closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 252 of 416 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 12,551 to 12,600 of 20785

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Nice. Always had a soft spot for these. It's a 42mm case isn't it? I thought it might wear too big hence me never grabbing one.
    It is a 44mm watch but wears smaller due to lug design so this can fit any wrist (no overhang). Light, simple, legible, quite thin and a true Tutima original design. The deep dial seems to float sometimes. Very comfortable bracelet, indestructible eta 2836, overall a really nice piece. Would recommend to anyone
    Last edited by martyloveswatches; 25th February 2021 at 07:48.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Just landed. Extremely strong first impressions
    What a pity the dumb b%#s*^%#+ don’t include a proprietary spring bar tool
    Seriously considering a whale shark, would be really interested in a wrist shot if possible. Great pick up btw, I’m assuming you paid RRP?

Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Seriously considering a whale shark, would be really interested in a wrist shot if possible. Great pick up btw, I’m assuming you paid RRP?
    Yes RRP. Here’s a wrist pic
    Wrist 6.7 which is fairly thin. Short lugs help it

Master
    A great purchase Rusty, the dial really works on this watch. Oris do produce some lovely watches at competitive prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Such a good looking watch, the best new watch I’ve seen recently.
    Thanks Kirk. Wasn’t sure if it was too similar to my MM at first but it really is a looker.

Master
    Thanks very much, that’s extremely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Surprise late birthday present from the wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a great classic and a lovely gift to get!

Another Sinn landed for me today. Now in double figures of 556’s I’ve owned!! Must keep this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Another Sinn landed for me today. Now in double figures of 556’s I’ve owned!! Must keep this one.

Can see why, every time I see one of these I think about getting one.

Great shot, hope your thinkpad is working better than mine is today!

Master
    Arrived last Saturday courtesy of Neil at Chronomaster. Put it on this cheapo yellow to see if it works and it does imo so now need a good yellow strap and I don't know where to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    Arrived last Saturday courtesy of Neil at Chronomaster. Put it on this cheapo yellow to see if it works and it does imo so now need a good yellow strap and I don't know where to get one.

I know this one, if it is yellow enough for you

Master
    Arrived today from the elves at Gnomon; 4 days! Been on my wish list for a little while. Have to say that first impressions are it is lovely :)

https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/col...21229508526134

Just a suggestion. I know it's not fancy, but I swear by these. Code SAVE25 will get you under the import threshold as well, so none of that faff to worry about.

Master
    Keep looking at them and turning away, don't like the end of the long part of the strap.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/col...21229508526134

Just a suggestion. I know it's not fancy, but I swear by these. Code SAVE25 will get you under the import threshold as well, so none of that faff to worry about.

That watch somehow asks for a rubber strap, but if you're looking for leather, you might want to consider this:

https://atelierferrer.com/collection.../novillo-tebeo

I ordered the red and brown and they should arrive tomorrow. The makers stand behind their product.

Keep looking at them and turning away, don't like the end of the long part of the strap.
    You may know this already, but the square at the end of the long part of the strap is totally genius IMO. The keeper has a small square on the inside of it that slots perfectly into that square hole on the end of the strap. So the keeper stays in place. You don't see the square at all once it's on wrist.

Check out this video, the relevant part starts at 3 mins 30 seconds in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktVGfduEKBA
    Last edited by M1011; 25th February 2021 at 19:54.

Master
    That I didn’t know thank you, will have to have a think. Silicone puts me off a bit too though but I suppose they’re cheap enough.

You may know this already, but the square at the end of the long part of the strap is totally genius IMO. The keeper has a small square on the inside of it that slots perfectly into that square hole on the end of the strap. So the keeper stays in place. You don't see the square at all once it's on wrist.

Check out this video, the relevant part starts at 3 mins 30 seconds in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktVGfduEKBA

Master
    Interesting thank you, will think but of course I’ll have to pay customs charges etc.???

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    That watch somehow asks for a rubber strap, but if you're looking for leather, you might want to consider this:

https://atelierferrer.com/collection.../novillo-tebeo

I ordered the red and brown and they should arrive tomorrow. The makers stand behind their product.

Ha, I totally forgot it's different now (not affected myself, based in Ireland). It's a ~€30 purchase in Spain, so you'd need to check where it falls.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    That's a great classic and a lovely gift to get!
    My first Sinn, I now see why they are highly regarded.

It looks rather nice.

There are some fantastic silicone straps available. Black with yellow. Soft and pliable.

I have a black/orange combo on my Damasko I got from Neil. Quick release spring bars too, so a doodle to fit and remove. Very subtle once on the wrist.

Last edited by j111dja; 25th February 2021 at 23:14.

Craftsman
    Just arrived. Been wanting one of these for years and finally bought one. Not sure about the Nato it came with, but it's growing on me. Love the watch though.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Master
    I posted this on the Friday thread but I like it enough to post twice. It arrived today courtesy of TheGent, a forum members who’s name matches his character. On a lovely horween but may end up on a perlon as the weather improves.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I posted this on the Friday thread but I like it enough to post twice. It arrived today courtesy of TheGent, a forum members who’s name matches his character. On a lovely horween but may end up on a perlon as the weather improves.

Looks great on the Horween. Can I ask what make the strap is? Looking for something similar but lighter brown.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 33mgb View Post
    Looks great on the Horween. Can I ask what make the strap is? Looking for something similar but lighter brown.

It was handmade for the previous owner TheGent. You could sent him a message and he should be able to share the details. It is a really well made strap and as you said suits the watch.

Master
    Nice subtle, understated arrival from Chrono24 today

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    It was handmade for the previous owner TheGent. You could sent him a message and he should be able to share the details. It is a really well made strap and as you said suits the watch.
    Jan (username vekslak) made it - stunning leather, can’t recommend Jan enough....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Jan (username vekslak) made it - stunning leather, can’t recommend Jan enough....

Great, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by 33mgb View Post
    Just arrived. Been wanting one of these for years and finally bought one. Not sure about the Nato it came with, but it's growing on me. Love the watch though.
    Great choice. Had every combo of NY0040, currently only yellow but I am planning to get one full lume again. The strap is a bit shiny for it imho but I remember it looked fantastic on orange rubber...
    Enjoy
    Last edited by martyloveswatches; 26th February 2021 at 14:53.

Been looking for ‘Save the Ocean’ Turtle for sometime, yesterday this one fell in my lap for a price I could not refuse!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    Arrived today from the elves at Gnomon; 4 days! Been on my wish list for a little while. Have to say that first impressions are it is lovely :)
    I’ve had my eye on one of those for a while now, but convinced myself I didn’t need another retro diver.

You’re not helping! :-)

Master
    This arrived in the week, I don’t have a GMT and I quite like busy dials on pilot/aviation watches.

I’ve seen Torgoen’s on some colleagues wrists over the years, and they’ve always been quite positive about them, but I always assumed they were all big 47mm watches. Ok, this is still 44mm, across the bezel, but works fine on my 7 3/4” flat wrist.

I got an email from Torgoen saying the new T21 Flight GMT was available to order, so took a punt. I’m impressed for a sub £300 quartz (with the fabric strap as well as the stock leather), the seconds hand hits all the markers (a personal bugbear of mine when they don’t!) and the case is extremely well finished with very crisp edges. The GMT hand lines up and does the job. I nearly ordered the cream dial, but went for the blue in the end.

Torgoen T21 GMT
    Torgoen T21 Flight GMT
    Torgoen T21 Flight GMT
    Last edited by Tooks; 26th February 2021 at 15:26.

Master
    My second in the last week and my first IWC. Much nice than the photo portrays. Yes that's an ill-fitting 18mm on it at the moment.

Master
    My second in the last week and my first IWC. Much nice than the photo portrays. Yes that's an ill-fitting 18mm on it at the moment.

I’ve had a couple of those. I particularly regret moving the first one on. Not so much the second though, which had a few issues Watchfinder didn’t resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    My first Sinn, I now see why they are highly regarded.
    If you enjoy it, you might fall down the rabbit hole! I never came back from it, I love many different kinds of watches, but sinn are really good at everything if you're not stopped by their design a bit...german!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by martyloveswatches View Post
    Great choice. Had every combo of NY0040, currently only yellow but I am planning to get one full lume again. The strap is a bit shiny for it imho but I remember it looked fantastic on orange rubber...
    Enjoy
    Thanks. I was thinking rubber was the way to go with this .

Master
    Quick couple of pics. Only just picked this up after months of deliberating on my first gold watch. Very happy. My pictures don’t do it justice - The blue bezel looks incredible!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Quick couple of pics. Only just picked this up after months of deliberating on my first gold watch. Very happy. My pictures don’t do it justice - The blue bezel looks incredible!

Looks amazing.

Craftsman
    Another forum buy for me. What a watch. Having come from mostly 40mm+ cases it takes a bit of getting used to but it is nice to have a few smaller, smarter pieces & this fills the special occasions slot perfectly.
    Testament to the movement, despite the 70yr odd age, the winding action is more positive than any other I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    Another forum buy for me. What a watch. Having come from mostly 40mm+ cases it takes a bit of getting used to but it is nice to have a few smaller, smarter pieces & this fills the special occasions slot perfectly.
    Testament to the movement, despite the 70yr odd age, the winding action is more positive than any other I've had.

Understated elegance. I was admiring that ever since Dunk posted it, it's a lovely thing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Understated elegance. I was admiring that ever since Dunk posted it, it's a lovely thing.
    Thanks, I'm very pleased with it & Dunk was superb to deal with.

I've looked at several Sinns in the past and wanted one for a while, but never thought this would be my first. But I love it, so legible and a great size.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post

Very nice looking watch, especially that bracelet

Very nice indeed. Playing with the man maths again, I find it incredible that the list price of this watch is more than £10k higher than the cost of my first house in 1984 which required a 25 year mortgage to buy.

Enjoy, lovely to see one in the flesh and I think much nicer than the previous Blue dial version, though I'm sure there are those who have to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by will128small View Post
    I've looked at several Sinns in the past and wanted one for a while, but never thought this would be my first. But I love it, so legible and a great size.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    Congratulations! I’ve also picked one of those up too. Enjoy!!

Master
    Thanks Rob :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    Looks amazing.
    I agree Ken, I’ve spent a lot of time comparing watches I’ve bought to other things in the past. Even things today. My wife says I always over think everything so I’m trying to knock that on the head.

The blue bezel really is lovely - my lack of photographic talent doesn’t really show it in its best light!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Very nice indeed. Playing with the man maths again, I find it incredible that the list price of this watch is more than £10k higher than the cost of my first house in 1984 which required a 25 year mortgage to buy.

Enjoy, lovely to see one in the flesh and I think much nicer than the previous Blue dial version, though I'm sure there are those who have to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Having bought my first house in 2015, I'd just like to say that life is not fair

Having bought my first house in 2015, I'd just like to say that life is not fair
    Was a bit of a steal at the time. Built just after WW1 it was a lovely house overlooking the Mersey, across to Formby and out to Liverpool Bay. Some old dear had just died and the house was run down. Wish I'd kept it now, be worth about £350k, which is probably still peanuts against prices down South.

Now that is special and very different from the RG DD40.

Rdunae 6105-8000 homage on Di Modell Rallye: