closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 22 of 416 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 20798

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Recent purchase from SC. Wears a bit bigger than the 39mm might suggest but it's actually really growing on me over the last 2 days.
    Agreed, they do wear bigger than the dimensions suggest. Probably due to the slim bezel and 'all dial' design. A 38mm Nomos Orion, with a similar 'all dial' design wears significantly larger than a 40mm SubC, for example. The wider bezel of the later reduces the overall case size.

I personally feel that something closer to a Datejust's 36mm case size would work best in this style of Omega.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Agreed, they do wear bigger than the dimensions suggest. Probably due to the slim bezel and 'all dial' design. A 38mm Nomos Orion, with a similar 'all dial' design wears significantly larger than a 40mm SubC, for example. The wider bezel of the later reduces the overall case size.

I personally feel that something closer to a Datejust's 36mm case size would work best in this style of Omega.
    A diver v a bauhaus....ones got a sub 30mm dial the other plus 30mm 'full case' dial, they don't wear bigger in case size.....its perception

Quote Originally Posted by Bayleaf View Post
    A diver v a bauhaus....ones got a sub 30mm dial the other plus 30mm 'full case' dial, they don't wear bigger in case size.....its perception
    Well done. That's the point :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bayleaf View Post
    how does it wear bigger?? My watches range from 37 to 47mm and they 'wear' what they are?? All this 'wears bigger' malarkey is total rubbish or an excuse for having wimpish wrists imho.
    Welcome to the forum my friend. You seem to be a friendly and non-confrontational chap. Perhaps some use the term 'wears bigger' to compensate for wimpish wrists and an inability to pull off a 47mm watch as well as you seem to be able. However most will realise the term is used to describe perception. I see you actually know this judging by your post #1052.

Although it's funny you should mention it as I do happen to have "wimpish" wrists but am very comfortable with them. To compensate I simply try to wear watches that fit my wrist. Some are smaller than 39mm some a few mm bigger.

The Aqua terra does indeed 'wear bigger' than other watches I have with similar case dimensions. Remember I'm not suggesting that the watch actually increases in size upon placing on the wrist. I'm simply referring to perception.

I do hope that clears up any confusion. Of course all this is IMHO.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 27th March 2016 at 23:35.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Well done. That's the point :-)

Its why i've given up on most divers, nowt to do with case size its the small dial, ditto external chrono rings

Master
    Welcome to the forum my friend. You seem to be a friendly and non-confrontational chap.
    Lovely......

A bank holiday arrival a triple 6 SeaDweller. Quite an interesting piece being the first steel Rolex with solid end links and the first SeaDweller with a sapphire. Didn't last long on the bracelet as it feels so right on a Nato.

Have I shown you what I bought before Christmas?
    After selling my MHD/Seiko and the Zeno Explorer I get this

The finish is awesome.
    The 42mm of the case are not to big for my little wrist (17,5cm), thanks to the short lugs.
    The watch is very comfortable on the wrist.
    Bracelet is high quality.
    I love this watch. It has an history and one of the founding father had the same name has me. 2 good reasons of having one. But...
    The movement is a Sellita 200. Goes forward 15sec a day. A bit to much, but was regular. Till last week. Now the watch stops every 2 nights. I have to send it back to the factory.
    It's the third Swiss watch I bought in the last 3 years. All have to return to factory from the first day. If they don't fix it properly it would be my last Swiss watch. Or I'll buy a used Rolex.

Master
    Made an impulse purchase this weekend

Craftsman
    That's rather imposing. Well done!

Journeyman
    Welcome to the forum my friend. You seem to be a friendly and non-confrontational chap. Perhaps some use the term 'wears bigger' to compensate for wimpish wrists and an inability to pull off a 47mm watch as well as you seem to be able. However most will realise the term is used to describe perception. I see you actually know this judging by your post #1052.

Although it's funny you should mention it as I do happen to have "wimpish" wrists but am very comfortable with them. To compensate I simply try to wear watches that fit my wrist. Some are smaller than 39mm some a few mm bigger.

The Aqua terra does indeed 'wear bigger' than other watches I have with similar case dimensions. Remember I'm not suggesting that the watch actually increases in size upon placing on the wrist. I'm simply referring to perception.

I do hope that clears up any confusion. Of course all this is IMHO.
    Yes, that cleared up the confusion 100%, my friend....sorry for my brusqueness but I do get a bit fed up with reading 'it wears big' written by someone with thin wrists, you're perception is never someone else's, touche

Apprentice
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459266455.830392.jpg
    Just found this second hand in a shop window and couldn't leave it there !

Master
    Taking a punt on a non runner version of this!
    Bought it cheap so fingers crossed I can make it work!

Apprentice
    Sourced this direct from Japan based on reviews here.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459266455.830392.jpg
    Just found this second hand in a shop window and couldn't leave it there !
    Possibly my favourite dial. Well done!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    This is new to me.

It very nearly didn't happen, as the package was incomplete.
    But now I am happy to say, that everything is "A" ok :)

It still has it stickers on, as tomorrow I am going to try and put it on a Rubber B.

love the non date bubble look so clean looking compared to the subs

Master
    Currently waiting for the postman who will be delivering a PRS-68 this morning, also have an Oris incoming this week, pictures to follow!

Craftsman
    Picked this up in the SC a couple weeks ago. Ordered an Omega style leather from Cousins - completely transformed the watch. Wasn't sure about it on the gold bracelet, but now on leather, I think it looks pretty fab!

Omega Geneve F300 Gold

Last edited by knw101; 30th March 2016 at 09:29.

Master
    Sinn 903 added via SC, I really can't think of any other watch I'm hankering after...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    Sinn 903 added via SC, I really can't think of any other watch I'm hankering after...

love your Seamaster DeVille!

Can't believe how good this is for the money!

Oh for God's sake Sinn, hurry up!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by knw101 View Post
    love your Seamaster DeVille!

+ 1

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by grchmason View Post
    + 1
    Comes in handy now and again...

A bit unexpected, but this was too good to pass by as it's an absolutely perfect example. I understand why they're so loved now.

Master
    It's here!

This is my 2nd from eddies stable now and I'm very impressed, again! The feel and quality of the watch is certainly much more than you would expect at this price point, excellent deal with Gavbaz from these parts to get it on my wrist too.
    Will get some better pictures up when I can

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyt View Post
    It's here!

This is my 2nd from eddies stable now and I'm very impressed, again! The feel and quality of the watch is certainly much more than you would expect at this price point, excellent deal with Gavbaz from these parts to get it on my wrist too.
    Will get some better pictures up when I can
    Think I will regret selling that one! Looks great! Enjoy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Think I will regret selling that one! Looks great! Enjoy
    I am already! Thanks again, really pleased with the deal

Master
    Received this today from SC:

Absolute beast of a thing both in diameter (48mm) and depth (about a foot and a half) but it wears really nicely on the supple rubber.

I like almost everything about it, the side profile is nicely done, the bezel action is absolutely lovely (no play, lines up perfectly at 12 oclock and the action is very crisp). i love the shape of the hands.

The strap is very nice, supple at the ends but firm enough around the head to keep the heft in place. the buckle is much nicer than lots of much more expensive watches i own (im looking at you omega).

the crown is nice and big and screws down and winds very smoothly. i like that the pushers have screw down collars.

some things i am less fond of are the fact that the pusher screw down collars appear to be made of plastic and although they are smooth and work nicely, i wonder what the life is on them. Also the movement is so ugly, properly bog standard looking and as such i would have probably preffered a nice heavily embossed/engraved case back instead.

overall i think at full price it is a nice buy but at the price i paid it is absolutely excellent and the small complaints are of no consequence at all.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    A bit unexpected, but this was too good to pass by as it's an absolutely perfect example. I understand why they're so loved now.

Master
    Got this yesterday....

I am counting this as a new arrival. I've had it for 25+ years but wearing it for the first time in 22 years, and I am irrationally pleased*, so forgive me.

*I put a thread in Mods and Wreckers if you really want to know why; it's less interesting than some of the recent restoration threads.

Master
    Another one from SC for me this week

Just need to decide what to wear for the Friday thread now!

New arrival - Zenith El Primero 410

I've been after an El Primero for ages now and fell for this one as soon as i saw it ☺

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I've been after an El Primero for ages now and fell for this one as soon as i saw it ☺

That's stunning! Enjoy!

Master
    Picked this up today
    RIP Dad.
    Col.
    Last edited by cgs; 2nd April 2016 at 15:14.

Picked up today, 1968 Navitimer 806 with box/papers...

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Received this today from SC:

Absolute beast of a thing both in diameter (48mm) and depth (about a foot and a half) but it wears really nicely on the supple rubber.

I like almost everything about it, the side profile is nicely done, the bezel action is absolutely lovely (no play, lines up perfectly at 12 oclock and the action is very crisp). i love the shape of the hands.

The strap is very nice, supple at the ends but firm enough around the head to keep the heft in place. the buckle is much nicer than lots of much more expensive watches i own (im looking at you omega).

the crown is nice and big and screws down and winds very smoothly. i like that the pushers have screw down collars.

some things i am less fond of are the fact that the pusher screw down collars appear to be made of plastic and although they are smooth and work nicely, i wonder what the life is on them. Also the movement is so ugly, properly bog standard looking and as such i would have probably preffered a nice heavily embossed/engraved case back instead.

overall i think at full price it is a nice buy but at the price i paid it is absolutely excellent and the small complaints are of no consequence at all.
    Looks spot on mate :) The screw down pushers are stainless steel with black anodised aluminium lock collars. The hacking and hand winding chronograph movement looks plain and boring, it even utilises some plastic parts. Just like the highly regarded Lemania 5100 of which it is a close copy: made by ETA (Swatch) for some of their current chronographs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    Picked up today, 1968 Navitimer 806 with box/papers...

Beautiful Navi' Howard. 806's are so many watch collectors 'grail'. Lovely.

Journeyman
    Two very different but equally lovely blue bezel divers have arrived this week.

I've been looking for a Patek Nautilus 5712 for a while and couldn't find the right thing, so I've had to settle for this instead...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Huge congratulations not only on your patience but also on acquiring a beautiful 5712 :))

How dare you?! It's not a 5712.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    I for one need helping out here

Master
    Blog Entries
    Excellent pics, wonderful watch, enjoy John

Obris Morgan arrived I also have the MK 1 and very pleased with the MK II

Year old but mint condition.

I've been looking for a Patek Nautilus 5712 for a while and couldn't find the right thing, so I've had to settle for this instead...

Wow!!!
    So nice.

Blog Entries
    <confused> What is it?

Master
    According to my Patek catalogue it's a 5172/1A-001 Steel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    <confused> What is it?