Gone a little seiko nuts recently 3 that are incoming/arrived

That's funky

A very fine threesome you have there.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    That's funky

A very fine threesome you have there.
    1974 advan bought for the wife for Xmas, kind of like it for myself now. Dial was described as bat shit crazy by the seller. I’ve just picked up a NOS faceted crystal for it, so hopefully it should look quite something when finished. Certainly isn’t going to fly under the radar.
    Last edited by Coronet king; 14th November 2020 at 13:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Spookily, I saw these being advertised on a certain TV Channel last week, I was tempted myself, but wasn't sure about the bracelet and size.
    It might have come from that certain place! I'm wearing the bracelet on the second shortest micro-adjust, I'd say anyone with much smaller than 7.25 inch wrists would have to look at alternative bracelets or get the snips out. The micro-adjust should be good to maybe 8.25 inches.

The size of the case itself is a non-issue. While 44mm will undoubtedly sound big, thanks to the shape of the lugs it wears much smaller than my 41mm Black Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    It is a grail watch day today for me, I'm not sure if I've ever felt like this about any incoming watch before. It's a Panerai, and I first noticed these more than ten years ago. A peculiar Radiomir with a 40mm case, it felt like just the right match for my rather thin wrists. However, at the time they were 2-3x more than a SS Rolex and just too expensive for me. Funnily enough, these have not appreciated that much during the years, but they are now around the same price as a SS Rolex!-)

So, a 40mm Radiomir PAM00062, white gold, with Zenith Elite 680 ultrathin movement. Date like in Zenith watches between 4 and 5. The watch is very thin at around 11mm and fits very nicely on the wrist. This one has an original Panerai alligator strap and a matching 18K white gold pin and buckle. The watch is quite heavy for a leather strap watch!

I kind of want this to be one in my regular rotation, but on the other hand it kind of feel a bit delicate. We will see, anyway I will be wearing this regularly.

Not seen this model before,looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a grail watch day today for me, I'm not sure if I've ever felt like this about any incoming watch before. It's a Panerai, and I first noticed these more than ten years ago. A peculiar Radiomir with a 40mm case, it felt like just the right match for my rather thin wrists. However, at the time they were 2-3x more than a SS Rolex and just too expensive for me. Funnily enough, these have not appreciated that much during the years, but they are now around the same price as a SS Rolex!-)

So, a 40mm Radiomir PAM00062, white gold, with Zenith Elite 680 ultrathin movement. Date like in Zenith watches between 4 and 5. The watch is very thin at around 11mm and fits very nicely on the wrist. This one has an original Panerai alligator strap and a matching 18K white gold pin and buckle. The watch is quite heavy for a leather strap watch!

I kind of want this to be one in my regular rotation, but on the other hand it kind of feel a bit delicate. We will see, anyway I will be wearing this regularly.

An absolute stunner! That honey alligator is droolworthy. Never seen this Radiomir before but what a gorgeous watch it really is. Congratulations for having an opportunity to own it.

Master
    Delivered this morning, and very impressed

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    That is a very cool watch. No wonder it keeps getting snapped up in minutes!

Not my normal but I do fancy one of these, very nice

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    That is a very cool watch. No wonder it keeps getting snapped up in minutes!
    I agree 👍
    It is my third Damasko and my favourite so far. The bezel action is the best I have seen, including far more expensive watches

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Limited edition Steinhart just in. Difference is this one is 39mm instead of the 42mm. Wears like a dream

That looks smart

Now that really butters my muffin
    Wasn’t aware of its existence
    I really (normally) prefer Panerai to be plain and simple like my 111, but that is very tempting.
    Classy looking watch

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    That looks smart

Thanks Wes. It’s really very striking. Like it a lot

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Now that really butters my muffin
    Wasn’t aware of its existence
    I really (normally) prefer Panerai to be plain and simple like my 111, but that is very tempting.
    Classy looking watch
    Thanks guys, I'm really still over the moon with it. It's been serviced a year ago and the Zenith movement is ticking at +/- 0 for 24 hours so far.

While the original strap is super nice, I need to look for some options too. I'll post more pictures in the Panerai topic later.

Ball Timetrekker inbound. Blue face. Excited - a small treat for my forthcoming 50th.

Here is a bit of a catch-all "New Arrivals" photo, all got (or got back afer work) relatively recently. They are all a bit smaller than many in my collection, which is a good thing.

From the top

Smiths Astral from 1966. The gilt movement on these is a thing of total beauty, and for the outlay, everyone who considers himself a watch collector should treat themselves to a vintage Smiths as a dress watch. This one needed some work, but even after that it owes me less than many boutique brand watches, and it is gorgeous, especially with the angled linen dial, and the little red kite on the second hand.

1940s Lemania CH27 chronograph. I will do a separate thread on this one, but I have looked high and low for one of these, and am delighted to have one at last.

1940s Lemania 15TL Tuxedo. I bought this in order to swap in an NOS dial that I own, but the dial is too big, so I am back to the drawing board. Anyone want this?

Sinn U200 SDR. Amid all the hooha about the U50, I felt this Sinn had been forgotten. 2000m WR in a 37mm diameter case. I love it, even if it took me a few days to get used to wearing such a modern looking watch that is so small in diameter.

Dave

Anybody might think you have a thing about Lemania or something. The chronograph is very special.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Craftsman
    Lockdown pick up
    Click and collect

Now just need an orange rubber b for the spring

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Lockdown pick up
    Click and collect

Congratulations bud.

Looks lovely.

Master
    Lockdown pick up
    Click and collect

Orange canvas is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Orange canvas is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Or......

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Landed this morning. My first time trying a Zelos. 39mm case, 20mm lug width, 44mm lug length, 10.5mm thick. 200m WR, sapphire crystal and sapphire bezel, lumed dial & bezel, bracelet has screwed links, quick release spring bars and on the fly micro adjust. 12 hour bi-directional bezel for second time zone tracking. So far really impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Here is a bit of a catch-all "New Arrivals" photo, all got (or got back afer work) relatively recently. They are all a bit smaller than many in my collection, which is a good thing.

From the top

Smiths Astral from 1966. The gilt movement on these is a thing of total beauty, and for the outlay, everyone who considers himself a watch collector should treat themselves to a vintage Smiths as a dress watch. This one needed some work, but even after that it owes me less than many boutique brand watches, and it is gorgeous, especially with the angled linen dial, and the little red kite on the second hand.

1940s Lemania CH27 chronograph. I will do a separate thread on this one, but I have looked high and low for one of these, and am delighted to have one at last.

1940s Lemania 15TL Tuxedo. I bought this in order to swap in an NOS dial that I own, but the dial is too big, so I am back to the drawing board. Anyone want this?

Sinn U200 SDR. Amid all the hooha about the U50, I felt this Sinn had been forgotten. 2000m WR in a 37mm diameter case. I love it, even if it took me a few days to get used to wearing such a modern looking watch that is so small in diameter.

Dave
    Hey I have the very same Smiths Astral, is it in a Shackman gold case?

Mine dates from 1971 making it one of the last out of the Cheltenham factory. Has the hacking W10 movement inside.

The linen dial on these is fabulous.

That Lemania chrono is something else! Well all four are great.

Journeyman
    Safely collected from the AD for the Mrs. She’s thrilled to bits. Shame it’s got three links taken out or I’d be borrowing it!

Non identical ‘twincoming’ :)

Master
    Lockdown pick up
    Click and collect

If that is from a Rolex AD you have done very well...my contact at my dealer gets only two a year in and they are being discontinued and a new model is out next year.

My only Rolex at the moment and one i have owned for the last 6 years.

Master

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post

That is lovely, what is the limited edition? I can't seem to find anything like it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman LMAO View Post
    That is lovely, what is the limited edition? I can't seem to find anything like it!
    It is this one:

https://www.acejewelers.com/en/ace-x...-nomiesforlife

A collaboration between Ace Jewellers in Amsterdam and @nomiesforlife

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

It is this one:

https://www.acejewelers.com/en/ace-x...-nomiesforlife

A collaboration between Ace Jewellers in Amsterdam and @nomiesforlife
    I tried to buy one but they sold out very quickly.
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 17th November 2020 at 00:31.

Master

Hanhart 417ES reissue

F24-DC22-E9856.jpg[/img]

Just in from the Black Forest. Manual wind and non-date.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    F24-DC22-E9856.jpg[/img]

Just in from the Black Forest. Manual wind and non-date.
    Nice! I ordered one also and last week got the update 'order in progress'. No idea of that means it is imminent as when I ordered it said 30-40 working days for delivery and that was 2 weeks ago. Such a lovely watch and IMHO well priced too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Nice! I ordered one also and last week got the update 'order in progress'. No idea of that means it is imminent as when I ordered it said 30-40 working days for delivery and that was 2 weeks ago. Such a lovely watch and IMHO well priced too

Hi Ryan. I ordered one on Friday 23rd October after Sweets had posted about it in Watch Talk. At the time the website said delivery would be 14-21 days. I got the shipping notification on Thursday 12th November and it arrived via UPS early this afternoon. It’s my second Hanhart chrono and joins my Pioneer Dual Timer. Hope you don’t have too much longer to wait for yours.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Hi Ryan. I ordered one on Friday 23rd October after Sweets had posted about it in Watch Talk. At the time the website said delivery would be 14-21 days. I got the shipping notification on Thursday 12th November and it arrived via UPS early this afternoon. It’s my second Hanhart chrono and joins my Pioneer Dual Timer. Hope you don’t have too much longer to wait for yours.
    Cheers. Seems like their estimate was spot on. I hope mine comes before new year as I'm not sure what the situation would be with VAT if it came after 1st Jan.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I tried to buy one buy they sold out very quickly.
    I got lucky. They had sold out but I emailed Ace and asked them to contact me should anyone pull out. Had completely forgotten about it and then got an email on Wednesday ast week to say one had become available.

I got lucky. They had sold out but I emailed Ace and asked them to contact me should anyone pull out. Had completely forgotten about it and then got an email on Wednesday ast week to say one had become available.
    Nice one Ben. Good stroke of luck.

Master

Damasko

That's one fantastic looking watch!

Master
    Bit of a departure for me this but always liked Oris as I believe they represent a quality product combined with decent heritage and VFM. Will probably swap the strap on this on at some point but the dial colour is amazing to me in the flesh and I couldn’t be happier for the money.

Master
    Been after one of these for quite a while, MR-G G1000b:

Alpinist SPB199

My new Alpinist European Edition has landed.

Great size and the two included straps both on deployant clasps is a nice touch, rare bit of added value from Seiko.

With any luck my new incoming will arrive in time for this week’s vGTG...

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    That's seriously nice.

Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Rescue Timer... showing a bit of lume!

Great size and the two included straps both on deployant clasps is a nice touch, rare bit of added value from Seiko.

I think it's the nicest pic of this watch I've seen so far. Congrats on catching an example with the compass ring that's not misaligned!

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    I think it's the nicest pic of this watch I've seen so far. Congrats on catching an example with the compass ring that's not misaligned!
    My OCD wouldn't allow that

Master
    Attachment 18495
    Old watch but new strap.
    Watch from SC last year, strap through recommendations on here.
    Thanks to TZUK.
    Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by pinpull View Post

Very nice!!

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pinpull View Post

Quite like that, dial reminds me of the Eberhard Scafograf.

Very nice.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Bit of a departure for me this but always liked Oris as I believe they represent a quality product combined with decent heritage and VFM. Will probably swap the strap on this on at some point but the dial colour is amazing to me in the flesh and I couldn’t be happier for the money.

Very very nice; likewise feel Oris offer some exceptionally good value watches in their range. The Big Crown Small Second, Pointer Day example I have, acquired as the second owner eighteen months after its original purchase, has now sadly been withdrawn from the range, shame as its a novel way of offering a day with date function.

Just landed. After having 3 original BB58s and not getting on with the gilt, this might be the one.......