closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 250 of 416 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,500 of 20785

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by redsox78 View Post
    I just bought this insane Seiko. I think general the forum would dislike it, but I am totally in love.

It's a special edition Presage, made to commemorate the Studio Ghibli film 'Porco Rosso' (pig, flys a seaplane, gets baddies...yes, only in Japan!). I love this because it fits my geeky/pop culture nature, but also the general aviation / racing theme. Anyway, I'll use one pic from elsewhere then mine. Sort of mini review. And at the end I'll say why it also feels quite personal...

So why do I love this so much.

1. It just looks beautiful, especially the dial, I like the sort of vintage almost imperfection of the enamel. And the case is really nicely finished, beautiful thin hands and bone coloured hour and minute.
    2. Easy to forget how good the 8r48 chrono movement is.
    3. The whole package is really luxurious, never seen a Seiko box and stuff like it!
    3. It's fun!
    4. My surname starts with an 'R' so the crown feels almost personalised. Add to that...
    5. It is a limited edition of 600. I do not think many came to the UK. Mine is number 8! And the cool thing is, my birth month is August.

So I am chuffed to bits!!
    That’s the most gorgeous watch I’ve seen in a long time! Great catch well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redsox, that Porco Rossi is fantastic! I absolutely love that, yes, perhaps not conventional but the design is fun and funky, and the execution looks top-class. Love it.

I’ve had incoming today too, MUCH more conventional though something of a departure from my usual style (it’s got a black dial, that’s about it for “fit”!).

The Seiko Tunas have fascinated me for a good while, but I’ve never quite had the guts to commit. That all changed last year when I got one of the new “Safari” solar Arnies. Crazily too big for me, stupid enormous buttons and crown, etc etc - but it has been a sleeper hit and is now a regular beater. I’ve put it on green-and-red Erika’s MN strap and have decided it rocks.

It isn’t really a Proper Tuna though, the shroud and bezel are present and correct but there’s a screw down back and only 200m WR. The Real Deal is different again. Some recent veterinary good news has freed my hand a little so I started looking for a monobloc, titanium, quartz powered Tuna. And found one, at a sensible price, on eBay. Result.

Darth arrived today. It is of course far too big, and has a distinctly challenging aesthetic. It came from a Japanese dealer so has a kanji day wheel (good) and a completely worthless Japan-only guarantee (less good). But by god, I like it an awful lot. It’s very light, it’s comfortable, some weird magical perspective trick makes it wear much smaller than its frankly hilarious dimensions would suggest, and it oozes build quality. The second hand hits the markers, if that’s something you care about. I’m absolutely hooked.

(Aside: I know it has the “new Prospex” hands and branding: I don’t mind the “X” and I actively prefer these hands. It couldn’t be clearer to read.)

Next step: Erika’s MN, obviously, and I’ll probably try it on a Rios canvas strap I’ve got somewhere, too. A couple of quick-and-dirties below as I know we’ve all seen one before.

I just bought this insane Seiko. I think general the forum would dislike it, but I am totally in love.

1. It just looks beautiful, especially the dial, I like the sort of vintage almost imperfection of the enamel. And the case is really nicely finished, beautiful thin hands and bone coloured hour and minute.
    These two answers are good enough for me. It's a stunner IMHO.
    Last edited by j111dja; 16th February 2021 at 14:39.

Craftsman
    Picked this up.. cheap as its a mod... but I actually love the overall look...

Picked up this dinner plate a few days ago. Really liking it so far but I do wish they made a 45mm instead of this 47mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    Picked this up.. cheap as its a mod... but I actually love the overall look...

It looks great.

They are great fun the 62MAS mods.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    It looks great.

That’s a lovely dial, it is a lot of fun

It looks great.

That’s lovely - what’s it based on?

Stunning....

Master
    Quick pic of a DC66 to join the DA47 and a DC56si that's currently on loan to my eldest. Fancied trying one for a while and not disappointed at all. It might be a fraction big for me but it's on a strap I had to hand so will try a few combos before making a final decision.
    I'd like both my boys to have a Damasko in due course as I think they're the perfect blend of quality v price as a daily wearer and yet still quite unusual for those that aren't in on the secret!
    Last edited by deepreddave; 16th February 2021 at 21:38.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    That’s lovely - what’s it based on?

It's a homage to this, the SBDC059.

It does have a good spec. Double domed top hat sapphire, domed and lumed sapphire bezel insert and the Seiko calibre NH35 nicely regulated.
    Last edited by j111dja; 16th February 2021 at 22:09.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Been waiting for this one, finally arrived today. Thought better order my favourite Regulator before they're all gone, this one is 96 out of 98.

Very nice, that'd be my pick of his round dial watches as well. I'm a sucker for bronze or copper dials.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Stunning....

Saw that on SC and makes you realize how much watch you can get for reasonable money.

It's a special edition Presage, made to commemorate the Studio Ghibli film 'Porco Rosso' (pig, flys a seaplane, gets baddies...yes, only in Japan!). I love this because it fits my geeky/pop culture nature, but also the general aviation / racing theme. Anyway, I'll use one pic from elsewhere then mine. Sort of mini review. And at the end I'll say why it also feels quite personal...

3. The whole package is really luxurious, never seen a Seiko box and stuff like it!
    3. It's fun!
    4. My surname starts with an 'R' so the crown feels almost personalised. Add to that...
    5. It is a limited edition of 600. I do not think many came to the UK. Mine is number 8! And the cool thing is, my birth month is August.

Absolutely love that. Great piece!

Enjoy it,
    Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

It's a homage to this, the SBDC059.

It does have a good spec. Double domed top hat sapphire, domed and lumed sapphire bezel insert and the Seiko calibre NH35 nicely regulated.
    It looks great. I was wondering what the base of your watch was, is it a Seiko case?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    It looks great. I was wondering what the base of your watch was, is it a Seiko case?

The donor watch was a Shirryu SBDC053 homage model. It is a well made case. Butter smooth crown with several turns. Nice bezel action. It's pretty impressive.

The donor watch was a Shirryu SBDC053 homage model. It is a well made case. Butter smooth crown with several turns. Nice bezel action. It's pretty impressive.
    Thanks so much!

Master
    Always fancied trying one of these, just arrived but very pleased with it.

Master
    I picked up this lovely vintage Longines last week.

3. It's fun!

Plus Porco Rosso is a great film (Miyazaki is a genius). Stunning watch, love that!

Journeyman
    First AP. So chuffed! First impression. I’m in love with the bracelet. I’m so used to oyster or jubilee bracelets.

Nice! I can never seem to get on with APs due to my small wrists.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    First AP. So chuffed! First impression. I’m in love with the bracelet. I’m so used to oyster or jubilee bracelets.

That really is nice.

Master

Congrats that’s a lovely watch and great presence on the wrist! I nearly got the panda a few months back.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Congrats that’s a lovely watch and great presence on the wrist! I nearly got the panda a few months back.
    Thanks! Yes it is a tad big for me but I think it just about works. You are right about presence. It’s so shiny. The panda is awesome! I was tossing up between that and this.

Master
    Full set coming in from Poland

Very nice. Long wait?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Very nice. Long wait?
    Surprisingly not long at all. Told the ad I was contemplating and it came
    the the next day.. I do have previous history so that prob helped.

Craftsman
    Been watching his YouTube channel for a while now, so took the plunge and ordered one of his own branded watches, obviously a homage to the Datejust, but for the money, it has a Miyota 9015 saphire crystal, AR on underside, sunburst dial is lovely, minimal dial logo, tasteful colour of applied logo , indices are good, date window nicely proportioned, great comfortable bracelet. good daily wear..
    Long Island watches Islander ..

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    This is a really strange one.

I bought the mil-spec last year. On day 2 the crown wouldnt screw back in, so off it went to Blancpain for a service via Bond Street.
    Arrived back this January, happy days.
    Last week the boutique emailed me to ask if I was happy with the service, was the watch running okay, do I have any suggestions for improvement, can they do anything else for me bla bla. I responded saying that their service imo had been impeccable and that I couldn't think of any improvements, and semi-jokingly added that if they found a Barakuda in the back of the vaults then to let me know ASAP. (didn't think there was a chance in hell as it was released in 2019)

Monday, I receive an email to say that they have access to a Barakuda and do I want it? They can call it in.
    So after a not a small amount of panic I said yes please, and here it is.

I dont know how it didn't get sold. Its a low serial number so it cant be a late-out-the-gate.
    Nonetheless, the stickers were peeled off and here it is with its brother. I absolutely LOVE it.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

I bought the mil-spec last year. On day 2 the crown wouldnt screw back in, so off it went to Blancpain for a service via Bond Street.
    Last week the boutique emailed me to ask if I was happy with the service, was the watch running okay, do I have any suggestions for improvement, can they do anything else for me bla bla. I responded saying that their service imo had been impeccable and that I couldn't think of any improvements, and semi-jokingly added that if they found a Barakuda in the back of the vaults then to let me know ASAP. (didn't think there was a chance in hell as it was released in 2019)

Monday, I receive an email to say that they have access to a Barakuda and do I want it? They can call it in.

I dont know how it didn't get sold. Its a low serial number so it cant be a late-out-the-gate.
    Nonetheless, the stickers were peeled off and here it is with its brother. I absolutely LOVE it.

wow what a pair... congrats!

Amazing

Blog Entries

Absolutely stunning! Congratulations.

Master
    Not a manufacturer I've ever craved but 40mm and a lovely vintage vibe means that ticks a lot of boxes. Congrats and I'm guessing it's an investment/risk free purchase so happy days in every way . Great to see.

Wow, that’s a touch, very nice... so much for the retirement :)

That is lovely, C 👍👍
    Last edited by RAJEN; 18th February 2021 at 21:14.

Master
    Nice pair C

Craftsman
    Picked up today by Mrs Weasel for my 50th in a couple of weeks.... now hidden away picture taken when she went to collect it. 3c6f0d30-a5bb-4d27-bef4-ed1ab76ec2b2.jpg

verv, quite the duo. Very nice.

Lovely pair @verv! Always worth asking - you never know! And I agree - the London Blancpain boutique's customer service is excellent.

Craftsman

Very nice. Is that the 41mm?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Just received a Seiko Tuna courtesy of will128small of this parish. Absolutely thrilled with it cheers Will!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Very nice. Is that the 41mm?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Yea sir.

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post

Even with all the nice watches on this thread I like this the most, gonna wear my bubble this weekend

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post

I'd been watching that one.Keen to know what you think.

3. It's fun!

That looks fantastic but you’ll need the white dial version to go with it, possibly a Porco Rosso Navitimer too?

One of my favourite films, especially the phantom squadron sequence borrowed from Roald Dahl.

I hadn’t realised that the hands are bone coloured, what an interesting detail.

Great watch - lucky you!

Regards

Jon.

Just in thanks to a heads up on here. Straight onto a nato. Lovely thing!

I now have a two Seiko collection again!

Master
    this arrived yesterday ,its the"Portsea" by the Melbourne Watch Co,down under,didnt know they existed before i saw the ad.interesting porcelain 3 layer dial..
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 20th February 2021 at 11:28. Reason: spelin

I’ve owned a Snowflake previously, but just been absolutely blown away by my new arrival, the Skyflake.

Lucky coincidence and I managed to get this today.