closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 413 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Well I did post about about this incoming and it came in last week, but any excuse...

Apprentice
    loving my new arrival 24/7...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmeister View Post
    loving my new arrival 24/7...
    Here's your photo properly linked;

Nice to see a rather unusual piece; one of the lesser seen of the "Holy Trinity"

Just arrived yesterday

Apprentice
    Thanks ach5

I would have loved to present an IWC I bought via ebay (UK seller, btw). Regretfully, there was quite a bit of a difference between what was described in the ad and what I received. I sent the seller a message, hope he accepts to have the watch returned. It's a bit of a sour taste, after all the great experiences I had via the local SC.

Master
    A 14060m two-liner will be with me tomorrow. I'll post shots at the weekend.

I've lost some of the love I had for my beater, the Seiko Monster, so I finally decided to get a watch that has been haunting me for quite some time. I just ordered a Vostok Amphibia Scuba Dude. Here's a pic I found online, I'll be sure to post a few of my own once I get it. I don't think it'll get to me before January.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I've lost some of the love I had for my beater, the Seiko Monster, so I finally decided to get a watch that has been haunting me for quite some time. I just ordered a Vostok Amphibia Scuba Dude. Here's a pic I found online, I'll be sure to post a few of my own once I get it. I don't think it'll get to me before January.

You can't go wrong with a blue scubadude, one Vostoks finest!

Master
    Early pressie last week a lovely 66 5513 Gilt.

Master
    Oops didn't realise there was a thread devoted to new arrivals so I did another post. Oh well here you go - an early Xmas present from me to me

Picked up this very fine Stowa MO from the PO yesterday, it was unpackaged in the car and straight on the wrist and didn't come off until about 3am this morning when I got home from the Xmas works bash...

Breitling Aerospace Evo

My first quartz watch in nearly 25 years, arrived last week. The last one was a long departed Seiko Sports chronograph, .
    Delighted with this watch, the titanium lightness still catches me out, it doesn't feel like a proper watch, and you certainly do not realise you are wearing a timepiece. It weighs exactly 100 grams......my only other Breitling is a Skyland Avenger on steel bracelet, which is a hefty 233 grams!
    I am slowly discovering the potential of the watch, the handbook is very detailed, but one pretty cool thing I have noticed is the minute hand moves in 30 second increments.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    My first quartz watch in nearly 25 years, arrived last week.
    Fab watch! I used to have this watch (actually it was the generation before this one), and a Skyland also - a great pair to own!

Master
    I was looking at the Evo last week with intent to buy in the not to distant future, I was gobsmacked by the weight of this watch and love the idea of a superquartz.
    The dial, is it blue? or is that the AR coating?

I didn't have a JLC at all, then shortly after the Geophysic, this arrived:

Duometre Unique Travel Time in rose gold.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Black, with fantastic AR coating!

And as for that JLC above... wow... just wow!! COngrats!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post

Blimey........ That's some watch, I handled one on the JLC tour.... I just couldn't take my eyes off it. Very very special.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post

What a beauty! Showing it here is against thread rules, sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    (...)which in themselves wouldn't warrant a specific thread(...)
    This one most certainly does!
    Last edited by Possu; 14th December 2014 at 14:49.

Guess I should have used a smiley, didn't mean to sound serious... I'll edit one in. I do hope to see more pics of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    I was looking at the Evo last week with intent to buy in the not to distant future, I was gobsmacked by the weight of this watch and love the idea of a superquartz.
    The dial is black, but it does look blue-ish in my picture, probably due my poor camera skills and or the AR coating. It is a very clear dial in all light conditions, certainly an important consideration as my eyesight continues to fail!!!

Master
    ^^Thanks^^

Master
    Blog Entries
    Due to arrive on Tuesday...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    This one (the one on the left)....an old (& not very good) photograph of a lovely watch that is about to return to me. Anyone recognise it?

Love the Pepsi GMT's!

Master
    This arrived this week. Bit of an experiment to see if I will actually wear a dress watch...

Journeyman
    I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of my B Day present which should be arriving early next week.

Have wanted a blue dialed sport watch and ran across an uber cool Ltd Edt Zenith Defy Sea for sale! Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh soon.

Last edited by DoxaDavid; 14th December 2014 at 16:14.

Quote Originally Posted by DoxaDavid View Post
    I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of my B Day present which should be arriving early next week.

Have wanted a blue dialed sport watch and ran across an uber cool Ltd Edt Zenith Defy Sea for sale! Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh soon.

That my man, is gorgeous, never seen or heard of this model before. I own the standard Defy Classic HMS which is a lump of a watch at 44mm across, your incoming (according to a quick Google), is 46mm it seems which would probably be too large for me to get away with. Are the numerals superluminova or polished metal? Please post pics of this watch when you have the time.

Journeyman
    This came in today!

Last edited by acour_jeroen; 18th December 2014 at 21:45.

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

This beauty arrived today. Seiko SKX007 on a Wjean Oyster, adjusted for size easily with the screw links..!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419091979.463179.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    This arrived this week. Bit of an experiment to see if I will actually wear a dress watch...

Always liked these.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DJAlex View Post
    This beauty arrived today. Seiko SKX007 on a Wjean Oyster, adjusted for size easily with the screw links..!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419091979.463179.jpg
    Here it is linked properly :-)

Craftsman
    Just bought this today from Jayleb, early Christmas pressie to myself, I predict much winding up from colleagues asking why I'm constantly admiring my wrist :)

ElPrimero.jpg

Love that El Primero!

Master
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...19280370518972

Bought one of these for my upcoming 50th.

Col.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cgs View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...19280370518972

Col.
    Here you go Col (great buy, by the way!)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cgs View Post

Col.
    Nice one mate. Congrats.

Master
    Here you go Col (great buy, by the way!)

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Nice one mate. Congrats.

Thanks guys it's not while august but couldn't resist.
    Know to find a decent engraver.
    Col.

Master
    Was hoping this thread might get off the ground without me needing to embarrasingly resurrect it... just thought i'd give it one more go! If not, i'll let it sink :-)
    Seems to be floating but deserves the odd bump! A great idea as there's already so many incomings we may not have seen otherwise. If people have the time to do a more extensive write up in a separate thread then great, but if not it's nice to see a quick shot here, it makes you realise just how much is going on behind the scenes.

...And finally into the open!

Well the time came to finally give the latest arrival an airing, it had been sat in the box for a month or so awaiting the right opportunity. I know there are some on the forum who cannot understand relationship dynamics (or who are Alpha Males and do as they please), but I have to display caution when wearing new watches!
    I need not have worried, my other half was convinced she had seen the watch worn before, so I of course went along with this....
    I have owned most of the classic Speedmaster Professionals but all have gone over the years, in favour of slightly larger cased watches. I spotted this in my local AD, and at 42mm across I believe it is the perfect size for my 18cm wrist. Little hint of colour, legible date and co-axial movement. Down side, I can see why polished centre links are unpopular
    Here is the Speedmaster Mark II 'Rio 2016'.

[IMG][/IMG]

Master
    Here is the Speedmaster Mark II 'Rio 2016'.
    Love that - super retro! Like having a vintage watch but with all the benefits of brand new! Fantastic!

[IMG]

I love the gold, silver, bronze. Subtle yet effective. I wanted a closer look in Cheltenham today but just didn't have time, i often look at it through a window. Enjoy.

Apprentice
    I am chomping at the bloody bit here I'll post pics when I get it but I am on hold for a Luminox ANU 4200. It's sitting under the counter till I in all my excitement can chill out and come up with another 250.00. Lol I will have it in a week or so. But that's my only incoming for the next week but I do have my eyes on a neat custom diver that came up for sale recently. Sp maybe 2 in the next few cheers all merry Christmas.

Master

16570 Explorer II

Well, I wasn't expecting this one. A classic case of working right up to Christmas Eve with a cold, and feeling like I deserved a medal of some description. But even then, I was going to pick up a little GS Quartz SBGX055 from Japan, until the import costs pushed the price up through some kind of psychological barrier, and the irresistible gravity of the 16570 Explorer II started to pull me in.

What really swung it for me was just how well this perfectly proportioned, classic 40mm model wears on a slim 6.5" wrist. I narrowed it down to drilled lugs, Oyster-lock clasp and black dial (not that there's anything wrong with any other combination), and before I knew it, one had found its way onto my wrist. I guess you've all seen a 16570 before, but here's mine.

All right, my Scuba Dude has arrived. It did in fact arrive well in time before new year's eve, but I got around to shortening the bracelet only yesterday. Two weeks from the order I had the watch in my hands and there were the long christmas holidays too. Pretty good IMO and I'm happy with Chistopolcity.com's service.

I was warned about the bad bracelet, but I was still a bit surprised that it actually is truly horrible. The watch on the other hand is in fact better than I expected. Especially the dial is pretty nice, 'cept the markers. All in all I'm very happy with the watch. Certainly worth the price, which was all in all a little under £50. I've got a couple of perlon straps incoming, I hope they'll do justice to the watch. Two ugly snapshots:

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post

Very nice.

Well, I've finally succumbed to my yearning for an ana-digi, and after posting a WTB for either an X-33 or a B-1 ended up buying one of these instead! it lands tomorrow.

Last edited by learningtofly; 5th January 2015 at 13:29.

Master
    Somebody been copying your photographic 'style'? Or maybe they'd just run out of 50p pieces too!
    Congrats on the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Somebody been copying your photographic 'style'? Or maybe they'd just run out of 50p pieces too!
    Congrats on the purchase.
    That's an official Breitling shot

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, I've finally succumbed to my yearning for an ana-digi, and after posting a WTB for either an X-33 or a B-1 ended up buying one of these instead! it lands tomorrow.

Very nice.