closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 204 of 413 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,200 of 20611

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Well.... What are your initial thoughts?
    It’s a great looking watch.
    Well.

It is unashamedly a divers watch made for diving. Zero compromises to anything other than functionality. That includes the way the bracelet fastens (you hook the 2 sides together and there is a retaining clasp to keep in in place). It is superbly made though - built like a tank, finished very well with nice chamfered case edges and a complex diamond shaped case - all of which will cost £££ to manufacture.

1st links on the bracelet (which are around 40% of the bracelet) are spring loaded so open and close to ensure optimal comfort (and so you can put on a dry suit without needing a divers extension clasp). Lume is phenomenal (although I'm curious as why the made the bezel without numerals). It is priced at Pelagos money and the case, dial and bracelet are superior to the Tudor. Tudor has a better movement (ZRC is an ETA) and the ZRC styling isnt for everyone.

For what it is it is very well made and I'm glad I have it (and I availed of the 20% Covid promo they were doing which seems to be gone now). It is basically the epitome of tool watch with zero concessions given to looks. I like it and all its craziness :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    I’m really delighted with this new incoming. The finishing is even better than I expected and the size and fit are spot on

For some reason that really reminds me of the Universal Geneve "Colonial" chronograph. Absolutely wonderful - what's the model number?

In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Well.

It is unashamedly a divers watch made for diving. Zero compromises to anything other than functionality. That includes the way the bracelet fastens (you hook the 2 sides together and there is a retaining clasp to keep in in place). It is superbly made though - built like a tank, finished very well with nice chamfered case edges and a complex diamond shaped case - all of which will cost £££ to manufacture.

1st links on the bracelet (which are around 40% of the bracelet) are spring loaded so open and close to ensure optimal comfort (and so you can put on a dry suit without needing a divers extension clasp). Lume is phenomenal (although I'm curious as why the made the bezel without numerals). It is priced at Pelagos money and the case, dial and bracelet are superior to the Tudor. Tudor has a better movement (ZRC is an ETA) and the ZRC styling isnt for everyone.

For what it is it is very well made and I'm glad I have it (and I availed of the 20% Covid promo they were doing which seems to be gone now). It is basically the epitome of tool watch with zero concessions given to looks. I like it and all its craziness :)
    Ryan, you have had an absolute shed load of great watches, however for me this is not one by a fair old margin. But I guess you need to enjoy the good and the bad in order to be able to make the claim that you have flipped every make and model of watch! Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Ryan, you have had an absolute shed load of great watches, however for me this is not one by a fair old margin. But I guess you need to enjoy the good and the bad in order to be able to make the claim that you have flipped every make and model of watch! Enjoy.
    Ha! Exactly what my wife said :)

It is a pretty exact reproduction of the original worn by Cousteau and designed for the French Navy but yep it is a polarising design for sure!

Banned
    Blog Entries

It is a pretty exact reproduction of the original worn by Cousteau and designed for the French Navy but yep it is a polarising design for sure!
    That is an interesting pedigree to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    For some reason that really reminds me of the Universal Geneve "Colonial" chronograph. Absolutely wonderful - what's the model number?

Thanks. Yes, I can see a resemblance. I'm not sure of the model number (it's the 'defy 21' ) but here is a review with more info

https://monochrome-watches.com/zenit...-review-price/

Well.

It is unashamedly a divers watch made for diving. Zero compromises to anything other than functionality. That includes the way the bracelet fastens (you hook the 2 sides together and there is a retaining clasp to keep in in place). It is superbly made though - built like a tank, finished very well with nice chamfered case edges and a complex diamond shaped case - all of which will cost £££ to manufacture....
    Thank you for you thoughts
    I am still sitting on the fence
    I love the design and the history but for some reason there is something stopping me buying.
    It does look good though.

So it's been a while coming in that I ordered it last year when my son was born. He's now 1.

The idea being that it's a birth year watch and will be being put away in the safe until he is 21 (with occasional use to keep it ticking over); worn in the house every now and then to ensure time keeping remains in spec and if a service is needed. I got the call in early January to say it was in so should fingers crossed mean it was manufactured in 2019. With the current pandemic, work and isolation being the case I have been unable to get down and pick it up until now!

Complete with the catalogue for the year, a Tudor Black Bay 58. I think it is one of the nicest, affordable everyday watches that has been released for some time. It wears (limited wearing obvs) really nicely on the wrist as I'm sure people are sick of hearing due to its size and isn't gaudy, colourful or austentatious like most modern 'it' watches seem to be. Hopefully he'll develop a passion for watches and cherish it when turning 21 or should he wish, he can sell it to fund a house deposit (or whatever else he might need) when he is of age. We took photos of him getting hold of it in the shop so we can show him on his 21st. Thankfully the money was already put aside to cover the purchase prior to the pandemic as I don't think it's something we would have done if we were to start funding it now.

Craftsman
    After I ordered the Stowa Fleiger which is yet to ship i started to think about the Stowa marine I parted with last year.

Came across this one on eBay and put in a offer I thought might be refused but was accepted.

It's a 2008 manual wind Unitas 6498 movement. Bought Friday arrived today from Uk.

Love it.. some hairline scratches but nothing worth talking about

Quote Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
    After I ordered the Stowa Fleiger which is yet to ship i started to think about the Stowa marine I parted with last year.

Came across this one on eBay and put in a offer I thought might be refused but was accepted.

It's a 2008 manual wind Unitas 6498 movement. Bought Friday arrived today from Uk.

Love it.. some hairline scratches but nothing worth talking about
    Lovely watch, enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

As Simon said Ryan you have had some really great watches - what’s the longest you’ve kept any of them? 3 weeks I’m guessing :-)

Joking aside experiencing lots of watches is what it’s all about. Question is, is there an endgame watch ...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tomp View Post
    So it's been a while coming in that I ordered it last year when my son was born. He's now 1.

The idea being that it's a birth year watch and will be being put away in the safe until he is 21 (with occasional use to keep it ticking over); worn in the house every now and then to ensure time keeping remains in spec and if a service is needed. I got the call in early January to say it was in so should fingers crossed mean it was manufactured in 2019. With the current pandemic, work and isolation being the case I have been unable to get down and pick it up until now!

Complete with the catalogue for the year, a Tudor Black Bay 58. I think it is one of the nicest, affordable everyday watches that has been released for some time. It wears (limited wearing obvs) really nicely on the wrist as I'm sure people are sick of hearing due to its size and isn't gaudy, colourful or austentatious like most modern 'it' watches seem to be. Hopefully he'll develop a passion for watches and cherish it when turning 21 or should he wish, he can sell it to fund a house deposit (or whatever else he might need) when he is of age. We took photos of him getting hold of it in the shop so we can show him on his 21st. Thankfully the money was already put aside to cover the purchase prior to the pandemic as I don't think it's something we would have done if we were to start funding it now.
    What a brilliant idea............Love the part regarding the pics in the shop to show on his 21st..................Good shout and well done!

Cheers,

J

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    As Simon said Ryan you have had some really great watches - what’s the longest you’ve kept any of them? 3 weeks I’m guessing :-)

Joking aside experiencing lots of watches is what it’s all about. Question is, is there an endgame watch ...
    Ha! Making the 'keepers' list in the ryanb741 household is mission 'virtually impossible' and to date only one watch has made it (I've had it 5 years) and that is the Dornbluth 99.1. It's the one watch I've had that I only need to strap it on, gaze at the dial or check out the caseback movement and just think 'yep, this is why I love watches'. Nothing else has been able to give me that same feeling. But of course the quest continues!

With thanks to rocket man

SLA037

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    SLA037

Absolute stunner! Great choice. Would love one but bit rich for me right now with other incomings.

This arrived today, it’s my first Tuna and I really, really like it... I’m not sure why I waited so long to try one!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

Very nice,which version is that ?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    This arrived today, it’s my first Tuna and I really, really like it... I’m not sure why I waited so long to try one!

Mint!!
    I should have bought that...... Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Mint!!
    I should have bought that...... Enjoy it.
    Cheers,

I think I will, I’m completely smitten at the moment.

Master
    My latest incoming following a week of banter with Ben and a successful trade. Very comfortable on the wrist and the plexi really sets off the deep black gloss dial and gives the watch a true vintage look and feel.
    I had checked out various online reviews including Martyn’s on TZ and these gave me confirmation that it would work, and I’m very much enjoying the experience so far....still have to work out how to use the slide though. A few quick wrist shots from earlier after I’d removed the stickers ( sorry Ben )

Last edited by Cat7; 7th July 2020 at 20:44.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    You’ve ruined it now Paul. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    My latest incoming following a week of banter with Ben and a successful trade. Very comfortable on the wrist and the plexi really sets off the deep black gloss dial and gives the watch a true vintage look and feel.
    I had checked out various online reviews including Martyn’s on TZ and these gave me confirmation that it would work, and I’m very much enjoying the experience so far....still have to work out how to use the slide though. A few quick wrist shots from earlier after I’d removed the stickers ( sorry Ben )

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    A few arrived yesterday as part of a trade.

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

Oooh, nice! Dibs on the DC67 if you decide to flip! (me and 800 others...)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    I had checked out various online reviews including Martyn’s on TZ and these gave me confirmation that it would work, and I’m very much enjoying the experience so far....

Looks good Paul!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

Fantastic line up .

Arrived today from sales corner, makes a total of 3 Scurfas in rotation now. May chuck a nato on this to further compliment the blue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Looks good Paul!
    Thanks Phil I think it’s a slow burner this one, but it’s definitely growing on me!!
    But I am paranoid about dinging the plexi crystal on a door handle which wouldn't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    With thanks to rocket man

Cracking looking watch.

Blog Entries
    Just arrived, pretty pleased with this.

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post

Beautiful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Brilliant, on the bracelet too. Congrats!

A lovely 6309 landed in the post of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    Arrived today from sales corner, makes a total of 3 Scurfas in rotation now. May chuck a nato on this to further compliment the blue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Great to see it being worn and enjoyed!

In the post today from vortex89 but destined for a WIS friend who I dropped it off to tonight. A quick shot of it alongside the Rolex siblings after he got home.

Wow! Just in and a beauty.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Wow! Just in and a beauty.

Arrived this morning

Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Arrived this morning

Looks excellent. What are your initial thoughts?

It’s my first Sinn. Exceeded expectations. I always admired the U1, but it was always going to be too large for me. The size of the U50 is perfect. The design is fabulous, unlike anything else I have. If I have one minor criticism currently, it is that the clasp feels a bit agricultural. But overall, very pleased with it

Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    It’s my first Sinn. Exceeded expectations. I always admired the U1, but it was always going to be too large for me. The size of the U50 is perfect. The design is fabulous, unlike anything else I have. If I have one minor criticism currently, it is that the clasp feels a bit agricultural. But overall, very pleased with it
    I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it's timekeeping. I think my Mark18 has the same movement so would be good to know if you get similar results.

Blog Entries
    Arrived this morning from Portugal within a week.

I scratched a Flieger itch with a Laco Aachen a while ago, but I found I liked it more than I expected and I've just added a blue example too.

It's not one Flieger purists will like, I suspect, but it's a lovely shade of blue and I do have a liking for blue watches generally.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Caution Tudor Content

Managed to pick up these two in the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Managed to pick up these two in the last week.
    What was the RRP of the Harrods when you picked it up please? On the list also and I'm sure before Sept but I have zero purchase history there so I'll let you off!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    What was the RRP of the Harrods when you picked it up please? On the list also and I'm sure before Sept but I have zero purchase history there so I'll let you off!
    Hi, it was £2,840 which isn't bad and you still get the complementary nato.

Have pm'd you my contact who is very good, she might be able to check the list.

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

The postie dropped this lump off this afternoon
    Iraqi Airforce issued Navitimer.
    Amazingly for a 50 year old watch the bracelet has a sprung link and push/click micro adjustment in the clasp.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Hi, it was £2,840 which isn't bad and you still get the complementary nato.

Have pm'd you my contact who is very good, she might be able to check the list.
    Thank you, just replied.