closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 239 of 416 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 11,901 to 11,950 of 20767

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SiSetts View Post
    Thankyou.
    Have done a bit of searching on the internet about the watch. I think it could be a replacement by what I have seen so far. Going to try a bit more searching as I want to find out as much as I can about it.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    To be honest it would not bother me in the slightest as it’s lovely. If you have not done so, have a search over at MWR there was thread on these recently (in the last year). I am sure Steve Harris on here will know about it as well as he loves an Enicar.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 29th December 2020 at 16:00.

Craftsman
    Thankyou again.
    The reason I want to find out about it is it belonged to my Dad. It was a gift to him from my late Nan in 1963 this is engraved on the caseback. Unsure why only Nan as my late Grandad was still alive then!! Sat in a cupboard for years. My big brother was then given the watch a couple of years ago after he asked if he could have it. Which was strange, as I had told him I was going to ask!!
    Then on Xmas day my big brother gave it to me, as I have had a very tough year.
    Will check out that thread and maybe ask Steve Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by SiSetts View Post
    Thankyou again.
    The reason I want to find out about it is it belonged to my Dad. It was a gift to him from my late Nan in 1963 this is engraved on the caseback. Unsure why only Nan as my late Grandad was still alive then!! Sat in a cupboard for years. My big brother was then given the watch a couple of years ago after he asked if he could have it. Which was strange, as I had told him I was going to ask!!
    Then on Xmas day my big brother gave it to me, as I have had a very tough year.
    Will check out that thread and maybe ask Steve Harris.

Ah even better for being a family watch with history.
    You have me googling them now, I have always wanted a Sherpa dive (among others of course)

https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guide...-crown-models/

This site has some good info on the history, they were / are a quality dive watch.

After missing out on the Burrell’s sale I reached out to the local Blancpain AD and secured a decent deal on the titanium Fifty Fathoms, wears extremely well and beautifully made. Excuse the awful pictures, very quick snaps in awful light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superb watches these. Need to be seen in the metal to appreciate I feel and also wears small for a 45mm case too.
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post
    After missing out on the Burrell’s sale I reached out to the local Blancpain AD and secured a decent deal on the titanium Fifty Fathoms, wears extremely well and beautifully made. Excuse the awful pictures, very quick snaps in awful light.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Ah even better for being a family watch with history.
    You have me googling them now, I have always wanted a Sherpa dive (among others of course)

https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guide...-crown-models/

This site has some good info on the history, they were / are a quality dive watch.
    Thankyou for the link. Will have a good read when time allows.

Blog Entries
    Finally got this on the wrist today. Well pleased.

Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 29th December 2020 at 20:01.

A brand I would have never considered it actually a pretty decent watch! ETA movement and 200m water resistance. Will be a decent holiday watch for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post

Absolutely lovely, congratulations.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post

New for me, H003 60th piece. First steel GS with that new amazing hi beat movement
    That's a beauty Kash!

Do you think it's worth the premium over the SBGH281 (Superman)?

I'm currently trying to decide between the two.

Thanks

This just arrived: Revue Thommen titanium quartz chronograph, with the ETA 251.282 movement with a central minute counter, similar to what you’d find in a Breitling M1.
    Love the yellow dial!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    That's a beauty Kash!

Do you think it's worth the premium over the SBGH281 (Superman)?

I'm currently trying to decide between the two.

Thanks
    So that’s a great question.
    + the 003 is thinner and the case works well, to me a large improvement and brings GS in line with other luxury brands
    + the 003 movement is light years ahead, it should be as its brand new and some great inventions in it. 80 hour pr on a high beat says a lot! The finish is the best I’ve ever seen on a GS, the movement is stunning whereas before Gs was average.
    + lower limited edition numbers and a real 60th to me. It is and will be the only steel 60th with the new movement. Also I love that the 1969-2020 blah blah is on the rotor and not just eched on the glass like they normally do. This will be the only steel with that rotor, again a plus for it being a special 60th model
    + hand and markers are different and more sporty, works well with the overall look of the model, this feels like a more sporty model
    + bracelet is the best of a GS. Period. It’s thicker and better built, more sturdy and overall just lovely. The gold GS logo is a nice touch

- and this is a major one, price. It’s priced a lot higher as you are paying for all the above! Also in the past I’ve seen deals on the other 60ths making the gap potentially larger. However the H003 is a special and stand out model. Also I’ve seen the non limited versions of this coming next year, one with a snowflake type dial and they are all priced like this now, it’s the price of entry with all the latest changes so we should get use to GS pricing higher

So, worth it? To me yes. However the other model is still a GS and still awesome so no bad answer. All depends on the value you place on all the above, or if you actually prefer the look of the other model

Cheers

Master
    Blog Entries

Couple more pics to help with all that blurb

Attachment 18633 My new arrival and my last watch for quite some time.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    So that’s a great question.
    + the 003 is thinner and the case works well, to me a large improvement and brings GS in line with other luxury brands
    + the 003 movement is light years ahead, it should be as its brand new and some great inventions in it. 80 hour pr on a high beat says a lot! The finish is the best I’ve ever seen on a GS, the movement is stunning whereas before Gs was average.
    + lower limited edition numbers and a real 60th to me. It is and will be the only steel 60th with the new movement. Also I love that the 1969-2020 blah blah is on the rotor and not just eched on the glass like they normally do. This will be the only steel with that rotor, again a plus for it being a special 60th model
    + hand and markers are different and more sporty, works well with the overall look of the model, this feels like a more sporty model
    + bracelet is the best of a GS. Period. It’s thicker and better built, more sturdy and overall just lovely. The gold GS logo is a nice touch

- and this is a major one, price. It’s priced a lot higher as you are paying for all the above! Also in the past I’ve seen deals on the other 60ths making the gap potentially larger. However the H003 is a special and stand out model. Also I’ve seen the non limited versions of this coming next year, one with a snowflake type dial and they are all priced like this now, it’s the price of entry with all the latest changes so we should get use to GS pricing higher

So, worth it? To me yes. However the other model is still a GS and still awesome so no bad answer. All depends on the value you place on all the above, or if you actually prefer the look of the other model

Cheers
    Thanks for a detailed reply Kash, it's very much appreciated.

I'm in two minds about it. The 003 has the epic movement and the thinner case, but the 281 has the two red lines of text on the dial and the hour hand that ends in a point.

I need to do some more thinking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    This just arrived: Revue Thommen titanium quartz chronograph, with the ETA 251.282 movement with a central minute counter, similar to what you’d find in a Breitling M1.
    Love the yellow dial!

Like that a lot - and always good to see something a bit different on here

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

Very nice ND is for me the standout in the new version, dimensions spot on...the AR improvement over previous model makes dial less reflective and easier to read...great choice...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Very nice ND is for me the standout in the new version, dimensions spot on...the AR improvement over previous model makes dial less reflective and easier to read...great choice...
    Yes. Quite noticeable - though it could be the angle of the YM giving a greater reflection.

Yes. Quite noticeable - though it could be the angle of the YM giving a greater reflection.

Interesting picture as I tried on the DSotM (which I thought would be too big for me) in store last week and actually really liked it, but from your picture the new Sub looks even heftier than that (of course the sub would have been magnified a bit due to the angle of the shot). Btw I love the Navitimer 1959 reissue, absolute cracker

Last edited by tommyzzj; 29th December 2020 at 23:28.

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Not my purchase, but arrived from my best mate as one of my Xmas presents, and a lot more interesting than a bottle of booze. He’s a big Life Aquatic fan, so I now have the Steve Zissou Amfibia and some straps too.
    A lot of love for the Zissou here
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Ace. That's literally my wish list for 2021 (other than a sundial I've got my eye on )

This bremont arrived this morning , swapped it straight onto a heritageleather strap

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

A 1978 7548-700b with lovely patina and a double domed sapphire on a Timefactors original model black Nato:

New daily manual wind. I like slim watches.

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    New daily manual wind. I like slim watches.

Love that bud!

Just unboxed this beauty! A quick resize and thrown it on the wrist..... So far, granted I'm talking 10mins it feels and looks bloody great! I've had the ETA Black Bay with the red bezel in the past and loved it but it always felt a bit chunky, this seems just right IMO.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    Love the yellow dial!

Looks somehow much larger on your wrist than mine. Mine is probably 38-39mm. Is yours the XL?
    I love the way the chrono hands reset on these

well as 2020 is finally nearly in the rear view mirror I got a very pleasant and unexpected surprise..

I have to say I overlooked Sky-Dweller at launch - but now completely get it what a fabulous watch and amazing piece of engineering..

Master
    Still loving this, after a week.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    well as 2020 is finally nearly in the rear view mirror I got a very pleasant and unexpected surprise..

I have to say I overlooked Sky-Dweller at launch - but now completely get it what a fabulous watch and amazing piece of engineering..
    Nice! In before the price rise as well.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Nice! In before the price rise as well.
    Is that an actual price rise or the one invented on here

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Is that an actual price rise or the one invented on here
    I did hear that from an AD in Bedford, but then she was trying to sell me a two tone Datejust so :)

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    I did hear that from an AD in Bedford, but then she was trying to sell me a two tone Datejust so :)

I suspect that people aren't bothered either way. If you get for the call for something desirable most people won't turn it down just because a bit more has been added on. Obviously better if the AD will let you have it at the pre-increase price.

Master
    It’s very coincidental that when they are trying to sell you a date just, especially a two tone, there’s always a rise around the corner :-)

I bet no AD has ever said ‘if you’re not sure, I’d buy this steel Daytona today bud as there’s a price rise coming next month’.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    It’s very coincidental that when they are trying to sell you a date just, especially a two tone, there’s always a rise around the corner :-)

I bet no AD has ever said ‘if you’re not sure, I’d buy this steel Daytona today bud as there’s a price rise coming next month’.
    haha many years ago maybe - those days are long gone

Master
    Blog Entries
    Always liked the Portuguese Automatic but the 7 day looked just that bit too big for me, this one fits just right. Has the in house 82200 movement with the pellaton winding system in ceramic.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    This Sinn arrived just before Christmas courtesy of SC. Been worn everyday, delighted with it, comfortable and does everything a watch needs to do. Tegimented case which should keep it looking clean even if it gets a whack. New Red silicone strap also arriving today.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

This arrived through the post this morning from Italy (a miracle in itself)...

A tritium dial 14060 - over the moon

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Thats very appealing Oliver, clean and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by xdonolix View Post
    Always liked the Portuguese Automatic but the 7 day looked just that bit too big for me, this one fits just right. Has the in house 82200 movement with the pellaton winding system in ceramic.

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

This lovely 1960s Seiko arrived the same day as my 1815 Chronograph and cost less than 1% of the price. The great thing about this hobby is that there are lovely interesting watches to be enjoyed at all price levels.

This arrived through the post this morning from Italy (a miracle in itself)...
    Nice watch and lucky it arrived today - would have been a hefty VAT bill otherwise :)

That Seiko is lovely

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    NYE incoming, great job here from Longines on the new Spirit line.

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    NYE incoming, great job here from Longines on the new Spirit line.

Congrats. I tried it on two months ago and the dial is stunning.

I'm wondering if they went with two versions for each colourway: with and without the cut 3, or if they replaced one with the other at some point.

Landed last night.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Congrats. I tried it on two months ago and the dial is stunning.

I'm wondering if they went with two versions for each colourway: with and without the cut 3, or if they replaced one with the other at some point.
    Cheers. The one with the cut 3 is the 42mm version, where as my one is the 40mm without the three. They have provided a lot of options on this new line, 2 sizes and 3 colours, then there are the chronographs.

I’ve been looking at it more closely and the quality is there, lots of details on the casework, the finishing on the case and the dial is really hard to fault.

Ha, I tried on both, didn't register the size difference at all and discarded both as too uncomfortable on my wrist, much like IWC Mk XVIII.

I'll have to revisit.

Quote Originally Posted by xdonolix View Post

That's a beauty; really elegant and gorgeous display back

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Ha, I tried on both, didn't register the size difference at all and discarded both as too uncomfortable on my wrist, much like IWC Mk XVIII.

I'll have to revisit.
    It’s a sizeable watch with the long lugs so I think the 40mm is the one for most.

Journeyman
    Arrived today.

My first SC purchase but won't be my last :