TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 227 of 416 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,350 of 20799

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    SLA043

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Very nice, congrats. Like it even more on the blue rubber strap

I don't imagine there's too much love around these parts for activity watches or Tissot for that matter
    However I've fancied one of these since seeing a friend Skiing with one a couple of years ago. I didn't much fancy the £900-odd list price but found this warranty repaired-as-new example on ebay for £390 including a 2 year full warranty- full set too. It's indistinguishable from new and a credit to the seller there, who seems to have a few.
    I give you the Tissot T-touch solar in Titanium with rubber strap and deployment....

Master
    SLA043

Very nice, great combo with the strap.

Limited edition Steinhart just in. Difference is this one is 39mm instead of the 42mm. Wears like a dream

A return to the fold. Sold my Citizen Orca a few weeks back, even as I was at the Post Office I was regretting the sale.

Luckily (for me) the buyer decided it wasn't for him and he sold it back to me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I don't imagine there's too much love around these parts for activity watches or Tissot for that matter
    However I've fancied one of these since seeing a friend Skiing with one a couple of years ago. I didn't much fancy the £900-odd list price but found this warranty repaired-as-new example on ebay for £390 including a 2 year full warranty- full set too. It's indistinguishable from new and a credit to the seller there, who seems to have a few.
    I give you the Tissot T-touch solar in Titanium with rubber strap and deployment....
    I like it and it looks good. As for activity watches, I’m talking myself into buying a Garmin Instinct. The problem, if it is a problem, is that if I buy one then I’ll have to wear it almost every day to the exclusion of mechanical ones. That said, I’m moving on watches that aren’t getting worn. The Garmin Instinct will tick a lot of boxes for £300-350.

Journeyman
    SLA043

That really is rather nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post

Looks great that.

Master
    Less than a day on my wrist so far & I'm loving this SPB143.
    Seiko's (the more affordable ones) never really flipped my switch until I saw this beauty!

Love this!

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Limited edition Steinhart just in. Difference is this one is 39mm instead of the 42mm. Wears like a dream

Where from! I've been hoping they'd do the 39mm

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Same. Where, where, where … quick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    +1 !!

Craftsman
    Just arrived this time alignment is spot on.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

From a boutique in Aachen
    Email to get is info@uhren-engelen.de

They did 50 with the vintage lume and 50 with the modern green. Be quick though !!!

Good luck gents.

Another piece for my Space Nerd collection - this rather lovely Shturmanskie landed today.

Aside from the nice little touches (I. Kirova dial designation, display back) I’m really struck by the quality of the finish; far nicer than some of the Russian/soviet watches I’ve had in the past. The dial is a rich ivory colour and I *think* the hands are blued, too.

All in all, a pleasing package to receive.

Poekhali!

Last edited by PreacherCain; 11th November 2020 at 16:02.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    +1 !!

From WUS:

"While the standard model of the Vintage GMT has a diameter of 42 mm, the LE measures 39 mm. The LE has been build as Old Radium or C3, each 50 pieces. The watches were only available at the Steinhart Boutique in Aachen (Germany) and afaik sold out."

Seems to be true, can't spot them anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jkb89 View Post
    From WUS:

"While the standard model of the Vintage GMT has a diameter of 42 mm, the LE measures 39 mm. The LE has been build as Old Radium or C3, each 50 pieces. The watches were only available at the Steinhart Boutique in Aachen (Germany) and afaik sold out."

Seems to be true, can't spot them anywhere.
    I emailed the guy and he says there are a few pieces being delivered from Switzerland but he wanted me to transfer €575 in advance by IBAN, which I'm a little wary about, seeing as I know nothing about him.

I wonder if this a test run and they'll do a general release sometime anyway?

Was that the AD or WUS you emailed? Strange how elusive they are on the Web.

The AD from Rusty's email link. The web is, ahem, uncomplicated:

http://www.d-horlogerie.de/english.html

Thanks. Brilliant website.

I emailed the guy and he says there are a few pieces being delivered from Switzerland but he wanted me to transfer €575 in advance by IBAN, which I'm a little wary about, seeing as I know nothing about him.

I bought a GMT Pan Am off him some time ago and that was limited to 50, payments was the same and they never produced any more watches. He was great to deal with, good comms and had a website as I recall. He is a bricks and mortar shop - so a recommendation from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I bought a GMT Pan Am off him some time ago and that was limited to 50, payments was the same and they never produced any more watches. He was great to deal with, good comms and had a website as I recall. He is a bricks and mortar shop - so a recommendation from me.
    Cheers Ken. The website is just a home page.

I'm still deliberating.

Master
    Thanks to Rich, this is now on my wrist. Was ideally looking for one on the bracelet but the rubber strap is so soft and comfortable I’m glad I have this one. The proportions of the watch are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Thanks to Rich, this is now on my wrist. Was ideally looking for one on the bracelet but the rubber strap is so soft and comfortable I’m glad I have this one. The proportions of the watch are perfect.

Saw that on SC, great watch at a great price, nice pick up man.

It’s a boutique and how they do it. Had no issues at all

it’s a boutique with the idea being they would be sold locally but they will sell to enquiries from further afield if contacted. They also did the 39mm panam version.

Two new additions to the relentlessly-expanding durable tool watch collection - yesterday's "Casioak" GA-2100-1AER - proving to be a better watch than I ever expected, and worthy of its place, especially at just £79 brand-spanking...

This was followed today by the second Citizen Promaster Tough watch to take its place in the collection. This an Ecodrive chronograph which managed to reach the East Mudlands [sic] in a truly remarkable two working / four calendar days from Phoenix, Arizona!

This is an amazing watch for the £208 it cost including Tax & Duty - the build is Brunellian, the bracelet hewn from hefty hunks of aircraft carrier (E&OE), and replete with Duratect surface hardening (equivalent to Sinn's "Tegimentation") to case &c. Its one oddness is a diver's style bezel that does not rotate - which does seem to be a bit of a theme for some of Citizen's dive-styled field watches. Stay wierd, Japan...

Love the graphic on the vendor's business card - Brutal Honesty, Arizona style!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Its one oddness is a diver's style bezel that does not rotate - which does seem to be a bit of a theme for some of Citizen's dive-styled field watches. Stay wierd, Japan...
    Are you absolutely sure? I mean, it's got the textured grip, the minute markings..!

Master

Congrats, that really does work well in that combo.

Master
    Double incoming.

Craftsman
    Not a bad start to a gloomy Thursday.
    I'm like a kid at Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice catch Paul, I’m sure you have been missing a seamaster in the collection and i think thats a good choice.

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Cheers Ken. The website is just a home page.

I'm still deliberating.
    Unfortunately they’ve all sold.

Not exactly a new arrival, but I am enormously looking forward to the return of my Planet Ocean from the Omega Service Centre tomorrow. They've had it since the end of August, when the hour hand stopped moving... It's had a complete service at £450 so I am hoping that it will look a bit sharper than when it went in. I've missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Are you absolutely sure? I mean, it's got the textured grip, the minute markings..!
    IKR! But yeah, I'm growing feeble in my dotage, but it's rock-solid. This is actually the third diver-styled watch I've had from Citizen where this is the case. Someone in Nishitōkyō has a major blind-spot in watch design!

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Double incoming.
    The Breitling is gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Last two purchases are back in Switzerland for remedial work, withdrawal symptoms have encouraged the purchase of this classic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post

When was this released?

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    When was this released?

Only a couple of weeks ago. They had a normal and a vintage lume option. Only 50 of each made though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Nice catch Paul, I’m sure you have been missing a seamaster in the collection and i think thats a good choice.
    Thanks guys and yes Ben you’re spot on and I couldn’t see me getting my old one ( yours) back any time soon hope you’re still enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Great purchase. This is the first watch in a *long* time that I’ve seen here that made me go and look up more information. Looks fantastic. £580 at Creation but sold out. I look forwards to some good photos and a review!
    This is why Seiko is one of my fav's. Amazing fielder/allrounder with (finally!) proper long handset. Anthracite/chocolade dial makes this a strapmonster. And finally cal. that can stand proudly with ETA and 9015 Miyota. This 6R21 ticks at 28800bph and has power reserve function (IMO one of the best complications in a watch). Seiko, this is a killer, please find a way to do more models like you used to...

Also, would like this cal. in other models (read divers!). Why always 6R15 or 4R. If "normal" Orients can have pr function, why cant Seiko...

Few photos

Poslano sa mog SM-G960F koriste?i Tapatalk
    Last edited by martyloveswatches; 13th November 2020 at 09:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post

Last two purchases are back in Switzerland for remedial work, withdrawal symptoms have encouraged the purchase of this classic.
    Spookily, I saw these being advertised on a certain TV Channel last week, I was tempted myself, but wasn't sure about the bracelet and size.

Just received my first Yema, courtesy of their November sale. This is the Superman 2 Maxi-dial, nice 40mm size, drilled lugs, 300m WR, sapphire crystal and an in-house movement for a sensible price.
    Will look forward to seeing how well it performs. Excellent lume too.
    Steve

Master
    It is a grail watch day today for me, I'm not sure if I've ever felt like this about any incoming watch before. It's a Panerai, and I first noticed these more than ten years ago. A peculiar Radiomir with a 40mm case, it felt like just the right match for my rather thin wrists. However, at the time they were 2-3x more than a SS Rolex and just too expensive for me. Funnily enough, these have not appreciated that much during the years, but they are now around the same price as a SS Rolex!-)

So, a 40mm Radiomir PAM00062, white gold, with Zenith Elite 680 ultrathin movement. Date like in Zenith watches between 4 and 5. The watch is very thin at around 11mm and fits very nicely on the wrist. This one has an original Panerai alligator strap and a matching 18K white gold pin and buckle. The watch is quite heavy for a leather strap watch!

I kind of want this to be one in my regular rotation, but on the other hand it kind of feel a bit delicate. We will see, anyway I will be wearing this regularly.

Last edited by china; 13th November 2020 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by martyloveswatches View Post
    This is why Seiko is one of my fav's. Amazing fielder/allrounder with (finally!) proper long handset. Anthracite/chocolade dial makes this a strapmonster. And finally cal. that can stand proudly with ETA and 9015 Miyota. This 6R21 ticks at 28800bph and has power reserve function (IMO one of the best complications in a watch). Seiko, this is a killer, please find a way to do more models like you used to...

Also, would like this cal. in other models (read divers!). Why always 6R15 or 4R. If "normal" Orients can have pr function, why cant Seiko...

Few photos

For a moment I got confused about which forum I'm on and started looking for a 'Like' button. Great watch.

Tnx , I am really satisfied with this one. One more photo and thats it

Craftsman
    Gone a little seiko nuts recently 3 that are incoming/arrived

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couldn't help myself.

Just bought a classic. Didn't buy it in an attic... ;)