closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 201 of 418 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,050 of 20883

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    I posted a pic of this on the Friday thread but thought I would post here as well because why not!
    The Tissot Powermatic 80 Silicium. It's the first Tissot in my collection and I'm rather impressed with it. The 40mm case and lug length is fine for my wrist, though I wouldn't want this style of watch any bigger. The case is nicely brushed with polished edges and bezel. The dial is a lovely shade of blue that catches the light nicely. Sapphire crystal and display back. The lume is super luminova. It doesn't glow very brightly but it's easily readable through the night. It's not a diver after all! The hands and hour markers are polished so it is easily readable in low light even if there was no lume. Push in crown with the T logo on it. Water resistance rated to 100m. Being new, I can't really judge the accuracy but so far it has lost a second in 24 hours. The only disapointment was the leather strap. It seems well made and has a nice clasp (also with the T engraved) however it is thinner than I would like and the shade of brown was not to my taste. A kind of muddy brown. I have fitted a Hirsch Liberty strap to it meantime which looks better to my eye. Unfortunately it is too thick to fit the Tissot clasp to but I'm not too bothered. I really like this watch and it makes a nice change from the usual divers. :)

That is an extremely elegant watch, Tissot have nailed it with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Picked up a SD43 today after paying for it during lockdown. Really, really nice and makes my SubC look like a toy in comparison. They also gave me a Rolex wallet as a gift which was really nice of them and amazingly it's only branded internally so I might actually use it!
    Looks fantastic and a really nice chunky size compared to the 116610LN. Nice to get a usable freebie too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    I posted a pic of this on the Friday thread but thought I would post here as well because why not!
    Really like this. I keep getting targeted ads for it on the bracelet and it's tempting.

Really like this. I keep getting targeted ads for it on the bracelet and it's tempting.
    I didn't go for the bracelet as I'm not keen on polished centre links. The colour of the leather strap turned out to be a bit naff. I'm still not decided on the Hirsch so have ordered some others to try. The pcl's are a bit of a problem for me as I'm thinking about a Rolex Datejust next. :(

Master
    As also seen on the GS thread, loving this new arrival SBGN009

Ant

Master
    Picked up a SD43 today after paying for it during lockdown. Really, really nice and makes my SubC look like a toy in comparison. They also gave me a Rolex wallet as a gift which was really nice of them and amazingly it's only branded internally so I might actually use it!

They wouldn't remove the divers ext link in the store but I did that myself within 5 minutes of getting home and now it's perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
    Having owned both of these i have no regrets selling the SD43 for the Seamaster...both great watches but the Seamaster for it's looks and value for money in my opinion is unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Having owned both of these i have no regrets selling the SD43 for the Seamaster...both great watches but the Seamaster for it's looks and value for money in my opinion is unbeatable.
    No contest re Seamaster Vs SD43 on the pound for pound front but if you can forget what you paid for it, it's a fantastic watch. The thickness of the caseback is something wasn't expecting though. Not a thick watch but the caseback really elevates the watch off the wrist which is a bit weird.

When Omega move the date back to 3 (or give a no date steel option like they do on the ceramic) and give it a bezel you can actually grip I'll have to buy a black dial on bracelet or a white dial on rubber. If they swapped the manual HEV in favour of an automatic one and did something for the legibility of the hands like filling them in I'd pay RRP.

Master
    No contest re Seamaster Vs SD43 on the pound for pound front but if you can forget what you paid for it, it's a fantastic watch. The thickness of the caseback is something wasn't expecting though. Not a thick watch but the caseback really elevates the watch off the wrist which is a bit weird.

When Omega move the date back to 3 (or give a no date steel option like they do on the ceramic) and give it a bezel you can actually grip I'll have to buy a black dial on bracelet or a white dial on rubber. If they swapped the manual HEV in favour of an automatic one and did something for the legibility of the hands like filling them in I'd pay RRP.
    I loved the SD43 but couldn't get a comfortable fit whatever i tried and i think the point you mentioned about the case back was one of the problems.I don't have large wrists but whatever i did(remove divers ext)put more links topside or downside it just didn't work for me.What made it worse was every time i put my 216570 Polar on it just felt right(flat caseback so maybe my wrists are more suited to them)

In the end one had to go and it was the SD43.

I wasn't going to buy another black diver but on trying on the Seamaster it was comfortable from the first minute.I accept it is not to everyone's taste but in this day and age of crazy watch prices it seemed a bargain(with a little discount)

Hope you enjoy your SD43/50 but it didn't work out for me but a lovely watch and even better that you bought it at RRP which will make it feel a bit sweeter.

Mark

Craftsman

This just arrived from marcbe this morning. I was considering an LLD or a Tudor Ranger a few years ago, and the Ranger won. Now I’m thinking of selling the Ranger now that I have this. A lovely watch, very light on the wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I loved the SD43 but couldn't get a comfortable fit whatever i tried and i think the point you mentioned about the case back was one of the problems.I don't have large wrists but whatever i did(remove divers ext)put more links topside or downside it just didn't work for me.What made it worse was every time i put my 216570 Polar on it just felt right(flat caseback so maybe my wrists are more suited to them)
    I can completely see that. I was sad enough this morning to put on the SD43, Sub and GMT a couple of times each to compare. The GMT and the Sub are much more comfortable and noticeably lighter. They also both sit "on" my wrist instead of "off" my wrist, but the SD43 is the best looking to me. I took it as similar to when my wife wears heels Vs slippers and figured it's a fair trade. If only that case back wasn't so far out.

Master
    I can completely see that. I was sad enough this morning to put on the SD43, Sub and GMT a couple of times each to compare. The GMT and the Sub are much more comfortable and noticeably lighter. They also both sit "on" my wrist instead of "off" my wrist, but the SD43 is the best looking to me. I took it as similar to when my wife wears heels Vs slippers and figured it's a fair trade. If only that case back wasn't so far out.
    I think i have a solution...wear the SD43 while wearing the wife's high heels...problem solved.

Master
    SD43 certainly does take some getting used to. But now going back to the sub makes me feel like I am wearing a kid's watch. All relative I guess. Stick with it Wiley!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Wear it a while and you’ll forget the weight. SD43 is a great watch indeed :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Alasdairmc View Post

This just arrived from marcbe this morning. I was considering an LLD or a Tudor Ranger a few years ago, and the Ranger won. Now I’m thinking of selling the Ranger now that I have this. A lovely watch, very light on the wrist.

My dad bought me one of these for my 40th, a year or so before he passes away in Jan.

Great watch and love the design. Wanted one for ages before I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    SD43 certainly does take some getting used to. But now going back to the sub makes me feel like I am wearing a kid's watch. All relative I guess. Stick with it Wiley!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Wear it a while and you’ll forget the weight. SD43 is a great watch indeed :-)
    It's going nowhere! I'll get an Everest in a week or two to play around with but it's definitely my favourite of the bunch by a distance.

Master
    It's going nowhere! I'll get an Everest in a week or two to play around with but it's definitely my favourite of the bunch by a distance.
    Nice, somehow works better on rubber than the sub / gmt models. Perhaps due to smaller lugs?

I had the GMT on a Rubber B when I first bought it, more due to dislike of PCL than anything else, although it looked fine - certainly not as good as the bracelet on reflection.

I've just ordered one of these

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    I've just ordered one of these

That’s the Blue Hole edition, isn’t it? I got one in a trade a couple of months ago, albeit without the bracelet. Runs at a consistent plus 4 seconds a day. The lume is impressive even by Seiko standards.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    That’s the Blue Hole edition, isn’t it? I got one in a trade a couple of months ago, albeit without the bracelet. Runs at a consistent plus 4 seconds a day. The lume is impressive even by Seiko standards.
    Yep that's the one I just really like the look of the dial I'm hoping it looks as good as it does in the pictures
    The case design doest look half bad too :)

My new Dan Henry 1962 Panda. As others have commented previously this is a stunning watch which looks and feels like it should cost multiple times what it does.

The straps it comes with are actually very nice for the money, but I’m thinking I’d prefer something different. Oyster Bracelet? Maybe a sand/tobacco suede...choices choices.

^^^^I'm always impressed with images of Dan Henry watches and this one looks like a real stunner.

Longines Legend Skin Diver. Superb quality, a virtual repro of the 60s original and the best fauxtina I've seen. Absolutely lugtastic though and the small of wrist need not apply here.

****Wileeeeeey****

The dimensions of the SD43 are those of a watch for today's general tastes for larger watches and I know lots of WIS folk don't like that however, in my opinion, your pics show that it's an absolutely stunning watch in every respect. It just exudes quality and has all the facets of a 'tool' watch. I've never seen a Rolex diver that suits a rubber strap but the SD43 and Iso combo is incredible. I think I'm in the minority with those views but hey, different strokes for different folks.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I quite like it.
    A quick pic before a first swim. More details follow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MeachamLake View Post
    The straps it comes with are actually very nice for the money, but I’m thinking I’d prefer something different.
    Great watches, I intend to own a 1964 "bad panda" bicompax at some point...

As for the strap, Watch Gecko Radstock Racing - the one on the left:

First ever Sinn. Just waiting for the red rubber to arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    I quite like it.

Congratulations, that does look good. Well done on the buy!

Tudor Black Bay 41 arrived last week, been on my wrist ever since.

And a red dial Orient Kamasu arrived this morning (not my photo)

Got a G-Shock full metal "Tron" incoming - I really like the laser etched grid pattern on the case and bracelet, and I think the patterned module might look good with my cerakoted bracelet etc too. Very much looking forward to getting my mitts on it.

Master
    I was tempted into buying this in the AliExpress sale by a Just One More Watch video on Youtube, recently.

Remarkably nice for less than £70 including delivery. Seems decently accurate so far, as well. I'd never used AliExpress and was a little wary, but it's all worked out very nicely.

Ordered one of these yesterday

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Ordered one of these yesterday

That's rather tasty. Was it a UK stockist?

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    That's rather tasty. Was it a UK stockist?

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves
    Hi, no its direct from Dagaz in Hong Kong. Normally $550 but reduced to $350 (£294 yesterday on PayPal). It is pretty tasty yes, NE15 movement, ceramic dial, and comes with a waffle strap aswell as the bracelet. Hope for no HMRC interference, never had any before with Dagaz products, but with vat and handling fee will still be okay if that happens.

Last edited by Ruggertech; 8th July 2020 at 14:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    I quite like it.
    That's nice and should go well with the car!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That's nice and should go well with the car!
    Thanks, but the 1055 is better suited! This came in a nice olive green case though.

This arrived a week or so ago but the extra links needed came today, so I can now wear it

As seen in the G-Shock thread: the watch was an incoming last week but the bracelet arrived yesterday.

Craftsman
    My Seiko collection is about to get a whole lot bigger!

SydR
    Today’s arrival is my Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT.

£53 delivered with no customs charge. Delivered in 7 days

It's large, and the edges are......sharp..... Not really a summer's day watch, but I'll wear it out. The lightness of the bracelet offsets the hugosity of it all. My wrists are 19cm/7.5"

The construction level and detail is high, and it's automatic. So we'll see how accurate and automatic it really is.

Arrived today. Check out the lunacy of this San Martin fully lumed bronze.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Croftrock View Post

That's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Croftrock View Post

That is more than a little bonkers. I approve!

Master
    This is my latest - Lufbery Dragoon Automatic Trench Watch.

Sorry for the crappy phone photo, but in real life it looks a lot better

Just in, 176.007

Wide 22mm lugs for a 39mm case, but had the perfect strap in the tropic box.

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    Just in, 176.007

Wide 22mm lugs for a 39mm case, but had the perfect strap in the tropic box.

Love it! Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    ****Wileeeeeey****

The dimensions of the SD43 are those of a watch for today's general tastes for larger watches and I know lots of WIS folk don't like that however, in my opinion, your pics show that it's an absolutely stunning watch in every respect. It just exudes quality and has all the facets of a 'tool' watch. I've never seen a Rolex diver that suits a rubber strap but the SD43 and Iso combo is incredible. I think I'm in the minority with those views but hey, different strokes for different folks.
    Sorry, missed this one, thank you for the comments. It certainly makes the Sub look a bit like a dress watch in comparison. The hash marks really make a difference to the look of it and it does suit rubber imo too. I'm very tempted to get a black Everest rubber strap but the price is silly. I think SD43 on rubber and Sub on bracelet at least for now.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Please. No more feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Hi, no its direct from Dagaz in Hong Kong. Normally $550 but reduced to $350 (£294 yesterday on PayPal). It is pretty tasty yes, NE15 movement, ceramic dial, and comes with a waffle strap aswell as the bracelet. Hope for no HMRC interference, never had any before with Dagaz products, but with vat and handling fee will still be okay if that happens.

It arrived today, very happy with the looks and quality. I was hit for £25 in fees by UPS, but a day or two prior Jake had refunded me $25 postage so it came in at £300 give or take a quid.

Last edited by Ruggertech; 8th July 2020 at 14:51.

Just arrived. Very impressive.

Retangula Turtle