first service or warranty issue I'll probably question it but I didn't notice it until the macro.
    Cheers and fair enough, although I don't think Karen needs to worry about raising that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Great choice Ken!.

Sorry for your loss, never an easy thing to deal with after a loved one passes away.

Love the BLRO. The BLNR doesn't even compare imo and it's even better on oyster.
    Thank you. I think it’s a configuration that some thought Rolex wouldn’t do. I remember when the white gold BLRO first came out with the ceramic insert and oyster bracelet and people thought there wouldn’t be a steel version and for a while there wasn’t. When it did eventually come out it was on a jubilee which fitted in with the above. I’m surprised that Rolex have added the oyster option as it is now almost identical to the WG version.

I’m glad they did though

Some stunning incomings recently. I took delivery of this a few days back. I think there was more chance of Everton winning the Champions League than the was me getting the call, so after a bit of honest haggling this beauty on SC found it’s way to me.
    Congratulations Ken
    Love the colour of the bezel combination on the ceramic bezels.

I was only thinking a few weeks ago that I'm surprised to have not seen these doing the rounds, really great homage.

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    My new Mark XX. Love the racing green dial. IWC has nailed the bracelet - quick micro adjust via a button on the clasp, the ability to add or remove links in seconds via a button on each link and the quick release system which means you can change the strap without tools. Nice and thin, 100m WR, 120 hours power reserve. An ideal daily watch, I think. Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk
    The bracelet is certainly substantial and well made.
    Though, have to say to being disappointed by the straps.
    They are quite thin, perhaps, because I am use to Hirsch straps, which are quite thick.
    But for £240 a strap, still a lot.
    Of course, you do benefit from the Easy Change.

I'm obviously in a (very) small minority here. I struggle to pick mine out to wear when I go to the safe, and it's entirely due to the oyster. The oysters PCLs to be specific. Can't stand them. Love the watch but hate the bracelet.
    I ordered the jubilee as soon as I bought the watch, but they were on back order, so I won't get it until December now. It sucks as it's one of my favourite watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I'm obviously in a (very) small minority here. I struggle to pick mine out to wear when I go to the safe, and it's entirely due to the oyster. The oysters PCLs to be specific. Can't stand them. Love the watch but hate the bracelet.
    I ordered the jubilee as soon as I bought the watch, but they were on back order, so I won't get it until December now. It sucks as it's one of my favourite watches.
    I really don't like PCLs either and that's probably one of the reasons I never wear my BLNR, but I'd overlook it for a BLRO, or get it brushed.

PCLs are ultimately why I didn't get a WG Sub in the end. Really don't like them.

I really don't like PCLs either and that's probably one of the reasons I never wear my BLNR, but I'd overlook it for a BLRO, or get it brushed.

PCLs are ultimately why I didn't get a WG Sub in the end. Really don't like them.
    Agreed, which is why I got my BLNR brushed. Infinitely better.

Fully agree. I did try wear it on a sub bracelet but my OCD couldn't enjoy it as I knew it wasn't the right bracelet. Doubt I'll keep my BLNR long term as it was a head not heart purchase and I've not even worn it a handful of times in the last 3 years.

Night and day, Tony. It looks great. I'll do the same when I'm back in the UK.

I can't even swap the Sub and EXPII bracelets over to it as all three lug are different widths.

Master
    Fully agree. I did try wear it on a sub bracelet but my OCD couldn't enjoy it as I knew it wasn't the right bracelet. Doubt I'll keep my BLNR long term as it was a head not heart purchase and I've not even worn it a handful of times in the last 3 years.
    I always thought the GMT on a sub bracelet with the glide lock clasp would be the perfect combo.

Journeyman
    Hi All,

Recently purchased this Omega 210.30.44.51.03.001 to mark my 42nd birthday. Managed to secure a decent discount from the Jamieson & Carry sale. It certainly has wrist presence, but I’m hoping not stupidly so!

[IMG] free image hosting[/IMG]
    Last edited by Mikelancs; 9th October 2022 at 13:44.

Enjoying this rather special Seiko.

Master
    This looks lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's so good - the bezel looks amazing

That looks great. I’m still enjoying my blnr on the PCLs but contemplating a switch to the 97200 glide lock or the 62510H jubilee I have lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    This looks lovely

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    That's so good - the bezel looks amazing
    Thank you guys.

It's an incredible watch.
    Last edited by j111dja; 9th October 2022 at 17:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    This looks lovely

+1. Really nice.

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

A half hour jaunt into town with No.1 Son, just to get some snacks and watch the world go by, turned into me chucking a monkey into Beaverbrooks and him weighing about 200gms more as a result.

Quality of the King Samurai is really very good - and the Save the Oceans LE dial is really really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    The bracelet is certainly substantial and well made.
    Though, have to say to being disappointed by the straps.
    They are quite thin, perhaps, because I am use to Hirsch straps, which are quite thick.
    But for £240 a strap, still a lot.
    Of course, you do benefit from the Easy Change.
    That's a shame. The oem Santoni strap that came with my Mark18 is nice and chunky. It's still got lots if life left in but I did look at the replacement straps from IWC and looks like they are thinner and not made by Santoni any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelancs View Post
    Hi All,

Recently purchased this Omega 210.30.44.51.03.001 to mark my 42nd birthday. Managed to secure a decent discount from the Jamieson & Carry sale. It certainly has wrist presence, but I’m hoping not stupidly so!
    Really like the look of that one. A nice birthday gift!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Really like the look of that one. A nice birthday gift!
    Cheers!

Yes, the blue varies so much depending on the light, from a very vibrant bright blue in direct sunlight, to almost dark navy/black.

Master
    That’s gorgeous!

Couldn't resist this 1980 W10 from SC...

Was going to try and get a Mellor 72 as I wouldn't worry about beating that up, but decided I'd rather have the real deal. Will go nicely with my '80 fatboy. Quite a bit rarer too, with 12000 of the G10s in circulation and only about 2000 of these.

Blog Entries
    Patek 7234G-001 Calatrava Travel Time (White gold with blue leather and white gold buckle). Received at last today. Maybe if you'd like a seperate thread?

And a relief to receive it safely.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 10th October 2022 at 23:04.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by twhp101 View Post
    Couldn't resist this 1980 W10 from SC...

Was going to try and get a Mellor 72 as I wouldn't worry about beating that up, but decided I'd rather have the real deal. Will go nicely with my '80 fatboy. Quite a bit rarer too, with 12000 of the G10s in circulation and only about 2000 of these.

Very nice and no worries of an aged Quartz movement packing up on you, which often happens to the 42 year old G10s. I do prefer the old CWC logo.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Patek 7234G-001 Calatrava Travel Time (White gold with blue leather and white gold buckle). Received at last today. Maybe if you'd like a seperate thread?

Oof! If Carlsberg did incomings!

Enjoy it Martyn! Superb!

Best thing on here in a long time. Congratulations!

specks of dusts on the indices, misaligned hour hand at 6:00 probably due to the incorrect ratios of the indices as there is no issue at 9:00 and kinda grainy crown...

Last edited by seikomatic; 11th October 2022 at 07:58.

Very nice and no worries of an aged Quartz movement packing up on you, which often happens to the 42 year old G10s. I do prefer the old CWC logo.
    Yep that is a worry. I set up a search on ebay for 536.121 but things very rarely pop up, and prices are crazy. Olivier gave it a full service a year or two ago and it even passed a pressure test, but I only wear it very occasionally which is frustrating given what it was built for.

Looking forward to getting hold of the W10 which will hopefully see much more wear and be more durable too!

Superb Martyn and now you have the contrast of yellow and white gold to choose from.

I bet.

Home time = UK?
    Good fit on your wrist.

G

NTH Devilray in grey.

Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    specks of dusts on the indices, misaligned hour hand at 6:00 probably due to the incorrect ratios of the indices as there is no issue at 9:00 and kinda grainy crown...

That's not good plus the best error is way too high.

Grand Master
    I wouldn't believe the info a mobile phone timegrapher app produces, especially with a heavy- cased watch like this. I sometimes struggle with a proper timegrapher, scattered plot is a sure sign that the device isn’t picking the signal up cleanly and its not unusual to see a beat error value that’s wrong.

Specs of dust under the dial can’t be disputed!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I wouldn't believe the info a mobile phone timegrapher app produces, especially with a heavy- cased watch like this. I sometimes struggle with a proper timegrapher, scattered plot is a sure sign that the device isn’t picking the signal up cleanly and its not unusual to see a beat error value that’s wrong.

Specs of dust under the dial can’t be disputed!
    You may be surprised at how accurate the app is. Saying that, a Timegrapher is the way to go.
    Last edited by j111dja; 11th October 2022 at 13:24.

Grand Master
    You may be surprised at how accurate the app is. Saying that, a Timegrapher is the way to go.
    Timegrapher displays the all- important amplitude data and allows the lift angle to be inputted, even after 10 years my cheapo Chinese copy of the Swiss machines is still performing well. Getting the microphone to pick up a clean signal with a heavy- cased watch can be a challenge, but if the Tinegraphers reading rubbish I can tell. Not sure how much a Chinese Timegrapher costs thesedays, but for anyone who’s really keen to check watches they’re well worth owning.

My SBGC247 has finally arrived after two failed purchase attempts and endless befuddling by FedEx. Adjusting the Titanium bracelet was simple enough, I much prefer the pins GS use on their Titanium bracelets to the tiny screws on their SS models. The watch is stunning and everything I hoped it would be, certainly a case of pics not really conveying how great it is in person. If ever I needed a light tent it is now to try and capture just how lovely it is.

SGBC247 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post

What app is this please, I think I need to DL and have a play with it?