closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 192 of 416 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,600 of 20799

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    Very excited to receive my first DJ this morning courtesy of Vince to celebrate a milestone. It’s about a year older than I am but you wouldn’t know, it still looks stunning! Just can’t stop looking at the dial in the sun.

Saw this on SC and thought it absolutely stunning.
    Wear in good health.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Yet another one that looks like all the rest in the safe.

Master
    (Now in the correct thread)
    I was looking for an everyday robust watch with a bracelet, 100m WR, heritage, not too big/high, in a sensible price range...

While browsing Chrono24, I came back to a watch I had beeing looking for a year or so and decided "to pull the trigger" (this phrase was mandatory).

And guess what I got yesterday?

A Tutima (Pacific?) Military Chronograph, in NOS condition.

It has the same or similar movement to the PRS-17 Chronograph, this is the ETA/Quartz Version of the Lemania 5100 with the cool plane-shaped minute-counting hand in orange.

Titanium case and bracelet (I will have to get used to the 90's style yet), in new condition....

Kind regards

Craftsman
    Just something to investigate.. good value and I am interested to see how the 2824 HI P5000 performs..
    Watch is a nice size.. lovely handset.. may write a review..
    Early indications on the timegrapher puts it in my top 3 movements accuracy wise. A deviation of less than one second across six positions!! Wow impressive in a 299 pound watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    At 292mm, this wears a little larger than my usual choices. I’m pleased with it though, it’s surprisingly hard to find a nice wall clock. It runs completely silently which is a bonus.

Craftsman
    Lovely clock..
    Have you thought of putting that on a Nato

Something a little different, 16 little tubes of Tritium dotted around a big lump of a diver. Based on the Marathon GSAR this was made in very small numbers by Borealis a few years back and sold out almost instantly. It is called the Borealis Scout Sniper. It came with the original bracelet, but the previous owner had put it on a green divers strap which is very comfortable, so leaving it on that for now.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Something a little different, 16 little tubes of Tritium dotted around a big lump of a diver. Based on the Marathon GSAR this was made in very small numbers by Borealis a few years back and sold out almost instantly. It is called the Borealis Scout Sniper. It came with the original bracelet, but the previous owner had put it on a green divers strap which is very comfortable, so leaving it on that for now.
    I like how they've unashamedly used tubes like that. I think we need a lume shot as well though, hey!

Quote Originally Posted by manicmunnday View Post
    I like how they've unashamedly used tubes like that. I think we need a lume shot as well though, hey!
    Reading up on the watch, the tritium does not glow as quickly or as brightly as the Luminova used for the numbers, but lasts longer, in fact it is continual and the darker the room the better the glow from it. A slow build up if you like. The first image is borrowed, but the second two were taken in a darkened hall. It will be interesting to see what it is like over night.

Blog Entries
    Reading up on the watch, the tritium does not glow as quickly or as brightly as the Luminova used for the numbers, but lasts longer, in fact it is continual and the darker the room the better the glow from it.
    Isn't it the case that they always glow (without any charging) - albeit less bright than a freshly charged luminova.
    Hence, as the time passes - the Luminova fades & the tritium becomes more apparent ?

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Isn't it the case that they always glow (without any charging) - albeit less bright than a freshly charged luminova.
    Hence, as the time passes - the Luminova fades & the tritium becomes more apparent ?

z
    Yes, I would agree with this.

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

So, bought on a whim because it’s a community forum and the seller needed to shift it. I liked the look and knew in advance it would be too big for my noodle wrists...
    But actually it wears wonderfully.
    “Slips nearly under a shirt cuff” so nobody ever - It’s bloomin Empire State Building-level of tall, but I am really falling for it.
    And again, a brand I am no fanboy of has impressed me very much on build quality and finish.

Last edited by notenoughwrists; 18th April 2020 at 22:16.

Journeyman
    Reading up on the watch, the tritium does not glow as quickly or as brightly as the Luminova used for the numbers, but lasts longer, in fact it is continual and the darker the room the better the glow from it. A slow build up if you like. The first image is borrowed, but the second two were taken in a darkened hall. It will be interesting to see what it is like over night.
    Your photos and what Zelig wrote are really interesting. It seems like a watch that can hold your attention for multiple reasons, even in the dark! Not many that can do that.

It's even nice with the lights on too :)

Cheers for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by manicmunnday View Post
    Your photos and what Zelig wrote are really interesting. It seems like a watch that can hold your attention for multiple reasons, even in the dark! Not many that can do that.

It's even nice with the lights on too :)

Cheers for sharing.
    Had my first night with it last night and as expected the tritium tubes permanently glow. Got up in the night a couple of times (as you do) and checked the watch and the time was clearly visible. Might put the bracelet on today although it is already a lump of a watch with the rubber strap.

Journeyman
    Hello all,

Long time lurker, not regular poster, but I seem to have a bit more time lately(!) so thought I'd try and engage a bit more with the forum.

Working from home I've not been wearing my watches at all. Thought I'd remedy that with a watch that I've been meaning to get for a while. Arrived earlier this week and it's every bit the legend describes.

Great size for my tiny wrist, strap works well and of course keeps better time than any of my other watches. I can see why some people with all the lovely watches still have this in rotation.

Thought about leaving the hang tags on for a bit in case it was going to be a safe queen but sense prevailed

Journeyman
    Just arrived home to two new watches

I threw the dice and bought a Walter Mitt watch from eBay because it looked awesome and I can't afford the vintage Tudor sub that I want.

The other is a local microbrand that l wanted to support called Paulin and it's better than expected!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fancied a new beater/ sporty/ dress watch.

Picked up a new SZSB012. I believe these are a potential replacement to the sarb line, albeit slightly larger case size.

Onto leather for now. The dial is matte and even more so in the sun light!

Very pleased with the quality!

Craftsman
    New to me today..

this landed

Ok, so the seiko version is out of bounds atm,so this will do to try the size out,quality is very good considering the cost

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    Ok, so the seiko version is out of bounds atm,so this will do to try the size out,quality is very good considering the cost
    Looking good. Out of curiosity what material is the shroud made from? .

really dont know to be sure will try find out

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    really dont know to be sure will try find out
    Excellent thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
    New to me today..

[/url]
    I have one with the 1120 movement, they wear very well. Is that the quartz one?
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 22nd April 2020 at 00:12.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I have one with the 1120 movement, they wear very well. Is that the quartz one?
    Yes it's quartz..very happy with it. New battery fitted in march and it's in quite good condition for a 20 year old watch

Note to self... don’t sell this one!

Craftsman
    Have one myself. Great beater watch

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Note to self... don’t sell this one!

Journeyman
    Beautiful Sea Dweller

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Beautiful Sea Dweller
    Why don't you lay off the day-time drinking.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Did I post this before? The days blur. However, what an awesome piece of kit. Head and shoulders above anything which has gone before in the Daytona generations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Picked this up at the weekend.
    Lovely stardust dial 666

Verv you have won the Internet today what a gorgeous watch ! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Verv you have won the Internet today what a gorgeous watch ! Congrats!

LOL

Who knows when I'll receive it, but incoming...

Master
    This has made its way from Japan.

At 34mm it is a bit diminutive even for my scrawny wrist but not too small. It has also seen a buffing wheel at some point but it was the dial that had me from the start and it hasn't disappointed. Plus I like the hands a lot more than I thought I would.

Master

This arrived! Such a nice basis for mod attempts!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Good for you. For all our sakes, I hope the wait will not be too long.

My Fortis arrived - I've always liked this model; something about the thin case and flat crystal looks great to me. The indices are a nice cream colour. It's hard to capture the colours well; the second and GMT ands are luminous orange, really striking.

Quote Originally Posted by dustybottoms View Post
    This is gorgeos
    Looks like there's no crystal at all
    Reference please

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

My solar turtle arrived from HSamuel, looks like I got the last one in their sale at £166.50, and the dial is cracked! There is a hairline crack going from the centre to between 9 and 10 oclock, one going to 6, and one going to 1 oclock, so it's on it's way back. One good thing about dealing with a big established company is free no nonsense returns.
    Gutted though, really like the watch and it will be very difficult to get one again at that price.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    This is gorgeos
    Looks like there's no crystal at all
    Reference please

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk
    It is great.

GA-2110SU
    In-stock at Casio UK online with a current 10% off at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by dustybottoms View Post
    It is great.

GA-2110SU
    In-stock at Casio UK online with a current 10% off at the moment.

pretty cool range aka: the 'Casioak'

must pick one up some great colours available ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    My solar turtle arrived from HSamuel, looks like I got the last one in their sale at £166.50, and the dial is cracked! There is a hairline crack going from the centre to between 9 and 10 oclock, one going to 6, and one going to 1 oclock, so it's on it's way back. One good thing about dealing with a big established company is free no nonsense returns.
    Gutted though, really like the watch and it will be very difficult to get one again at that price.

Obviously it wasn't inspected before shipping. At least there accepting the return without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggy#1 View Post
    Obviously it wasn't inspected before shipping. At least there accepting the return without issue.
    In fairness I only noticed the cracks outside in very strong sunlight with my glasses on, thought they were reflections from the hands at first they are so fine. Regarding the return I just hope it all goes okay now.
    I was thinking of selling off the strap and STO box, banging it on a nato, and selling my g-shock, and it becoming my new beater. But then thought why should I? And a concern that the dial may start to break up made up my mind.

In fairness I only noticed the cracks outside in very strong sunlight with my glasses on, thought they were reflections from the hands at first they are so fine. Regarding the return I just hope it all goes okay now.
    I was thinking of selling off the strap and STO box, banging it on a nato, and selling my g-shock, and it becoming my new beater. But then thought why should I? And a concern that the dial may start to break up made up my mind.

Probably a wise move sending it back while you have the chance. Never know they might get another in the interval if someone else returns ones if they don't like it in person.

Lovely dial though on these especially when the light catches it. I have one of the STO solar chronographs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggy#1 View Post
    Never know they might get another in the interval if someone else returns ones if they don't like it in person.
    Thanks, fingers crossed.

Master

This might sound like a stupid question but are you sure the dial itself is cracked?
    I had a black dialled one of these and the three lines you describe were visible in exactly the same positions and are something to do with the solar charging cell. They too were only visible in strong sunlight.

See link for example of what I mean.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/do...4753583-5.html

Cheers
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    This might sound like a stupid question but are you sure the dial itself is cracked?
    I had a black dialled one of these and the three lines you describe were visible in exactly the same positions and are something to do with the solar charging cell. They too were only visible in strong sunlight.

See link for example of what I mean.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/do...4753583-5.html

Cheers
    Neil
    Hi Neil, now you say that I cant be 100% sure no. The one going to 1oclock may be part of the charging cell, as could the one to 6oclock, but the one to 9:20ish that can be seen in the photo looks very much like a crack. If I'm wrong it's too late now, on it's way back. Thanks for the heads up though.

Edit: just did a little digging and you are right. However I did find a thread where it said after a knock the joint had parted, and I think mine has suffered the same fate, the 9:20 line definitely looks like a crack and isn't as straight as the other two.

Last edited by Ruggertech; 23rd April 2020 at 18:29.

Master
    Edit: just did a little digging and you are right. However I did find a thread where it said after a knock the joint had parted, and I think mine has suffered the same fate, the 9:20 line definitely looks like a crack and isn't as straight as the other two.
    Yes the one at 9.20 looks more like a crack but hard to tell from one picture but at least it’s easily returned as you say. I’ve done the same several times in the past if something’s arrived that I’m not completely happy with.

Cheers
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    Yes the one at 9.20 looks more like a crack but hard to tell from one picture but at least it’s easily returned as you say. I’ve done the same several times in the past if something’s arrived that I’m not completely happy with.

Cheers
    Neil
    Cheers Neil, wish I hadn't been so quick to send it back now, would like to check it with a magnifying glass. But nothing lost as such I suppose.

Journeyman

Congrats man it’s a stunning piece nothing comes close.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats man it’s a stunning piece nothing comes close.